Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

Dirt burners SUNDAY results on a forum

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Dirt burners SUNDAY results on a forum

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2004, 04:50 PM
binaryterror

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Dirt burners SUNDAY results on a forum

ORIGINAL: tamiyakid08

transmitter lock down, just tag each guys radio, and give the guy a the number of his radio on a peice of paper, when he needs it, he turns in the paper, and his radio will have that same number on it, so it wont get confusing
" is this your radio?" " no mines the black one, there all black...."

do you follow me?
Yeah kinda like Valet Transmitters or Transmitter Coat Check!

It would work, but would Db's be willing to do this?
Old 11-30-2004, 05:15 PM
69 GTO

ORIGINAL: binaryterror

It's too bad to see Matt might not race as well as Sandor, though I do understand.

I'm not into racing for points or $$$, but fun....and right now $15 a week is most of my fun budget .

Myabe DB's will step up and do something other than just another meeting...penalties or maybe Transmitter lock down?

transmitter lock down, just tag each guys radio, and give the guy a the number of his radio on a peice of paper, when he needs it, he turns in the paper, and his radio will have that same number on it, so it wont get confusing

do you follow me?
Yup thats what i suggested earlier because Larry use to do that and tape a little tag to the bottom of your radio....worked great back then and we never had any problem from that point on.
Old 11-30-2004, 05:17 PM
-Fast-Eddie
My Feedback: (2)

You know IM a big R/C Airplane guy and at EVERY! Airshow or get together they have a radio Impound. They take your radio in and give you a number . when it's your turn to fly you take your number to the impound and you get your radio and whatever frequency you registered with. Soon as you land and get plane in pits you get that radio back in imieditly. I started racing 7 years ago and then started planes and i can't figure out why in the heck cars never does this. Planes are more of a safety issue cause they could crash into a crowd and blow up etc... but still something similair needs to start being done with cars at these races. I personally have never had a radio problem while racing at DB except for people not returning clips. As it grows it will just get worse i imagine and something needs to be done. Week and 2 days till i get my Revo!!! Later guys

Eddie
Old 11-30-2004, 06:04 PM
tamiya08
My Feedback: (10)

ORIGINAL: binaryterror

do you follow me?
Yeah kinda like Valet Transmitters or Transmitter Coat Check!

It would work, but would Db's be willing to do this?

yea i dunno if they would be willing todo this, anyone want to bring it up sunday?
Old 12-01-2004, 08:54 PM
kawasaki madman

Hey guys what's up? Sorry Jake, I don't have an extra throttle return spring either. Hell, looks like I won't have a new Stadium Pro as well. Jesse at Larry's was told they were in stock but turns out they are on back order, but, my previous choice...the SUT Pro is in! It will be coming by way of UPS on Fri. along w/ an XTM Pro 24.7!!!!! This S.O.B. should be faaaaaast! I don't know for sure if I can make it this Sun. though to unveil it to everyone at DB's. One things for sure, I won't have to worry about some 2 cent part like a cvd pin throwing me into the freakin' B Main!
Old 12-01-2004, 09:38 PM
tamiya08

hope you can make it gabe,

maxxoverkill are you gonna make it?
Old 12-01-2004, 09:43 PM
tamiya08

also does anyone know, did they start the different classes for the mt? unlimited and stock?
Old 12-01-2004, 10:20 PM
ThermalRD

No, they will not do that until the new points series. That is ONLY if they decide to seperate them at all. Its been discussed to some extent with the owners, and some other drivers. Honestly, it doesnt sound like they will seperate them.

also does anyone know, did they start the different classes for the mt? unlimited and stock?
Old 12-02-2004, 10:13 AM
binaryterror

Wow I might have a good chance with so many guys missing out the Sunday! YAY ME!

I figured Gabe would really want the SUT more anyhow. It's shorter and well more truggy.
Old 12-02-2004, 11:08 AM
-Fast-Eddie

Any of yah goin to DB tomorrow *Friday*? I dont have a MT to run yet but will next week. I might bring out mf2 to get some more practice in. Tomorrow is electric/nitro correct? Oh and what time would you be getting to DB if you do practice?

