ICrashThings

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: not fair

MT's can run over truggies. So no.[:-]
Old 11-16-2004, 05:53 PM
69 GTO

I dont think it is myself. I really feel like a truggy should have its own class because its a differnt design than a MT. Just because you bolt on a pair of big tires dosent mean it should be in the MT class IMO.
Old 11-16-2004, 06:55 PM
ThermalRD

Well, this same topic has come up at our local race track. Before i answer the question, i'll describe the advantages of a buggy/truggy. These you really need to understand before you tackle the truggy vs MT issue.

1. 3 Differentials. Understand that the front and rear diff on all vehicles control the power bias between the left and right tire at each end. So the center differential controls the power bias from FRONT, to REAR. That right there is a HUGE advantage. To take that away from them, you'd have to put a locker in the center diff.

2. Brake bias. The brakes on your common MT work off one disc, slowing the entire main shaft in the tranny. Equal stopping power to front, and rear. Causing a nose dive. A buggy/truggy has the ability to FADE out the front brake, to keep full steering while under heavy braking. This gives you the ability to shoot deeper into a turn, and faster, and braking later, while maintaining a clean line. No steering loss observed.

3. Center of gravity. On the buggy/truggy all components are ABOVE the chassis. On an MT, all components are split up between the upper, and lower half. Usually the steering linkage is on the lower half, beneath the main chassis.

So, now ask yourself your same question. I've driven a couple truggies, plenty of buggies, and a whole bunch of MT's. The truggy will do everything faster. I still race against them, but i wonder how many MT owners will complain when im running a truggy.
Old 11-16-2004, 06:57 PM
david77449

I don’t know and this is a good topic! It’s kind of hard to keep up with all the rules but I just read this out of RC car action and at the Pro-Line Maxx Challenge it was setup this way. They had a small block class which said only small blocks, no big block 15’s, and low chassis conversions where illegal. In the big block class your truck had to have a 21 or larger medium or big block, converted Maxxes where legal, any low chassis conversions were illegal. In the outlaw class anything goes as long as you ran Maxx size or larger wheels including buggy conversions, low chassis mods, or anything but a stadium truck.

If this where always the case I think it would be fair ands wouldn’t have a problem with it. But I do agree with most of the others so far that putting truggies in a standard MT race should not be allowed. Hell why not just let the buggies in without the conversion in that case.

Seems the rules change from event to event and at non sanctioned event they make up their own rules anyway.

David
Old 11-16-2004, 07:05 PM
Takedown
My Feedback: (23)

whats a truggy?
Old 11-16-2004, 07:14 PM
69 GTO

A truggy is basicly a buggy simular to a 1/8th scale buggy only with MT size tires
Old 11-16-2004, 07:37 PM
studysession

This is one of those topics that no matter how much it gets discussed, they won't change the rules.

It is like saying a TMaxx should not be able to race with other MT's because the other MT's are 1/8 scale and the TMaxx is 1/10 scale. Now Trinity is trying to sell their product as a 1/7.

Go figure.
Old 11-16-2004, 08:07 PM
piccorevo

studysession what do u run and where do you run it cause where i live there is nothing unless u want slow rock crawling.
we have a bmx track that is great but it is getting torn down for a pensioners home.
dont worry if u think it is to far from where i live fife in scotland i am willing to travel the whole of the uk for a weekend of great track days provided that i get a good sleep in my car lol cheers
Old 11-17-2004, 01:24 PM
studysession

I have a Hyper 7 that I have not ran in a long time. I am converting it to electric and when it is done I will run it down in Wakefield. It will be a while because of funds before I can finish though. There are some other tracks around depending how far you want to drive.
Old 11-17-2004, 01:40 PM
binaryterror

Well the problem lies that people are just not competitve enough anymore.

Everyone whines about truggies being better...well do some things to your truck and you'll be close. ThermalRD races a decently stock REVO against everything and does real well, if he had a truggy and got good at it's settings and driving, he'd be harder to beat.

Come on if you have enough people to race then the Maxx and Revo should be in the small block class and not run with the Truggies, since they weigh less. Pretty soon it'll be so classified no one will have any real competition.

The truggies do have advantages, but so do some of the MT's.

Then again, go ahead banish truggies thats just you giving up saying no MT company can compete since the truggy is just that much better.

Go try bashing a truggy it's not as much fun or cheap....truggies are race bred, MT's are bash bred, but they can cross over well.
Old 11-17-2004, 01:46 PM
studysession

See I like bashign with the truggies and buggies better. I like doing really high jumps and with the lower CG it is easier to control in the air. JMO
Old 11-17-2004, 03:22 PM
SNOW

At my local track and some others in the area have a stock monster class meaning stock motors so savage, t-maxx, revo etc run here and there is a modified monster class where they run truggies mammoths modified savages, t-maxx's revo's etc. Seems to work well if you want you can go to wisconsinnitro.com and check out the track under gallery.
Old 11-18-2004, 07:37 AM
tylerE

ORIGINAL: david77449
Hell why not just let the buggies in without the conversion in that case.
David

That is exactly what they do around here[]. Its almost impossible to keep up, but I dont complain its all for fun.
Old 11-18-2004, 08:35 AM
rcblaze

Exactly what he said it's about the competative aspect of things.
Old 11-18-2004, 08:26 PM
ZoomX

Like some have mentioned, there are some advantages the truggy has over the MT and vice versa. Without going into technical details, the most obvious are that the truggy can corner better but the MT can soak up bumps easier while the truggy is bouncing around. Whether its fair or not is very subjective since ROAR has no official rule on MT and its all up to the track you raced. If you think it is unfair, just race somewhere else or get yourself a truggy or a MT that can maximize the system flaw. I have not personally seen or hear any truggy owner saying that its unfair to let the MT race in the same unlimited class (you figure out). Do not get me wrong as I am a owner of truggies and MTs as well and I used them on different tracks. If anyone thinks that just by having a truggy will make them have an edge over the MT, you are very wrong as I have seen MTs beating the crap out of some truggies as well. So in short, I would say get something that suite your driving style and that can possibly maximize the system to your advantage.

My humble 2 cents.