Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

X-Factor Questions

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2004, 09:11 PM
skirecs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default X-Factor Questions

I am not a racer, usually just a drive around in the backyard, up and down the hills type of thing. My X-C handles teh dirt and grass fine, but down the back its too hard. I want an MT but I am really drawn towards teh X-factor jsut becasuse it looks so nice, and its suspension is different from anything ive had. I dont need speed, or handling, i just want something fun. Anyone have advice or stories about the xfactor?

Also, is there a big difference between teh xfactor 1, and xfactor 2?

thanks
Old 11-07-2004, 09:47 PM
rcaddict83

Default RE: X-Factor Questions

x-factor is nice, my bro had one and its a wheelie machine. turning is not good on it though, and trying to jump with this thing is almost impossible since the way the suspension is setup. But when it does jump it looks funny as hell. the xfactor 1 has a reverse so you can go backwards, the xfactor 2 does not have that. the chassis plate is anodized blue and the steering servo on the XF2 is alot better than the 1st one. If you do get the x factor get yourself a wheelie bar pronto cause the pipe will be busted before you know it.
Old 11-07-2004, 10:51 PM
69 GTO

X factor was a fun truck to mess around with but the high CG and the solid axles make it pretty unstable on most surfaces. jumping it very "interesting" to say the least. It looks more realistic than alot of trucks do with the 4 links and solid axles, but the constant rolling over, bouncing around and poor jumping get a bit old real quick.

Dont want to talk ya out of buying it if thats what you really want, but for the price i'd look at some other options that are in that price range.
Old 11-08-2004, 06:41 AM
skirecs

What other options are you thinking about?

And what do you mean poor jumping?

Thanks
Skirecs
Old 11-08-2004, 01:47 PM
69 GTO

Well first as to poor jumping....

The truck has a VERY high center of gravity so if you are not lined up perfect for a jump then the truck dosent want to jump very flat, but the biggest thing is the solid axle,flexable suspension and hard non foam insert tires. The combination of these 3 things makes the truck hard to control or "correct" in the air and when it lands it bounces alot and is hard to get a decent smooth landing. As i said before its a "fun" truck for awhile....but dont expect to be jumping the truck 3 or 4 ft high and landing it without a endo or roll most times.

What i mean by other options are for the price of the X2 you could get a truck that will perform better than it. The Savage SS(kit forum) is actually about $50 cheaper, Savgae RTR is only about $30 more, Revo is about $70 more ot T maxx is about $50 less.
Theres alot of trucks out there that can suit anyones needs so check them all out and see for yourself. I'm not trying to say the X factor is not a good truck, i had some fun with mine, but i dont want you to spend $400 on something without knowing some of its weaknesses.
Old 11-08-2004, 02:06 PM
binaryterror

Yeah I own an original old school X-Factor. It is simply a blast to drive for grass runs and large areas. It does not turn well...but thats a trait of solid axle.

Wheelie bar is a must as mine squats and wheelies a good 150 feet as needed.

Would I race or jump mine? Nope...its all about bashing and wheelies, oh and of course crawling!