Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Cen MT2 to stadium truck?

Old 11-14-2004, 06:54 PM
dkf1979

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cen MT2 to stadium truck?

Hey guys. I took my MT2 up to a local track for the first time. I've came to the conclusion I bought the wrong kind of vehicle to race around that track. The ST's and the buggies do so much better with the jumps and turns. What kind of tires would you all recommend for the track? If I put smaller ST truck tires on my Cen MT2, do I have to re-gear it?? If so, what kind gears would I need? I'm wondering if lowering the suspesion would help any. And suggestions you might have would be appreciated!
Old 11-15-2004, 09:11 AM
cenracer1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Cen MT2 to stadium truck?

If you change the tires to pin type you will be able to race on tracks better. The stock or proline mashers that you have are much heavier and taller, hence the truck doesn't handle as well. Look around at your track and you will see most of the trucks use smaller tires. I run proline tires on my cen mt2 for the track and switch to the stock tires for bashing and jumping.... as far as gear changes, you really can't and don't need to change them... acceleration will be faster and top speed may be slightly less, but you won't notice that on a track.