Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

TNX Modification Thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2004, 07:02 PM
ScMc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: TNX Modification Thread

Is the stock Tamiya filter good or should i switch to a motor savers air filter. If i should switch, which model would work best? Thanks

p.s. provide a link if possible.
Old 11-30-2004, 07:08 PM
tamiya08
My Feedback: (10)

stick with it, its HUGE, its bigger than a 1/8 buggy airfilter.
Old 12-01-2004, 09:41 AM
Tnx_4_life

ye its good, but if u want the best get a motor saver thingy, dunno the part nyumber but its even huger lol, 3 step or something.

@ tamiyakid:

thx, ill have a look at my clutch springs, i guess ill order them straight away, seeing that mny LHS needs 5 weeks to get parts...[>:]
Old 12-01-2004, 12:26 PM
ScMc

Can someone give me a link to a pullstart or a shaft start system (or both) that will work for the os engine. Also, How would a shaft start work? Looks like you'd have to do some pretty intricate weaving through the bumper and stuff to get to the backplate... Thanks
Old 12-01-2004, 02:23 PM
tamiya08

ORIGINAL: ScMc

Can someone give me a link to a pullstart or a shaft start system (or both) that will work for the os engine. Also, How would a shaft start work? Looks like you'd have to do some pretty intricate weaving through the bumper and stuff to get to the backplate... Thanks
yea you trim the bumper, for the roto start, i was going to put a tiger drive in mine, i even had it ordered, but then i mounted a pull start on it.

links
pullstart: http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXGEG6&P=Z
one way: http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXGEH3&P=Z
roto start: http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXERJ0&P=7
Old 12-01-2004, 02:27 PM
tamiya08

ORIGINAL: Tnx_4_life

ye its good, but if u want the best get a motor saver thingy, dunno the part nyumber but its even huger lol, 3 step or something.

@ tamiyakid:

thx, ill have a look at my clutch springs, i guess ill order them straight away, seeing that mny LHS needs 5 weeks to get parts...[>:]
no problem, LHS takes 5 weeks for tamiya parts arent bad, my friend has waited 2 months to get a belt from tamiya and i dont think hes gotten it yet. but its faster on tower. but you gotta remember that these parts are from japan.

chris

with your problem, the clutch springs, is the only way that i can think of, for it moving.
Old 12-02-2004, 10:52 AM
Razoo
My Feedback: (2)

ORIGINAL: tamiyakid08

first that link for parts is GPM racing parts. many people on other forums have nothing had nothing but bad quality parts from there.
Please provide links to these other forums. 3 of us so far have ordered GPM parts for our TNX's and haven't had any problems with their quality. I speak from first hand experience, I've got a feeling you don't[sm=rolleyes.gif].
Old 12-02-2004, 01:15 PM
Tnx_4_life

i heard the shocks arent the best...i HEARD...i dont believe it sraight away, but i havent heard nething positive bout them yet...the alu parts are ok i guess...i think its just a matter of trial and eroor....[&:] u see ppl have different probs with the same stuff and some other dont have them at all...it all depends on the driver, and seeing we are all diff. you should do what u like...
Old 12-02-2004, 02:26 PM
tamiya08

ORIGINAL: Razoo

first that link for parts is GPM racing parts. many people on other forums have nothing had nothing but bad quality parts from there.
Please provide links to these other forums. 3 of us so far have ordered GPM parts for our TNX's and haven't had any problems with their quality. I speak from first hand experience, I've got a feeling you don't[sm=rolleyes.gif].

let see, i was looking a GPM universeals for the tnx, so i started a post on another website,

heres the one i started
http://www.terracrusher.net//index.php?showtopic=2485
Old 12-02-2004, 03:06 PM
Razoo

let see, i was looking a GPM universeals for the tnx, so i started a post on another website,

heres the one i started

2 people replied to that post!!! And neither one of them have first hand knowledge of the product!! Just what I thought, another poster posting something that they don't know anything about. Please refrain from commenting on my threads unless YOU have knowledge and experience on which your commenting.
Old 12-02-2004, 04:40 PM
tamiya08

heres the one i started

2 people replied to that post!!! And neither one of them have first hand knowledge of the product!! Just what I thought, another poster posting something that they don't know anything about. Please refrain from commenting on my threads unless YOU have knowledge and experience on which your commenting.
fine ill start a whole new post on that website asking about what people that have had gpm rate the quality about the quality of the product.
Old 12-02-2004, 07:47 PM
remten2001

GPM[X(] =JUNK
Old 12-02-2004, 07:49 PM
ScMc

Wizen, what mods have you done to your TNX?? I like your videos btw.
Old 12-02-2004, 08:01 PM
tamiya08

ORIGINAL: wizen2002

GPM[X(] =JUNK
thanks for helping there, you sold your tnx right?
Old 12-03-2004, 05:53 AM
Tnx_4_life

heres the one i started

how about me reading on sites where u can rate a product that 9/10 ppl have broke the shafts? that might not be first hanbd knowledge, and i dont thijnk im gonna try and get that either, most ppl say they suck, just what i read and hear.

