Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

CEN MT2

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2004, 10:57 PM
y1der

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CEN MT2

I've been looking at a lot of different trucks but I keep coming back to this on mainly because of the price. My question is why doesn't there seem to be a lot of advertising on this truck. I haven't seen a lot of reviews and I can't find a hobby shop near me that sells this truck. Is the a good truck? Why isn't it a popular truck? Is it worth spending the extra $150 to get the HPI Savage 25 or T-Maxx?
Old 10-22-2004, 11:03 PM
nitromacguyver

Default RE: CENge 25 MT2

i believe that you are talking about the Cen mt2. there is no ge or 25 in the name. it is an excellent truck. great price and it is very durable. more questions, just ask. welcome ot the forum
Old 10-23-2004, 10:10 AM
speedy_moe

Default RE: CEN MT2

First welcome.

Cen MT2 is a great truck, I have one and love it.

If you are looking for hop-ups then go with the Savage. I have been impressed with them and how good they are.

But dont get me wrong the MT2 is a great truck but like you there is no store that has CEN around me. It makes it hard when you need small parts that you have to wait a week to get and pay for shipping.

I hope that help you make a smart choice.
Old 10-23-2004, 12:14 PM
mrjason82

I bought my CEN for my first truck and at the beginning I had nothing but problems with it. After I had it for a while and found this forum with tips on how to keep it together it was much more durable. Biggest things to watch out for with this truck are diff cups, spur gears, and the radio that they sell with it is a POS. Biggest problem I had with the spur gears wasn't that they were stripping but the two speed cluth on the thing would rip through the second gear and eventually second gear would be gone completely. I tried coating that gear with a little bit of JB weld and it seemed to help out. As for the diff cups I got CVD's for it and they were slightly longer, other guys put washers in them to bring them out and there's probably a couple more good suggestions too. I haven't ran it much lately it's kinda sitting in pieces but I'll be looking to get it back together soon. ALSO, parts availability is not good for this truck. Luckily I found one shop in St. Louis that had parts for it that wasn't even listed on CEN's website at the time. Before that I was waiting a week to get parts. Overall this can be a great truck for the price but it needs some minor tweaking done to it before it's ever really fun to play with.
Old 10-24-2004, 08:45 AM
KICKINDIRT

They are great trucks to have I love mine its great they don't break down often the biggest problem i have is spur gears (mostly driver error) you dont need alot of hop-ups. Mine has a racing head and a torque pipe
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ge95045.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	126.0 KB
ID:	186110   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rm36762.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	118.0 KB
ID:	186111   Click image for larger version

Name:	Yd83337.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	123.6 KB
ID:	186112   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ga77275.jpg
Size:	141.6 KB
ID:	186113  
Old 10-24-2004, 03:44 PM
y1der

That's the problem is that I want hop ups. I want to pimp my rc with nice wheels and spinners from proline. It seems that there isn't a lot of stuff outside of CEN stuff made for the truck.
Old 10-24-2004, 05:43 PM
nitromacguyver

if hopping it up is one thing you really want to do and you arnt some one like me who loves doing custom stuff (check my gallery) then this truck unfortunatly is not for you.

well unless you want me to make hopups for you.
tis is a great truck that is greatly hurt because of lack of 3rd party support.
Old 10-24-2004, 08:23 PM
poor judgement

aftermarket stuff is gettin there - check my rally in my sig or gallery - all parts will fit the mt2. also check these links

http://www.renegaderc.com/shop.mv?Sc...t_Code=RCP1002

http://www.rcnitro.com/rn/articles/superShop_1.asp

cant find any on the bay at the mo, but jt chassis` often are on there - big improvement over standard chassis.
Old 10-24-2004, 09:12 PM
y1der

This is promising, very promising. If these adapters will allow me to put on the proline Mamba 40 Series rims then I'm sold. What about the other bodies. Do you know where I can find a different body that would fit this truck.
Old 10-25-2004, 11:25 AM
rolland

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You have a limited selection of Tmaxx size wheels because of the backspacing requirements.
Suggested wheels are listed on the Renegade site.
Old 10-25-2004, 06:49 PM
poor judgement

bodies are a pain for cen cars to be honest. i used a HPI supersize car shell on my rally, but the shells not wide enough at all.

probably doesnt matter much, but my chassis is 7mm longer than standard (276mm now), so it fits a little better, jt racing also do one 1/2" longer than standard......if u fancied goin that way....

u had best get to the shop and start offering shells up, only alternative is to get a clear cen one and paint ur own scheme to avoid the standard look.
Old 10-25-2004, 09:35 PM
ndeepoffroad

I got one and I love it. Runs strong, is very durable, and is fun to drive. I put brass tubing on my diff cups and bought some RPM wheels and Swamp Dawgs to put on it and used hex adapters to make the wheels work.

I would recommend one to any beginner.

I have found a store here in Russellville that sells all parts for CEN, so if you all need some parts quick, gimme a part # and send some $$ and I will express ship you anything you need!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Pn36295.jpg
Size:	146.1 KB
ID:	186747   Click image for larger version

Name:	Oj28489.jpg
Size:	37.6 KB
ID:	186748   Click image for larger version

Name:	Va72128.jpg
Size:	155.1 KB
ID:	186749   Click image for larger version

Name:	Le93582.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	148.5 KB
ID:	186750  
Old 10-26-2004, 11:57 AM
bolegs

ndeepoffroad, looking good !! Do the new wheels and tires affect the steering? Can they do tight turns without rubbing, does the engine have enough power to pull the larger tires, etc? Which is heavier, the stock tires and wheels or the new setup?
Thanks
Old 10-26-2004, 09:14 PM
ndeepoffroad

they don't affect the steering at all! actually turns better b/c it gets some grip on the surface! Yeah, the engine has no noticable power loss w/ the new setup, it runs better I think b/c the tires have tons of traction and the truck hooks up on any surface. I think the new tires might be a little heavier, but I haven't weighed them so I don't know. I don't get that extreme, as far as weighing parts and all that jazz, I go for looks and how it works, speed is just a bonus!

I would recommend these tires to my best friend and my worst enemy. They are awesome.