TNX vs LOSI LST

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2004, 09:58 PM
KaliFormuLA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: TNX vs LOSI LST

ORIGINAL: tamiyakid08

ORIGINAL: LOSILST

HI, GO WITH THE LOSI LST. THE TAMIYA IS A JUNK AND NO COMPARRISION TO THE LOSI. THE TAMIYA HAS JUNK SHOCKS, AND ARE NON ADJUSTABLE, AND THEY BREAK. THE TNX ALSO HAS SOME JUNK OS SMALLBLOCK. THE LOSI IS A BIG BLOCK WITH SHOCKS THE SIZE OF CANNONS. I HAVE BEEN RACING FOR 7 YEARS AND HAVE MANY MT'S LOSI IS BY FAR THE BEST RACE TRUCK OUT THERE.
ORIGINAL: Ramirez24

I have narrowed my next truck down to these two ? Any feedback on either one would be appreciated. Have concerns on LST because of back orders on parts if needed and bugs still being worked out on this NEW Truck. As far as TNX, I have not seen too much negative feedback, so I am leaning toward the TNX. Other than the shocks on the TNX, is there any other weak points about this truck. How is the radio that comes with the TNX, would I need to upgrade ?
lol tamiya, junk, i dont think so.

lets think back at what each truck comes stock with, hmmm the tnx comes stock with ADJUSTABLE shocks, just not treaded, if you want it threaded, the LST doesnt come with threaded bodies either. junk , OS small block??? hell no. that thing could keep up with a stock LST. HAVE YOU EVEN HAD A TNX??????? im guessing not
of course the LST comes with threaded shocks... you just have to race for 7 years then losi will deliver them to you in a golden box sprinkled with pixy dust. i'm looking at my buddy's LTS right now and i guess he hasn't been racing that long cause his sure ain't threaded. when my friend fixes is broken needle we're gunna drag in front of the pad and i'll tell you who wins cause stock i've owned him [>:]
Old 12-13-2004, 10:05 PM
tamiya08
My Feedback: (10)

^^^^^^^^^^^^ lol

make a video if you can i gotta see this
Old 12-13-2004, 10:13 PM
KaliFormuLA

ORIGINAL: tamiyakid08

^^^^^^^^^^^^ lol

make a video if you can i gotta see this
he's got a wasp .26 in that puppy. so if i win i'm gunna dedicated a website just to that race LOL.
Old 12-13-2004, 10:26 PM
Frost_
My Feedback: (1)

One of you TNX guys needs to go get the New Era 21 conversion and run something sweet like one of the 27s or 28s with some gearing tall enough to keep the from from flipping at a roll or faster... imagine the acceleration, the top end.... wow. Will those wheel adapters at Sav-central let you run the pro-line 40 series wheels and tires? I think so...
Old 12-13-2004, 10:56 PM
ScMc

Yah, In my opinion the stock OS engine is pretty killer. Any extra power would be unnecesary, but of course FUN AS HELL! What os .18 engines will fit into the tnx? Will a version of the tz or the tm fit in this truck? Are the crankshaft styles the same? Thanks a lot for any info guys.
Old 12-14-2004, 05:19 PM
KaliFormuLA

ORIGINAL: ScMc

Yah, In my opinion the stock OS engine is pretty killer. Any extra power would be unnecesary, but of course FUN AS HELL! What os .18 engines will fit into the tnx? Will a version of the tz or the tm fit in this truck? Are the crankshaft styles the same? Thanks a lot for any info guys.
the OS 18 cvrx with 11g slide carb will fit. if i'm not mistaken the tm is for a tmaxx and the crankshaft is shorter. is the tz out already? i've seen a site with it for sale but OS doesn't have it on there site.
Old 12-14-2004, 05:31 PM
tamiya08

yes the tz is out, check tower, theres the regualar version and a turbo verision, i have not recorded anything to be different except the crankshaft.
Old 12-15-2004, 12:44 AM
LSTGUY

ORIGINAL: LOSILST

HI, GO WITH THE LOSI LST. THE TAMIYA IS A JUNK AND NO COMPARRISION TO THE LOSI. THE TAMIYA HAS JUNK SHOCKS, AND ARE NON ADJUSTABLE, AND THEY BREAK. THE TNX ALSO HAS SOME JUNK OS SMALLBLOCK. THE LOSI IS A BIG BLOCK WITH SHOCKS THE SIZE OF CANNONS. I HAVE BEEN RACING FOR 7 YEARS AND HAVE MANY MT'S LOSI IS BY FAR THE BEST RACE TRUCK OUT THERE.

