Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

Revo vs TNX.......Who's the winner?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Revo vs TNX.......Who's the winner?

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2004, 03:49 AM
fastcrash

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Revo vs TNX.......Who's the winner?

ORIGINAL: david77449

NOTICE TO ALL:

Well I was the original thread starter here and now I’m sorry I did. This will be my last post to my own topic thanks to all the children that feel they have to start flame wars. Man you guys need to do some serious growing up!

To all the mature folk I appreciate the replies and hope you guys stick around. Without you this place wouldn’t be worth coming to!

David

PS. Moderators feel free to shut down this thread anytime you want. A simple question is a mistake it seems!
well david, if you dont want ppl to argue for the truck they like, maybe you should take more consideration of the posts you start. we are all united in the love for our mt's. and any modeler should be able to sit down and decide which is the best choice for themself.
Old 11-14-2004, 05:10 AM
remten2001

PS. Moderators feel free to shut down this thread anytime you want. A simple question is a mistake it seems!
anyone starting a VS this thread is the one looking for trouble imo...IT obvious all VS threads turns into flame wars...How come i don't feel the need to start any VS threads?DO i really care to know from others what is best out there?IF i want to know I'll go and buy a truck that i feel is good and see if its worth it..

I think the same questions keeps getting ask on a regurlar basis and there is enough information provided and can be found by using the search function...
Old 11-14-2004, 07:40 AM
david77449

Well I said I was done here but my ears were burning so I just had to take a look. I was going to PM just a couple of people on this thread but let me make this statement public and the all of you can flame away at me all you want and I could care a less. Luckily when I was young my parents taught me an argument with a fool is one you can’t win so I won’t waste my time trying to convince the few of you what’s right or wrong or to even care about the difference between the two. But I will give a final reply to the few that feel they must talk about me now.

Tnx_4_life: I wasn’t pointing you out at all and do thing you added some good information here.

Fastcrash: How old are you? Or maybe the better question is how mature are you because I have met many a young person more mature! Your post quote “Bring on the flames”. Yes that’s trying to have a civil conversation right? As far as you quoting me and the start of my thread obviously you can’t read or only wee what you choose to. Go back and read my thread opener again. I was hoping to get some good info on these two trucks without flame wars. I guess as long as there are people like you around here that’s going to be impossible. So now I won’t be coming back anymore you can flame away as you were. Hope you have fun and make yourself look more macho than stupid! As far as deciding for myself yes I can do that. I got started with nitro vehicles probably long before you were born chances are. Part of the deciding for yourself process comes with research. Point out where I asked anyone to decide for me which truck to get! I asked for opinions, not flames, not someone to make up my mind, again it seems as if it should have been a simple process.

Now wizen2002: First of all you avoided my first question directly to you and so I went back and did find the tread where you sold you TNX and you dais it was because you need money to pay for your insurance. You certainly weren’t ragging on the truck in that thread where you? Interesting what you can find out on the internet. I also have found that you participate in several forum in many different place under the same user name. You need to watch that because it can come back to haunt you (foot in mouth). I also saw at least one forum from which you were banned. Would you like the link because I have it? Stiring up trouble can become a way of life for some. I’m sure you will continue so I’ll leave that alone.

As far as the VS thread I would hope most people can read and evidently you didn’t read what I ask anymore than the above poster. The fact you didn’t answer my direct question to you earlier proves you are only going to reply to the things you can find where you can make trouble. Pick and choose buddy! Now flame away and let’s see how ignorant you really are. Just remember I can pull up almost every thread you have posted on at and almost any forum you have participated in. Funny how that works hey?

I’ve talked to several people about the situation here on RCU. Luckily many feel just the same as I do. I think the moderators need to get this place under control because it’s becoming a laughing stock elsewhere at more mature forums. And if RCU wants to kick me out for saying that then so be it. Facts are facts. It’s all over the internet!

David
Old 11-14-2004, 07:52 AM
Tnx_4_life

and i agree with that. I think we are here to help eachother. were not here to convince some1 YOUR car is the best and the other is just pure poop.

@ david:

what do u think your disicion will be? im really curious. but thats because i always like to see some1 join our group of mt drivers. I hope u can make the right disicion, either way ,TNX REVO, u will be happy
Old 11-14-2004, 08:38 AM
popa71

I don't care where you go or what your talking about. It could be Mustang vs Camaro. Chevy vs Dodge, Or Kerry vs Bush. With any age group mature or immature, young or old. When you start a thread with a vs in between your going to have some strong opinions with some flaming in between. You share the blame here when you started this type of thread. This isn't an RCU problem this is life, these types of discussions generate strong opinions. If you were really starting a thread that was supposed be nice and friendly it should have read, Revo and TNX, pros and cons of both truck. So stop calling all these guys trouble makers everyone knows these threads don't work so stop being high and mighty when your also at fault!
Old 11-14-2004, 09:30 AM
bkmademedoit

putting a v next an s shouldnt be a free pass to start trouble.

and david, if you'd have dumbed it down a good way and typed it like "yo i wuz gonna buy dis truck but i dunno waht 1 is da besstn myfr iend gotta savage an its ok but i wana get sumthin difrint to kick his ***** wit so he gotta shut up!" you'd have gotten a much better response.
Old 11-14-2004, 09:41 AM
david77449

bkmademedoit, sorry I took the bait! I just had to say LOL to that one!