Tim ( tnx on other forum)
Old 12-03-2004, 07:36 AM
remten2001

Wizen, what mods have you done to your TNX?? I like your videos btw.
thanks..I had 3 mods on my tnx..traxxas big bore shocks and an ofna .15 ribbed pipe..oh and a kimbrough 124 servo saver...

thanks for helping there, you sold your tnx right?
Yup I sold my tnx and i will be out of the hobby for a while..
Old 12-03-2004, 08:46 AM
Razoo

heres the one i started

how about me reading on sites where u can rate a product that 9/10 ppl have broke the shafts? that might not be first hanbd knowledge, and i dont thijnk im gonna try and get that either, most ppl say they suck, just what i read and hear.

You seem to be missing the point. If you don't want to deal with GPM then don't. I and 2 of my friends have BOUGHT GPM stuff for our TNX's and haven't had any problems with them. You can read on "all these other forums" all you want to but all I know is I like their products. As far as Wizen goes, he didn't even know what plug to use on the TNX on the Terra Crusher central forum so follow his advice at your own discretion. Follow this link:
http://tcc.planetrocke.com/forums/in...0500e7a0979fc4
The GPM parts that I have are made out of T-6061 aluminum alloy which is an aircraft grade and its the same alloy that just about everyone else uses. I really don't care if anyone else buys any GPM stuff or not and for the life of me can't understand why you keep knocking their stuff when you don't have any!!
Old 12-03-2004, 09:58 AM
remten2001

As far as Wizen goes, he didn't even know what plug to use on the TNX on the Terra Crusher central forum so follow his advice at your own discretion. Follow this link:
YOu didn't write that right...I knew what plug to use i was confused about the os 8 plug being a long plug...I already was using A3 plugs.I apologized to you and now you bring this stuff back ?***...GPM is junk and i will say it again I owned gpm products in the pass and they use some cheap powder coat on there aluminum makes it look real cheap to me...All there universals for the tnx or terra crusher breaks very easily...There tune pipe are crap too....
Old 12-03-2004, 11:26 AM
Razoo

So your beef is with what it looks like? The parts YOU bought had a dull finish so they were "junk"? The parts for the TNX that I have are polished but more importantly to me they are strong and don't break. The more you comment, the less you apparently know what your talking about!
Old 12-03-2004, 12:24 PM
remten2001

watever man if thats how you really want to think about me thats your choice.
Old 12-03-2004, 02:29 PM
tamiya08

heres the one i started

You seem to be missing the point. If you don't want to deal with GPM then don't. I and 2 of my friends have BOUGHT GPM stuff for our TNX's and haven't had any problems with them. You can read on "all these other forums" all you want to but all I know is I like their products. As far as Wizen goes, he didn't even know what plug to use on the TNX on the Terra Crusher central forum so follow his advice at your own discretion. Follow this link:
The GPM parts that I have are made out of T-6061 aluminum alloy which is an aircraft grade and its the same alloy that just about everyone else uses. I really don't care if anyone else buys any GPM stuff or not and for the life of me can't understand why you keep knocking their stuff when you don't have any!!

you also are missing my point, i said OTHER PEOPLE SAID THEY DONT,(NOT ME) like the quality of the company,so thats why i dont bother with the comapny. just because its made out of T-6061 aluminum alloy, doesnt mean its good quality. so what about if wizen didnt know what plug to use. whats that have todo with quality of parts!!!!!. i was simply making a statement about that other people had said.
Old 12-03-2004, 06:12 PM
Tnx_4_life

If you don't want to deal with GPM then don't.
i dont. period.

and i think u didnt read my post correctly...i was talking about those shafts...i never heard nething good or bad about the rest of their products.

chill out, i dont want to degrade it...i went to rcx site, and it might be me...but the prices are pretty high...the skidplate alone is 20 bux, and on another site, i can get a bumper and skidplate from racers edge for 10 bux...maybe racers edge sux...never heard nething bad about it.

@ Raz

i was only trying to say that the shafts suck. the other products might be very very good. i only tryed to contribute to this forum [sm=disappointed.gif]

Peace Tim
Old 12-04-2004, 06:37 AM
ScMc

I will soon have a 645mg Hitec servo. I got the one that has a "J" connector. This means the servo will connect into the receiver with a futaba plug. (I also will have a futaba receiver and all my radio gear will be futaba besides the servos)

I was wondering if this servo will also be able to use the stock servo horn that is meant for the futaba servos. If not, can I buy a servo horn adapter or something? Thanks.

P.S. This message is mostly for Tim as I know for sure he has one of these servos on his TNX.

Thanks, ScMc.
Old 12-04-2004, 09:09 AM
Razoo

Tim-
No problem, I use the stock shafts on my TNX and haven't had any experience with the GPM shafts but your experience with them is good to know. I just will never understand why some people on this forum comment about products they know nothing about or haven't had first hand experience with. Like I said, I have had great luck with GPM parts and have no problem recommending them. I raced my TNX every weekend at our local off road track during the summer and fall and they held up great, but I do value YOUR opinion and will stay away from the shafts.
Old 12-04-2004, 09:33 AM
Tnx_4_life

ye, dont touch them, i havent tryed them, and never will. loads of pppl tryed them, but they twist, and the 2 litte rods sticking out at the end just wear of to fast. Which other parts do u have from GPM?

@ ScMc

if u get a kin. 124 servo saver, it comes with 3 different servo horn adapters just use the 1 with a H on it. its the hitec 1(doh) it works great

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.