Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

Thanks for all the advice guys! Just bought a HPI Savage .25 RTR!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Thanks for all the advice guys! Just bought a HPI Savage .25 RTR!

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2004, 01:49 PM
Naim.F.C

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thanks for all the advice guys! Just bought a HPI Savage .25 RTR!

Hey guys!!

Add me to the grwoing list of Nitro truck users because I just bought my first Nitro truck!!
I decided that in the end...I wanted something I could bash around the most...and didnt need too much speed because I'd either break it and never take it to a track.
I got the RTR version because I honestly coudnt be arsed with any other....Im to lazy and dont have enough time! lol...

I got a 15% discount (my mate works at the local store) and got a mirage starter kit, 2 litres of Tornade 20% fuel, and a 24 pack of batteries all chucked in free of charge!
Paid £370 for the lot and got a 3 years parts and labour warranty. I thought all of that was worth the extra £30 over buying it off the net. The package they sold me was going for £480 on the tag. So I didnt do too badly actually

Anyway...

I wanna get this badboy up and running....so I have to tune it now...
Do i just straight follow the instructions on the dvd? Or are there any tips you lot can offer that can help increase the overall performance of my ride?

Anyways, thanks for all the help guys...
I'm almost there....WooHooo!!!
Old 11-30-2004, 02:14 PM
Frost_
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Thanks for all the advice guys! Just bought a HPI Savage .25 RTR!

Follow the instructions for breakin.... breakin can be a pain but it is neccessary and when done properly leads to nice long engine life.

Tuning comes a bit later for the most part.

I love my Savage, you will NEVER regret buying it.
Old 12-01-2004, 08:01 AM
Naim.F.C

Just one question....
about the gear tuning....
It says that depending on terrain you should re tune the gears?

Problem is around my area is very varied...I have smooth concrete flats, followed by smooth concrete hills, bumpy concrete hills, woods, forestry etc
So each time I go to a different terrain....does that mean I have to re-tune? [&:]
Old 12-01-2004, 10:53 AM
RedBullSSG

No, just what best suits what you are driving on. Once you have found the right gearing for optimal performance, just leave it, that is if you just a basher. Racing is more what they are referring to...
Old 12-02-2004, 12:19 PM
Ybenjulkay2x

Also, take good care of that engine, get a bottle of after run oil, give engine at least a few drop, removed the glow plug and make few drop at the plug hole, also removed the air filter make same drops to lube the engine carb and crank. Also, don't force the engine by using the roto start if it hydralock, remove the glow plugs and used the rotostart to removes gas build up in the engine. Installed the plug, but not tight, before you start the engine. Rev the engine a few sec. then tighten the plug. If you force it when engine hydralock, it might damage your rotostart (gear assembly cost like a new rotostart, I just change mine the whole thing instead of buying the parts), and the one way bearing inside your engine back plate. I have the raptor with the s-25 engine in it and my dauther have the savage rtr s-25.
Old 12-02-2004, 12:48 PM
AJ DRAGON

If your truck dose not already have it get the HPI 4 bevel gear upgrade for the differentials. It is well worth the money, and your differentials will last a lot longer.
Old 12-02-2004, 01:05 PM
Ybenjulkay2x

Thanks, but not for now, my daugther is only 9yr old and she doesn't use it much after i break in the engine. I used raptor from prp, and also used onroad 10th and 8th scale.
Old 12-03-2004, 09:19 PM
silverman1

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nami, they might be talking about the optional clutchbell that came with your truck, when you are speaking about the gearing. Or you might be refering to the tuning of the carberator for different terraign, hill climbing versus flat out speed runs on level flats etc. I would reccomend a temp guage to assist you with this. I know your engine manual shows you certain temp ranges to run your engine at doing certain types of things racing, hill climbing etc. I would follow it.