Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Picco Outlaw carb restrictor

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2004, 02:42 PM
BigGrump

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Picco Outlaw carb restrictor

I have a Picco .26 Outlaw engine in my Associated MGT. Works great. All the power I would ever need, however, I just discovered the carb has a very nice venture restrictor. It is made on aluminum and has two o rings for sealing. A simple twist and a pull and it is out. Wow, when the aluminum restrictor is out, the carb venturi is huge.

My question is; Is there any good reason to take the restrictor out and retune. Will there be any improvment in the runing of the engine?

In my rc10 GT, I pulled the restrictor and gained some performance. My RB S7II in my Ofna Hyper 7 has the restrictor removed and runs like a raped ape.

So...... before I pull it and wreck something, would like to hear from someone who knows the adviseability or who has actually tried it.

Even though I said the Picco has enough power, unfortuniantly, I am the kind of person who thinks excess is just barely enough... LOL...

Thanks in advance,

Dennis
Old 11-30-2004, 02:47 PM
tamiya08
My Feedback: (10)

Default RE: Picco Outlaw carb restrictor

actually if you every look at RCCA horespower tips theres one were is says remove air restrictors to free up horsepower

ORIGINAL: BigGrump

I have a Picco .26 Outlaw engine in my Associated MGT. Works great. All the power I would ever need, however, I just discovered the carb has a very nice venture restrictor. It is made on aluminum and has two o rings for sealing. A simple twist and a pull and it is out. Wow, when the aluminum restrictor is out, the carb venturi is huge.

My question is; Is there any good reason to take the restrictor out and retune. Will there be any improvment in the runing of the engine?

In my rc10 GT, I pulled the restrictor and gained some performance. My RB S7II in my Ofna Hyper 7 has the restrictor removed and runs like a raped ape.

So...... before I pull it and wreck something, would like to hear from someone who knows the adviseability or who has actually tried it.

Even though I said the Picco has enough power, unfortuniantly, I am the kind of person who thinks excess is just barely enough... LOL...

Thanks in advance,

Dennis
Old 11-30-2004, 07:02 PM
AJ DRAGON

Actually that is not a carb restrictor. That particular part reinforces the top of the carb. If you look in side the carb you will see a lip that this piece sits on, and that the hole is the same size as the hole in this particular part. If any thing, taking this part out would only weaken the carb.
Old 11-30-2004, 07:07 PM
tamiya08
My Feedback: (10)

hmm, interesting, learn something new every day, i thought it was a restrictor, guess i need to pay more attention to the pics.