Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

CEN MT 2

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2004, 11:41 PM
97talontsi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CEN MT 2

I was thinking of buying one of these from ebay for $279.99?
Does anyone here have this truck or can give me some advice on it?
Any major problems with it or **** like dat?
Thanks
Old 11-07-2004, 12:09 AM
dkf1979

Default RE: CEN MT 2

I just bought one about 2 weeks ago. [link=http://www.offshoreelectrics.com/MainPage.htm]Click here to buy it for $249.00[/link] First off, I'd like to say i'm having a blast with my MT2 so far. Break in was easy. And the truck moves like a bat out of hell. From what i've learned from "SEARCH"ing the forum, and from experience. The diff cups on the truck are a weak point. There is a mod you can do to fix that problem though. The mod costs about $3.00, and takes about 1/2 hour to do. I had to learn for myself that they are weak points. Within about 10 or 15 tanks for me I had a diff cup break, and one crack. I ordered a couple new ones and did the mod. Haven't had a chance to run it since. But i'm confident the mod will take care of that problem.
Other than that, i'm extremely pleased with the truck. And the price! Take my opinion lightly because it's my first RC monster truck. But here is one very satisfied customer!
Old 11-07-2004, 01:32 AM
mr-rccrazy

The one thing i love about the cen fun factor line is the engine reliability, these engines run great even if they are tuned like crap, and still give good power and speed. The drive cups break like mad, and the cen was nicknamed "crustymobile" by my friends and I because of its nasty grinding noises in the drivetrain out of the box. I guess they didn't do the math on the diffs!!!! lol. Anyways, it ran good, no real huge problems. Its a good truck for under 300 bucks.
Old 11-08-2004, 04:20 PM
cenracer1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have had my cen mt2 for about a year now and I can't say enough about it. Sure it has a few weak points. the GX12 diff cups, and the trans gears, but I will tell you, for the money, it is hard to beat. My 10 year old son races the truck when allowed in races and usually surprises many of the so called race trucks. The engine is bullet proof. I've run it as high as 340 degrees with no apparent damage.(not on purpose) . Highly recommend truck.... Just make sure your lhs stocks cen parts or you will be waiting for parts to come ups......
Because the engine is a .16size he has to race in the open classes against .21 and .26 and usually does pretty well.....
Old 11-08-2004, 08:17 PM
97talontsi

ya my local hobby shop has upgrades and parts too. It was good I checked and they are also selling the truck for $499 CAD with out a radio. And I aint buyin dat. Its better on ebay.

thanks mayne fo tha info
Old 11-08-2004, 09:10 PM
dkf1979

Why ebay? You'd rather spend $15 or $20 more buying of some guy sitting in his basement? Offshore Electrics is a reputable dealer. I heard of them from RC Universe. I had excellent service from them.