Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

OS .21 VZ-B V-Spec-T in a TNX...

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

OS .21 VZ-B V-Spec-T in a TNX...

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2004, 02:50 PM
KaliFormuLA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OS .21 VZ-B V-Spec-T in a TNX...

i've been looking into running an OS .21 VZ-B V-Spec-T in my tnx. i was looking at the new era site and they have a conversion chassis that fits .21 - .28. how does this chassis work? does it move the gear box forward to make more room for a bigger engine? thanks for the help. later.
Old 11-09-2004, 07:11 PM
mr-rccrazy

Default RE: OS .21 VZ-B V-Spec-T in a TNX...

I have not seen the conversion, but I would assume it would extend the rear end for engine clearance. So, usually conversions like this have a longer rear dogbone or universal to fix this.
Old 11-09-2004, 07:58 PM
tamiya08
My Feedback: (10)

ORIGINAL: KaliFormuLA

i've been looking into running an OS .21 VZ-B V-Spec-T in my tnx. i was looking at the new era site and they have a conversion chassis that fits .21 - .28. how does this chassis work? does it move the gear box forward to make more room for a bigger engine? thanks for the help. later.

yes is has 2 mounting spots for the gearbox. the chassis is a little bit heavy than stock but alot stonger too. it also gives you ability to move around the engine. if i were you i would just keep the everything stock, its rly powerfull. but im not exactly sure with what you are doing with it.
Old 11-09-2004, 09:19 PM
KaliFormuLA

to tell you the truth... i just wanna make it stupid fast(aka: project stupid fast) but the more and more i look into it, it seems like i'll be upgrade pretty much everything that's associated with the engine and that equals $$$$$$$$$$$. if i was gunna drop a bad ass engine like the v-spec in it i'd wanna do it the right way... the last thing i want is to start causing problems after problem cause at the present time i haven't had one problem with it. if i get a phat christmas bonus i might consider it
Old 11-10-2004, 09:23 AM
remten2001

I don't think the os v spec engine will work casue its a non pull start engine...YOur best luck would be to go with a picco 26 or similar...What is involved in the big block conversion is the swaping of the front center drive shaft with the rear one...The front drive shaft is longer than the rear one thus moving the tranny more forward...
Old 11-10-2004, 01:10 PM
KaliFormuLA

I don't think the os v spec engine will work casue its a non pull start engine...YOur best luck would be to go with a picco 26 or similar...What is involved in the big block conversion is the swaping of the front center drive shaft with the rear one...The front drive shaft is longer than the rear one thus moving the tranny more forward...
if i went with a .26, what would you suggest to also upgrade so that i wont keep having things breaking? thanks for the info. later.
Old 11-10-2004, 04:20 PM
remten2001

what else can you upgrade on a tnx?I mean there isn't much support in the gearing departement and even the universals u can't upgrade...Persoannly I would stay clear from a big block conversion for a tnx...I remember doing the same with my terra crusher and freaking busted all the tranny gears and diffs...Just buy a big block mt like a savage and save yourself all the hassle....