RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Trinity Spyder

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2004, 05:46 PM
Slickastroglide

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trinity Spyder

Soooo....

Anyone have anything to say about these trucks yet? I know one of you has some info to share. Does it seem well built? Hows the speed, handling, jumping? Any issues found yet? Fill us in!
Old 11-18-2004, 01:08 PM
roboots21

Default RE: Trinity Spyder

I just purchased one last Saturday, haven't had a chance to run it yet. I did give it the once over though, and it seems pretty well built. All the components seem strong and look like they won't have a tendency to break. Only downside I found was bump steer. When you compress the front suspension, the front wheels toe in, which is not too big of a deal, but I would rather not have seen this. I am hoping to run it this weekend against my T-Maxx, see how it compared to that. I will be sure to let anyone know. Also, the review in last months R/C Car Action seemed to be a pretty good review of it, so we shall see when we get some real experience with it.
Old 11-18-2004, 05:49 PM
devious1
My Feedback: (15)

lack of adjustability for a racer probable excellent basher
Old 11-18-2004, 10:38 PM
roboots21

I agree, I def bought this truck to bash, if I was gonna race it, I woulda gone with the REVO! But Since no racing, I wanted a big truck so I got the SPYDER. I will post feedback as soon as I run it.
Old 11-20-2004, 10:23 PM
speedyz

I have a Spyder too along with an LST, Revo, T-maxx, Sportmaxx, MGT, Savage SS, Savage 21, I think that the Spyder looks well desinged. It seems to have taken the Savage TVP design into a new level. The Spyder looks a lot stronger than the Savage. I do noticed that the suspension is too firm for a Monster Truck. The steering servo in my opinion is too weak for the big tires. It does need better tires. The 19mm wheel hex will cause difficulty in choosing different wheels. I have not ran this truck yet. I have had it for a little more than a week. I replaced the stock am receiver with a RS300 synthesized FM receiver. I can't wait to see how the Monster Spyder will compare to my LOSI LST.
Old 11-21-2004, 02:13 PM
05mustang

[font="Tahoma"][font="Tahoma"]all this info is from rc car action. they did a review on it.

-price around 500 bucks
-50 mph estimate top speed(their radar gun broke)
-very durable
-good jumping and handling
-strong acceleration
-stable on the street

their likes were:shaft starting, stable @ high speeds, adjustible suspension, 1 piece chamber links, major monster truck features:8 shocks, reverse, 2-speed, big block(.25)

their dislikes were: doesnt accept maxx size wheels, clutch slips under some conditions

other info: savage style vertical plate chassis, only 3 inches between chassis plates, gas tank is romovable to allow access to transmission adjustment, all you need is a 6-cell for starter and radio/receiver batteries, dual fiber disk rotors w/ 3 calipers, covered spur gear, chrome rims, steel drives hafts, 4x4, 1/7 scale, aluminum shocks(oil filled0, ball bearings

thats basicly the article summed up. its in rc car actions newest issue.
Old 11-29-2004, 12:33 PM
bren
My Feedback: (329)

Mine had bump steer also.HAve not ran it yet. Should be priced around $425.00.
Old 11-29-2004, 07:36 PM
devious1
My Feedback: (15)

so what is the news with anyone having these are they a decent truck or no doesnt look like race material but who knows?
Old 11-29-2004, 08:21 PM
tamiya08
My Feedback: (10)

-50 mph estimate top speed(their radar gun broke)
LOL, was it going to fast it broke? howd the manage todo the rest of the tests, must have waited a while to get it fixed.