I guess the appropriate thing to say now would be I'm outy!
Old 11-14-2004, 09:41 AM
remten2001

Now wizen2002: First of all you avoided my first question directly to you and so I went back and did find the tread where you sold you TNX and you dais it was because you need money to pay for your insurance. You certainly weren’t ragging on the truck in that thread where you? Interesting what you can find out on the internet. I also have found that you participate in several forum in many different place under the same user name. You need to watch that because it can come back to haunt you (foot in mouth). I also saw at least one forum from which you were banned. Would you like the link because I have it? Stiring up trouble can become a way of life for some. I’m sure you will continue so I’ll leave that alone.

As far as the VS thread I would hope most people can read and evidently you didn’t read what I ask anymore than the above poster. The fact you didn’t answer my direct question to you earlier proves you are only going to reply to the things you can find where you can make trouble. Pick and choose buddy! Now flame away and let’s see how ignorant you really are. Just remember I can pull up almost every thread you have posted on at and almost any forum you have participated in. Funny how that works hey?

I’ve talked to several people about the situation here on RCU. Luckily many feel just the same as I do. I think the moderators need to get this place under control because it’s becoming a laughing stock elsewhere at more mature forums. And if RCU wants to kick me out for saying that then so be it. Facts are facts. It’s all over the internet!

David
Man back off....The tnx is the best mt i have ever owned but doesn't mean its the best in the world.And it doesn't mean that if its the best mt i ever owned that I don't see good in other mt's...I always liked traxxas and the way they promote there product and when I bought my tnx I think the revo wasn't out yet...BUt after watching videos and reading I find the revo now to be more appealing than the tnx nothing wrong with that.I am not going to buy any rc for while I am out of the hobby...You can cry all you want about knowing **** about me I could care less...and if you know so much about me you would also know that i don't get invovled in flaming usually..but this is an exeption.I am ban from rcca for the reason that I started a thread and named it" RCCA is sleeping with traxxas"..The reason I started that thread was That i got ticked off about an article made from one of there editor who was bragging about the how all the new mt's copied all the tmaxx design...And for last I don't owe you **** you can write what you want I have nothing to hide....
Old 11-14-2004, 10:15 AM
david77449

Wizen, though I'd like to be through with this post as it definitely didn't turn out as I had planned, I am man enough and mature enough to come back and post this.

Maybe when I got on your case I went a little too far. If so I am sorry, it just upsets me that people didn't read the entire original question that I posted. I just don't understand why so many have to be so rude. I guess that's just the way it is. Again regardless of what was said I apologize if I took it too far. And you're right, you don't owe me anything and respect would be the last thing I'd expect though I'm going to try and give it to you here by doing the right thing.

As for everyone else I'll say the same thing. I don't want to get caught up in a flame war with any of you guys and apologize to anyone I may have offended or gone too far with out of frustration. All I wanted in this thread was some clean, honest opinions. Maybe it was my entire fault for even expecting that!

Sincerely,
David
Old 11-14-2004, 10:18 AM
remten2001

no problem man...I just thought that you were trying to make me look like a trouble maker...thats all...[]
Old 11-14-2004, 02:19 PM
popa71

Check out the PM that sweaky clean Dave sent me.

You are another one of the many I have seen in flame thread after flame thread. Bite your tounge as you are a big problem on here. I was sure you would have a responce. Like some of the others you only see what you want to see. Maybe try reading the entire post starting a thread before you comment. Since you are so intelligent it's plain to see, what did you think about the presidential campaign? I think it was probably right up your alley, lol. VS=Let's flame each others trucks, what a joke!

Flame on bud! It's all yours.

David

Dave,

It doesnt matter how you tried to set this thread up to be a quest for knowlege!!!!!! It doesnt work, It never has and it never will. . Thats the way of the world. Its funny that you say I flame but I have never started a vs thread, the real flamers are not the people who comment on the thread , they are the people who start the threads.

