Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

who REALLY knows tower hobbies?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

who REALLY knows tower hobbies?

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2004, 01:27 AM
bkmademedoit

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default who REALLY knows tower hobbies?

i see i can pre-order a warhead. great. i also see that i can get $50 off if i add something tiny and stupid instead of missing $40 by a penny. and i ALSO see that they have a $15 gift certificate with it. can i use that $15 towards this purchase also? and can i still to the easy pay (or whatever they call the 3 payment thing) with these savings?
Old 10-28-2004, 04:41 AM
camra88

Default RE: who REALLY knows tower hobbies?

You should probably ask towerhobbies that question... get a better answer then you would here (i would think)
Old 10-28-2004, 06:05 AM
AJ DRAGON

HI

If you use one you can't use the other. I tried.
Old 10-28-2004, 06:24 AM
Q8 RC

i ordered my savage revo and some hop ups from tower hobbies they send some gifts with the box and they send you in the email for you next order free standard shipping i like dealing with tower hobbies and plus there is 50$ discount on a 500$ paymint

Bader

KUWAIT
Old 10-28-2004, 06:55 AM
bkmademedoit

i'll just call them this afternoon and talk to them but i doubted they'd be there at 2something am when i posted this.
Old 10-28-2004, 08:23 AM
binaryterror

If I remember right the $15 is only good on the next purchase.

The $50 off...yeah definately spend a bit on some spares or something to get up to the $50 off. This is directly off the price.

Never used the easy pay option....
Old 10-28-2004, 01:40 PM
tamiya08
My Feedback: (10)

I have made TONS of purchases and returns on tower because they sell my tnx parts and Dirtburners doesnt. when you preorder they dont actaly charge your credit card until its in stock. ALSO check the price once and a while, when i had a savage ss on preorder the price kept getting lower and i kept calling them and tellin them to change it. about the 50 off anf the 15 off you can only use one at a time. i would use the 50 off now, seeing that the gift card will be used for parts. dont use easy pay. pay it all at once with a credit card with less intrest.

chris

ORIGINAL: bkmademedoit

i see i can pre-order a warhead. great. i also see that i can get $50 off if i add something tiny and stupid instead of missing $40 by a penny. and i ALSO see that they have a $15 gift certificate with it. can i use that $15 towards this purchase also? and can i still to the easy pay (or whatever they call the 3 payment thing) with these savings?
Old 10-28-2004, 03:16 PM
bkmademedoit

i think i'm going to wait until they've been out and let other people find out whats wrong with them. they do the 7ways to save thing alot so they'll do it again.
Old 10-28-2004, 09:46 PM
silverman1

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The 15.00 dollars is gift certificate towards your next order, you can not apply to this order, I tried. If your close to adding another 10.00 off what the heck, order a spare glow plug for it. I'll have 30.00 worth of gift certificates, I ordered mine in sept, and 15.00 dollars off of the 399.00 price, im a tower saver club member. If you order stuff like i do kits, it adds up quick in the savings.

Tower is a great company to deal with they would not screw you.
Old 10-28-2004, 10:16 PM
Kemo

correction... WILL not screw u.
Old 10-29-2004, 02:37 AM
camra88

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Towerhobbies is fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!

I got that DuraTrax IntelliPeak AC/DC Pulse Charger, to go along with my duratrax digital intellipeak charger from them. My LHS wanted around i think 65 bucks or so for it. I got a coupon from tower giving me $20 off a purchase over $50!!! (because i havnt shopped with them for a long time, and they wanted my business back, i guess). So $54 - 20 or $34!!!! Shipping i think brought it up to around 40 bucks. I saved about 15 bucks! OOORRAAAWWW!!

[8D]
Old 10-29-2004, 08:22 AM
Ram008

Make sure you look around everywhere on their site, it's common for them to have vehicles, especially monster trucks, listed in 3 or 4 different places with all different prices. The $15 gift certificate is a paper certificate that comes in the box with the vehicle, so you cannot use it until your next order. Also, be careful if you backorder something. They charge you the price of the item when it comes in off of backorder and NOT what the price was when you ordered it (and their prices DO go back up). Also, if you plan on using a code or coupon, if you order this month and the code is for October, and the vehicle comes in in November, they will not let you use that October code on your order. They did that to me on an E-Maxx, not only did they raise the price of the Maxx back up, they also nixed the coupon off the order because I backordered it in June and it didn't show up until July. My local hobby shop at the time (Larry's) had it cheaper anyway, so I just cancelled the backorder. I've found that their prices aren't all that great, and that I can get it at a local hobby shop for about the same price, once I figure in shipping and tax (Champaign is 7.5%). My brother lives near another local hobby shop in a different county where the tax is less. A friend pre-ordered a Revo from them and wasn't expecting it to come in off of backorder as quick as it did. They automatically shipped his Revo to him and he didn't know it until he got an email saying it had been shipped. $500 is a lot of coin to hit somebody's credit card with, without telling them.
Old 10-29-2004, 02:50 PM
silverman1

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

They have stuck by their word on backordered items with me, when applying the discount at the time of backordering. Just ask them up front to be sure. In my situations this has never been a issue. I'll say it before and again tower hobbies is a honest online hobby shop, but it is your responsibilty to look up and tell them the ad discount number, usually on the home page of thier site you want to apply towards your purchase.