Eddie
Old 12-02-2004, 11:33 AM
binaryterror

Dirt Burners Schedules:

Monday: Nitro/Electric Practice all day
Tuesday: Electric only (racing at night)
Wednesday: Nitro/Electric Practice all day
Thursday: I FORGOT...
Friday: Nitro/Electric Practice all day
Saturday: Electric only (Racing)
Sunday: Nitro Only (Racing all day)

Practice days you can practice Open to Close.
Old 12-02-2004, 07:29 PM
tamiya08

sorry doesnt look like ill be making it either.
Old 12-02-2004, 10:12 PM
binaryterror

Wow me, myself, and Jesse. Looks like I might be an A-Main runner
Old 12-03-2004, 10:26 PM
sjm
My Feedback: (8)

Hi Guys,

I was at Dirt Burners last weekend for the first time. It was a real humbling experience for a newbie like myself. I want to thank all the guys in the pits who gave me some advice. I was really impressed with the caliber of some of the racers. Frankly I wish they had a novice class so I wouldn't have got in anybodys way. What was the truck that won the MT class? It looked a lot different than the rest of them.
Old 12-03-2004, 11:16 PM
ThermalRD

It was a Hot Bodies Lightning Stadium Pro. Rusty Jones drives it. What were you driving?
ORIGINAL: sjm

Hi Guys,

I was at Dirt Burners last weekend for the first time. It was a real humbling experience for a newbie like myself. I want to thank all the guys in the pits who gave me some advice. I was really impressed with the caliber of some of the racers. Frankly I wish they had a novice class so I wouldn't have got in anybodys way. What was the truck that won the MT class? It looked a lot different than the rest of them.
Old 12-04-2004, 12:06 AM
sjm
My Feedback: (8)

I had a box stock Revo. I know you wouldn't have recognized it because it was upsidedown most of the time.........
Old 12-04-2004, 12:30 PM
binaryterror

sjm, you gotta learn sometimes. A novice class would be neat...but dangerous. I would say the B-Main is the novice class.

Bring it out this Sunday if you can, seems like alot of the normal guys are sitting it out for various reasons. This is likely my last race of the year with some personal issues easily filling out the end of the year.
Old 12-04-2004, 11:22 PM
-Fast-Eddie

Get my Revo Friday!!! Think theyd mind if i break the engine in at the track? Finally saw the new layout today and got to run it. was racing my mf2. Nice set-up i like it a lot. I saw a set of panther pythons in the store, but they were sitting on the counter with a transmitter on top and the guy behind counter said they did not have anymore. So im guessing someone bought the set that was there? Didn't have the time to ask lol. For the p3 rockers do i need to buy differnt pushrods?
Old 12-04-2004, 11:39 PM
ThermalRD

Yes, you'll need the black steel, or red aluminum push rods for the p3's. Make sure they are for the P'3s. They make them for P2, and P3 rockers.
Old 12-05-2004, 02:11 PM
tamiya08

seeing how next week is the last race for this point series, thermal do you think your gonna race for fun? you could bring out the old savage. we should have someone video tape us in qualifing, i saved all the orignal qualifing from the 2nd race. and we can compare are selfs... if we feel like it.
Old 12-05-2004, 04:55 PM
ThermalRD

Yes, i will be racing next sunday. Its the last race in the points series, and im pretty sure im still in the top 5. I want to know how the payout goes. So i'll be there for sure. I wonder how the turnout was today.
Old 12-05-2004, 06:03 PM
ThermalRD

Ok, so its a couple minutes past 6. If they didnt run real late, then the races should be over now. How did it go Jake? Anybody?
Old 12-05-2004, 07:00 PM
tamiya08

ok kool, i dont think the race is done yet, or just now getting done
Old 12-05-2004, 08:26 PM
binaryterror

ORIGINAL: ThermalRD

Ok, so its a couple minutes past 6. If they didnt run real late, then the races should be over now. How did it go Jake? Anybody?
LOL actually they didn't run late, I stayed and watched the A-Main buggies and still left by 5:45. (had some moving crap to do, hence the delay).

Now I did bad...straight up. Nothing broke, I had fun and learned alot. Coulda turned harder, but I'm still learning. And I know what my truck needs.

The A-Main MT winner was....Jay Chura and the Revo. Yup thats right, beat out Rusty (out due to an incident with the wall) and Jesse (Ran out of fuel, forgot to fill before race began, lost a few laps there), and the second place was Rusty's Friend with the 9.5 with Savage parts added (is his name Paul or Al maybe?).

I got 6th in the B-Main...I started 4th, but ran into some traffic and huge incident...I was there to have fun and NOT break....while learning the new track and what the truck needs.

It's too bad no one else from here showed up...it was probably the most rules followed race since well in the beginning. Sacky ran a tight race, kept the guys in control and had a long drivers meeting with Al Horns help on a few things to maybe help drive the points home.

Another TNX showed up but the driver was green to the truck and track.

The weather was cold in the morning but it really got nice throughout the day.

As mentioned this will unfortunately be the last track race or pratice for me...until or unless the house move goes well and what needs to be added to the To-Do list.
Old 12-05-2004, 08:27 PM
binaryterror

I was hoping more would show up...but I know how things go...

I just wish my report placed mne atleast in the A-Main...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.