Next time try and use the search button. There are at least three or four of the same threads out there. And all of them were more informative than this one!!!!!
Old 11-14-2004, 02:25 PM
69 GTO

I usually stay out of bickering matches like this one because its just pointless to get involved, but popa71 really what is the point of posting that PM...this is a RC website so how about enjoying the hobby instead of fighting over little things all the time guys.
Old 11-14-2004, 02:34 PM
popa71

David seems to be throwing the flame word around but where have I flamed in this thread. Yet he sends me a PM that is a flame and appears to be a diplomat to everyone else in thread!!!!!!! I said that a guys statement was garbage that is not a flame. If i had said the TNX was garbage that would have been a flame. We might as well all go to the Traxxas forum where you cant even say OMG or BS!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-14-2004, 02:51 PM
Fishstyx
My Feedback: (15)

Everyone just relax and watch this short video on sensitivity and how to be nice to your Revo.

[link=http://www.fishstyx.org/rcvid/trucks3x.wmv]Revo Video 8MB[/link]

Jason
Old 11-14-2004, 02:54 PM
69 GTO

I understand man and i'm not jumpin on you. I just find it so hard to try to find the useful information on the site when i go to topics that seem like they have somthing that i would like to read about and then after two or three post i have to wade through 10 posts of guys doing nothing but going back and forth arguing with each other thats all.
Old 11-14-2004, 07:24 PM
fastcrash

nice video fishstick, enjoy your superior truck.
Old 11-14-2004, 09:48 PM
silverman1

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It doesn't matter what truck, if you find one that works great for you cool. I might like a TNX better than a Revo, only because it suits my driving style better, that doesn't mean the TNX is better then the Revo. Its everyones own personal choice. What you like you like and thats cool
Old 11-15-2004, 07:57 PM
marc@rrc

Ok, i'm not going to comment at all on the revo because i've never owned one, however i do own a rather famous TNX.
During it's intial running in period it was subjected to some rather brutal treatment at the hands of some quite well know people in the R/C scene.
At the end of this "running in" period we managed to damage the following parts:

4 of the engine head cooling fins
1 servo
1 front bumper (totalled)
1 electric starter mounting
3 of the body mounts and the on board battery pack was smashed to pieces ( even though the shell remained intact!!!!?)

I must stress if you own this car and intend to race on tarmac, find a way to sheild the engine head in case the car over turns.

We managed to source replacment parts in a matter of minutes on one phone.

In my humble opion the TNX is a vastly superior machine to the TC (and lest we forget the "wild commando") But you have to remember that although the TNX it very competative out of the box it IS after all an RTR and as such WILL ALWAYS need to be modified in order to compete properly. During the course of the "running in" period the TNX was placed in a race enviroment a few times and equalled many customed cars on the track that day. This car has an amazing turn of speed down the straight (due to the weight reductions from the TC) but lacked turning ability as the race was being held are tarmac and not off road (as intended).

You really need to find club mates that have these cars and talk them into letting you play with them for a bit.

Regards
Marc
Old 11-15-2004, 10:17 PM
fastcrash

ORIGINAL: silverman1

It doesn't matter what truck, if you find one that works great for you cool. I might like a TNX better than a Revo, only because it suits my driving style better, that doesn't mean the TNX is better then the Revo. Its everyones own personal choice. What you like you like and thats cool
i agree with you 100%. that was one of the most honest and best statements on this post. one vehicle may not suit the needs or driving style of one hobbyist as weel as the next. now is when we post all the pro's and cons of the vehicles we own, or have good knowledge of. i own a revo.

pros:

1) 2.5r is a vast impeovement over the 2.5. i experienced no overheating problems during the time before i ruined it. (cause of death: i drove through a bunch of puddles, and then let the engine sit for 2 weeks, in which time the internal engine components rusted "DUH!) THE ENGINE RAN AT A CONSISTENT 220 TO 250 DEGREES. sorry for the caps, and it made good, wheeliee poping power. although the engine made much more high end power than lo end.

2) the most easily tunable, and most subbtle suspension i've ever felt in a monster truck.

3)strong and responsive steering, thanx to twin steering servos.

3)the reciever pack is a very nice plus, so is the included charger.

4)the durability is right up there with the best of them

5)the braking response is phonominal. it wont lock the tires, it just stop the truck like you pulled a ripcord.

6)sealed pivot balls!

7)the truck is very easy to work on cause theres very few screws.

8)you can remove the engine without losing the gear mesh settings.

9)very light , after all, it is considered a 1/10th scale truck.

cons:

1) although functional, the controller stinks. if you intend to race, you may buy a new controller before a set of tires.

2)i stretched 3 shock ends.

3)although the air filter works well, its a difficult one to find an aftermarket replacement for.

4)i did go through one oneway bearing in the first gallon. traxxas recomends oiling the oneway often with 10w-30 synthetic mobil one motor oil.

an aluminum clutch would be a good first upgrade for the revo.

this is what ive experienced with my revo, i hope this helps.....chris
Old 11-16-2004, 11:15 AM
fhm101

Since the flaming seems to have died a bit, here's a few simple facts fresh from the RC Pro Series national finals held last weekend.

