Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

confoooosed.

Old 11-10-2004, 05:13 PM
Fatal_Liquid

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default confoooosed.

Well im new to the forms and i got greeted very hospitably by the savage form part. where i posted a wrong post .

But yea im about to get my first MT. Im really confused on which one to get i have my eyes set upon Genesis scince its new and powerfull and Revo scince it was the truck of the year. Plus ppl talked about savage i dunno but i will keep that as my 3rd choice.

I dont know any thing about the gears and all that part and component stuff. im totally new to this . Just woke up one day and was like searchin threw stuff for fast trucks and bamm i just saw like angels in the sky llollz.

But i will really appreciate if any one would tell me which ones better and power full as im looking for an all timer. [8D]

<< Dan >>
Old 11-10-2004, 05:27 PM
LST-UK

Default RE: confoooosed.

How about the LST you seem to have missed it out.....
Old 11-10-2004, 07:22 PM
raykessler

use the search buton.... youl find more information then you care to read on your question
Old 11-10-2004, 08:11 PM
rozzibandit
My Feedback: (1)

Get a revo, Plain and simple! By far the most hassle free truck on the market. It is fast and handles excellent and is extremely durable. I have owned a t-maxx , savage, and this revo. It is better than all the otheres by leaps and bounds. The LST is a pile of overpriced crap. Don't even touch it if you are completely new to this. Do yourself a favor and get the revo. Plus it comes wioth a rechargeable NiMh reciever pack that youi never have to remove. Revo easiest fastest best jumping way to go if you are new or old to this. My 2 cents.Plus your glo igniter aND STARTER ARE COMBINED INTO 1 HANDHELD UNIT. Plus it will tell you when your glow plug is shot.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Us54190.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	44.1 KB
ID:	191989  
Old 11-10-2004, 09:53 PM
aero528
My Feedback: (9)

i would get a savage. it has been proven durable (through the generations, .21, etc...). it is good for racing and for bashing. i dont own a mt, yet. i was never impressed with the revo and very unimpressed with the tmaxx. the lst looked good, but i hear many people have problems with it. the Savage is the only one i have heard mostly good stuff about and it is the only one i was really impressed with. hopefully, i will get my savage ss in a few weeks, so that should be fun. look at the www.hpiracing.com and www.traxxas.com also look at how many posts there are about problems with the savage, the lst, the revo, and the tmaxx. what im trying to say is that they are all good trucks, you have to decide for yourself. just look at the websites and see which one impresses you the most. hope that helps(even if a little)

EDIT: i dont really like the easystart. it just dosent seem like a very efficent and durable way to start a truck. whats the big deal about putting a glow igniter (perferably metered) in the head, and pulling on a pull start? or better yet get a starter box and then just push the truck down on it. i think it is much easier to take apart my pull start and rebend or rewind the recoil(done it more than 4 times, took me about 5 mins each), than having to take the whole easystart unit off and trying to fix the gears and everything in it (or waiting for them to come in). i dont think it is worth it. than just my opinion.
Old 11-10-2004, 10:47 PM
Fatal_Liquid

hmmm.

What about genesis im a lil curious about that. Which one u think might be better if Genesis vs Revo.

<< Dan >>
Old 11-10-2004, 11:57 PM
Cal-Torque

That's pretty objective... LMAO
I've owned a LOT of trucks over the past few years, including the Revo. It wasn't a bad truck by any means, but I was very disappointed with it's performance. As a newbie, you'll be wowed by just about anything you buy. One of the best trucks that I have is the MGT...easy to work on...a great truck all around. Not a speed demon out of the box, but if you really get into the hobby, it can be modded without any major changes.
A lot of good choices right now. Have fun.

ORIGINAL: rozzibandit

Get a revo, Plain and simple! By far the most hassle free truck on the market. It is fast and handles excellent and is extremely durable. I have owned a t-maxx , savage, and this revo. It is better than all the otheres by leaps and bounds. The LST is a pile of overpriced crap. Don't even touch it if you are completely new to this. Do yourself a favor and get the revo. Plus it comes wioth a rechargeable NiMh reciever pack that youi never have to remove. Revo easiest fastest best jumping way to go if you are new or old to this. My 2 cents.Plus your glo igniter aND STARTER ARE COMBINED INTO 1 HANDHELD UNIT. Plus it will tell you when your glow plug is shot.
Old 11-11-2004, 12:40 AM
aero528

if the race was between the revo and the genisus, i would pic the revo, becasue it will be easier for a beginger. the revo is a good truck i was just impresed with the savage more. the genisus is a .46 with tons of power and it is HUGE. i saw a couple of these things runnign at the ihobyy fair a while ago, and they were nice to see running around, but they were huge! they had way to much power and speed for the small area they were runnign in. hope that helps.
Old 11-11-2004, 02:42 AM
Ybenjulkay2x

Also one important is about the parts too, if the lhs carries it. Some (lhs) areas they carry the parts for car/truck like the LST, but some areas (lhs) they carries diff. truck/car (manufacturer). I experience that long time ago I bought a car/truck but this lhs near my place don't carries the parts, need to order that part that sometimes hard to find like the OB4 that i have right now. Just check also the local lhs for that certain vehicle you are looking for if it easily to get parts.
Old 11-11-2004, 08:32 AM
Fatal_Liquid

ORIGINAL: Ybenjulkay2x

Also one important is about the parts too, if the lhs carries it. Some (lhs) areas they carry the parts for car/truck like the LST, but some areas (lhs) they carries diff. truck/car (manufacturer). I experience that long time ago I bought a car/truck but this lhs near my place don't carries the parts, need to order that part that sometimes hard to find like the OB4 that i have right now. Just check also the local lhs for that certain vehicle you are looking for if it easily to get parts.

Yea in new york i find it hard to see some hobby stores. I saw one in new jersy lol. But they are a lil far away from my house.

Dude this shop i call they are like whats a revo Im like omg [:-]. The shop is for MTs and the guy is like whats a revo but o well.

aero528 dude yea savage is a great MT i saw some videos on it dude that thing was taking a hell of a bashing and it was awsome. I also saw this FG Big Foot it was huggggeeeee but i didnt liked it because of the price for a 2wd which i think is not good for off roading plus i dont think its faster than genesis but i dont know about the speed. But im not interested in FG just saw some stuff on it.

Lolz i might get both Savage and Genesis or Genesis and revo. But savage influenced me more now than revo. I havent seen like some good test driving videos for Genesis. Do you think that Genesis will be able to do tricks like savage because Genesis height is like the tallest among Savage and revo plus its heavy and i dont think the way the wheels are set up it will stick to the ground.

Just like Fg big foot due to its height and weight that thing was just fallin on its hood in each fast turn. Like savage and revo they are like flattened to the ground so they will stick to it.

But i might be wrong. In a head to head race like no turns or any thing which one will win if it was between Genesis , Revo, and Savage.

<< Dan >>
Old 11-11-2004, 09:32 AM
david77449

Hello,

I've been through a few Savages and can honestly tell you that for bashing it is probably the best truck on the market. The ones I have had have been almost indestructible except for the diffs but that's going to happen with most MT's I have found out when you start putting over powered engines on them. The Savage is also one of, if not the best jumper out there due to its very long suspension travel and durability. There are issues such as the fuel leaning out at a half tank, shifting problems, the diff problems I mentioned but any truck you pick will have some issues and that you can count on.

Your best bet is to research thoroughly before you by and take everything you hear on on-line forums with a grain of salt as many people think anything but the truck they own is trash. The Savage would make a very nice starting point and as you learn you can work you way up.

David
Old 11-11-2004, 07:11 PM
aero528

i would have to agree with david77449. btw, how did you get that xxxnt to do a wheelie, in your avatar? here is a vid of the genisus at the ihobby fair(its a small place i told ya, ohh and you see that one of them brock the a arm or wheel hub or somthing): http://www.rcpics.net/view_single.php?medid=42649 enjoy!!
Old 11-11-2004, 09:46 PM
fourwheeler

I just gotta throw my advice in here too

The savage is probably the best pick for a noob because it is extremely hard to break. The MGT is a good design but not any support from the factory and therefore has lost favor with alot of people. I still enjoy my MGT though, and it is pretty cool to run around. The LST on the other hand is not an overpriced piece of garbage as some might say. I have trashed mine pretty bad the last couple of weeks and all that broke was the tires popped off the rim. But whatever you buy you will have alot of fun so look around and get one already
Old 11-12-2004, 12:23 PM
Ybenjulkay2x