1. Traxxas was there with bells on, not only with a raft of revo's, but also quite a few maxx trucks. In addition, they put a $100 bounty on the win in MT with one of their trucks.
2. While I saw all manner of trucks in both production and unlimited, I didn't see a single truck I could identify as a TNX. That's not to say there was not TNX trucks in the field, just if they were there they were so modified they could not be identified as a TNX.
3. The production class A main consisted of 10 revos and the winner was a Danny Beers Pro Hobby revo driven by Bobby Moore. Danny simply dropped a pound of weight from the truck, rearranged the placement of components, and changed tires. Other than that it was out of the box stock suspension, engine, etc.
4. Boggy Creek is a brutal track with no tolerance of fools and it took it's toll on the revo. The smooth drivers had no parts issues, but the plow boys stayed broken. If you are thinking of jumping into racing for the first time, a well prepped t maxx or TNX would be the better choice for a starter truck unless you enjoy spending lots of time and money on new parts and their replacement.
5. All I heard all weekend from the revo drivers I talked to was how much better their lap times were with the revo versus the truck they had switched from.

Those are the simple facts. If you are offended by opinions, please stop reading now.

Having been around MT racing for the last several years I can tell you the revo is a runaway winner over anything else I've seen yet, but it's not perfect by any means. if you are a thrash and crash kind of driver I doubt you will find happiness with it, but if you can lay it down with your current MT take a long look at the revo. I can almost promise you will be instantly better if you switch to one, it's that good. In just a few short months it came to totally dominate the production class in the toughest test of MT racing in America. Not only do you have to be good to win in the Pro Series, you have to be able to do it over and over again. The new 2004 national champion production class MT is the revo and IMHO that won't be changing any time in the next few years. With the exception of being anvil tough, the revo is everything hard core MT racers have been asking for. Traxxas heard you and did an excellent job of delivering the goods. When you tack on the huge support system from both traxxas and the aftermarket, the choice for a hard core race MT for the privateer becomes a no brainer. If the other companies don't get busy, we might as well rename production MT the revo class.
Old 11-16-2004, 01:10 PM
david77449

You're right, it seems the the flaming has calmed down quite a bit and now the thread is going the way I intended it. I will accept responsibility that I had some part to do with the start of the flame war here in some people's eyes and have already apologized for it. Like I said I was so intent on it not going that way I think I forced the issue too much and only helped fuel the fire. I was wrong there and now realize it.

Now back to the topic I keep a pretty good eye on what the pros are doing myself. I saw Slayden getting his butt whipped a couple of times by the TNX and was wondering why. Those drivers that beat him weren't even seasoned MT racers but rather came from on road racing (where they were quite good I should mention) so I was just amazed Slayden had such a time with them.

Well I've got a lot of good info from you guys here now and appreciate it a lot. I'm out to buy a new MT to race more than anything and yes I am experienced. I've been in the hobby a long time and have been racing a long time but still love to bash now and then. Started with the on road cars a long time ago and have raced them, stadium trucks, buggies, MT's, as well as Pylon Racers (I fly also).

I've now been reading a lot of that thread by the guys up there in MI. I guess it is. Seems the truggies have been having their way there even against the Revo. If the only thing racing in the small block class is the Revo maybe I don't want to go that way. Unlimited is fine with me and what I have always raced anyway. I didn't get to race any this year because of some family problems but I want to get geared up to race the next. Down here I can practice pretty much year round so getting back into form shouldn't be too much of a problem. Since I missed out on all the local action I really don't know what was going on and what the guys here have been running. I really don't think it would be much different than what people are running elsewhere though so I posted my question here.

Anyway thanks for all the good input guys,
David
Old 11-16-2004, 01:18 PM
[email protected]

I would say the REVO is definetly the winner because it's much more advanced and has alot of more features, it also has alot of hop ups!

Tamiya Nitro trucks suck!
they have gone in the total wrong route of building trucks!
Old 11-16-2004, 04:55 PM
Tnx_4_life

dude be quiet. u think they suck doesnt mean they actually do suck.

well i think all these race stats rent really inportant. Evry1 drives different. Slaydan could have just lost because of sleeping marshall, and vice versa. I think revo is the better racer, and tnx the better basher of the 2. Beause of the fact u can adjust mroe on the revo, its more racy like. When bashing, 1 cm or 2 doesnt really matter....but in racing that 1 or 2 cm just might be your tivket to nr. 1.

Tim
Old 11-16-2004, 06:07 PM
david77449

Hey Tim,

Just ignore the guy. I've seen your truck and it looks super to me and heard a lot of good thing about the TNX. If he wants to express his opinion in that way don't let him bait you like I did before in this post!

Later,
David
Old 11-16-2004, 07:39 PM
studysession

Closed as requested.