Here's another advice, Some most truck have brittle plastic in it, like my truck, what i did is, i boil the plastic to give a little flex in it (about 20min.) specially the bumper, I got this advice from ace hardware hobbies. But don't follow this advice i'll mention, as it did destroy my engine, to use nitro gas as air filter oil. This lhs near my place (Richmond) advice this as they were out of oil for the air filter then wallaaaaaaaaaaa, an engine without compression after 2 to 3 tank. And i also mention this to other lhs and they been suprice as sometimes they advice this too but one of the employee mention he encounter this long time ago, he open the engine, to hard to see the worn out but, if you go closer to see to the piston it self you will see tiny line cause of loosing compression due to bad air filter.So don't use nitro gas for your air filter, if this lhs don't have it or they were out, check other lhs, or at least have spare in you tool bag.
Old 11-16-2004, 08:48 AM
pooman07
My Feedback: (2)

wow does boiling really help???how
Old 11-16-2004, 11:03 AM
Pinolelst

revos are just speed bumps to an LST
Old 11-16-2004, 02:45 PM
studysession

ORIGINAL: Pinolelst

revos are just speed bumps to an LST

This is not a truck bash-a-thon.

As for the question asked - you need to decide if later you will want to race or not. If so - check your local track and see what they alllow. Some tracks do not allow 1/10 scale at all. Where I race it is only 1/8 scale and bigger.
Old 11-16-2004, 05:28 PM
Pinolelst

It was meant as a joke because my buddies complain I'm always running them over.

Apologies to anyone who was severely distraught over my poor sense of humour
Old 11-16-2004, 05:42 PM
Tnx_4_life

just get the revo, then all these revo enthausiats will be happy. im not gonna post on this, been on here so much...chekc out the other topic... Revo vs TNX...Whos the winner?
Old 11-16-2004, 08:16 PM
Spudnik

if there is no racing, then savage all the way. the revo for only racing.
Old 11-17-2004, 01:25 PM
studysession

Revo is not just for racing. Was it designed with the racer in mind - most likely but you can bash anything you want.
Old 11-18-2004, 04:13 AM
Ybenjulkay2x

About boiling the plastic, it helps a lot as it make the plastic flex a little, better than brittle, i did observe this in ofna plastic parts, mugen, serpent, and most the raptor from prp. I'm running ultra gt long time ago, and right now i'm running OB'4 from ofna, also MRX3 and MTX3 from mugen, I have the m2 from serpent long time age but someone broke in to my car so that out of the list. the last one i have is the raptor from prp. The
plastic of the raptor specially the bumper are too brittle, as boiling it, it helps a little but i upgrade mine by replacing it with savage bumper as i boil it too. I got this advice from ace hardware hobbie 8years ago and i'm still following that advice.
Old 11-18-2004, 08:28 AM
pooman07
My Feedback: (2)

oh i see,so if my savage hit a rock with the corner of the bumper it would bend hat much and most likely snap,but boiling it would make it bend?
Old 11-18-2004, 08:59 AM
Tnx_4_life

ye something like that
Old 11-18-2004, 12:51 PM
Ybenjulkay2x

I'm running my raptor the other day and my batteries went low, and it hit a pole at a low speed, and it didn't brake, as it even roll as it turn and nothing happen unless, i hit the wall very hard like trashing it, then thats a different topic.
Just boil the plastic specially the bumper, both upper and lower arm,like 30-20min. and you will notice the different. I give this advice too to my lhs ( Pinole hobby) and they give this advice to others too and they like it much co'z it work and a big help specially if you have a car or truck that have a brittle plastic, some manufacturer they have this kind of materials (plastic) and it is easily to break so better to boil it first, rtr or not.
Also here's another advice, installed a rubber band at your carb linkage, or what ever way installing it, if you don't have fail safe, that rubber band will bring the throttle back to neutral (pulling the servo to neutral) if your batt. went out, just one thing make sure your batteries are full charge as it will drain the juice from your batt. fast..........Some, they used spring as return throttle, it depend on the person what set-up he/she want to used, some they go to the expensive style, buying the fail safe, some the cheaper way.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.