What the........ no wonder you Tamiya guys get mad at us. He did get some stuff right though. The LST does have a big block and big shocks that work very well, and the TNX shocks are bunk, but that all he's got. The best race truck depends on the driver.........imo

Oh ya... LOSILST..... QUIT YELLING!!!! lol
Old 12-15-2004, 01:28 AM
KaliFormuLA

The best race truck depends on the driver.........imo
true that... but if a monkey controlling a TNX was racing a monkey controlling a LST, i'd put my money on the TNX monkey.
Old 12-15-2004, 01:41 AM
trible10
My Feedback: (6)

Hey Guys,
The aluminum stock clutch shoes finally went out on me about a week ago and since I had a spare Force .26 engine laying around that I used in one of my buggies, I decided to go big block in my TNX..........one word....WOW!!!!!! I'm using a 15T bell with a 46T Kyosho spur gear that I modified to fit the tranny (15 min mod). I'm using the stock chassis and I moved the tranny forward almost an inch, and moved the steering servo over so the brake disc doesn't hit it. I also made some body mount post so I could put a SUV body on it. Here are a few pics.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	If10619.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	58.2 KB
ID:	203161   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ok29232.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	64.8 KB
ID:	203162   Click image for larger version

Name:	Di99817.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	34.4 KB
ID:	203163   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rl25768.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	69.6 KB
ID:	203164  
Old 12-15-2004, 01:50 AM
KaliFormuLA

ORIGINAL: trible10

Hey Guys,
The aluminum stock clutch shoes finally went out on me about a week ago and since I had a spare Force .26 engine laying around that I used in one of my buggies, I decided to go big block in my TNX..........one word....WOW!!!!!! I'm using a 15T bell with a 46T Kyosho spur gear that I modified to fit the tranny (15 min mod). I'm using the stock chassis and I moved the tranny forward almost an inch, and moved the steering servo over so the brake disc doesn't hit it. I'm not sure how to post pics, but I have them online here: [link=http://http://www.rcpics.net/member/Trible101]Trible10's TNX .26[/link]
i can't see the link... mail me some pics, sounds sweet! [email protected]
Old 12-15-2004, 01:58 AM
trible10

I edited my post and posted the pics instead.
Old 12-15-2004, 02:30 AM
KaliFormuLA

how has it been performing? is it all squirrelly with the stock shocks and tires? are you really running it with the body that high?
Old 12-15-2004, 09:20 AM
ScMc

Get some wheels, tires, and a nice body and you'll be all set! I Bet it's fast as hell...
Old 12-15-2004, 11:01 AM
IslandSavage

Im leaning towards the TNX, but lack of support does put a damper on it. How will it take to a XTM24.7 PRO mil in it?
Old 12-15-2004, 12:10 PM
ScMc

How will it take to a XTM24.7 PRO mil in it?
How are we supposed to answer this? I dont even see a question there, be more specific. I s'pose it will "take" it fine...
Old 12-15-2004, 12:21 PM
IslandSavage

Sorry bout that..lol..lol... I was just curious to how my XTM 24.7 PRO will perform in a TNX? I hear great things about the mil it comes with, but i have a XTM PRO mil sitting doing nothing so im gonna throw it in my next MT. Imma go check my LHS to see how much they can get a TNX for me. Whats a good price?
Old 12-15-2004, 12:40 PM
trible10

KaliFormuLA - I have it set rich for now, but it does still handle well, even with the stock shocks and tires. I put 35W oil all around with a med size damper on all 4 rear shock springs. No I don't run it with the body that high. I was just showing the body post that I made so I could put a SUV body on it.

ScMc - I have some Velocity dish wheels / Bowtie tires comming my way in a few days. I have several bodies for it now; stock body, 4dr Ford truck, Chevy Suburan (basher body), Chevy Silverado. For the pic, the stock body was the closest to me at the time.

It sucks that Tamiya doesn't have any other parts besides the stock parts for it. I know Traxxas and HPI have several optional hop ups for the Tmaxx and Savage trucks. I like driving my TNX alot better than my Maxx for the simple reason that I've sunk so much money into my Maxx because of broken parts here and there....even though they were only $5 or $10 parts, they add up. I've bashed my TNX even harder and the only thing I've broke was one of the rear hubs ($7 for a set). Like someone said earlier; [link=http://www.neweramodels.com/prod66_tamiya_tnx.htm?session_id=nimrrxceoxfljdaow aoslpierdiityrx]New Era Models[/link] has a few upgrades for the TNX, I'm thinking about getting the A arms since it offers more shock locations and when I'm done doing some serious testing with this .26 mod, I'm going to get the new era 21 conversion chassis.
Old 12-15-2004, 02:06 PM
IslandSavage

I think theres gonna be a TNX for me soon..I hope its as durable and headache free as my SAVAGE.....lol..lol...Of course imma get the NEWERA big block conversion for it...lol..lol
Old 12-15-2004, 02:27 PM
trible10

I've heard that chassis is indestructable w/no flex. I know towerhobbies.com dropped their TNX price to $369 for the holidays!
Old 12-15-2004, 02:29 PM
tamiya08

SOME people have had chassis FLEX, not many, i am one that hasnt. been throught 2 gallons and a quart and still on the original spur gear.
Old 12-15-2004, 02:33 PM
trible10

I'll get one soon.
Old 12-15-2004, 02:41 PM
tamiya08

ooo my bad, i thought you were talking about the original chassis, the new era chassis tho is very good, no flex like you said, it it only adds a couple ounces to the tnx keeping the truck still very light, you can move the gearbox and engine foward to distribute weight better.
Old 12-15-2004, 04:59 PM
IslandSavage

I just came back from my LHS and heard mixed reveiws about it. They dont caryy it at all but can order me one for only 365. They said the lack of demand and parts support is too low for them to carry them. 1 person asked me if i ever seen 1 at the track. I said no and he said thats why.. The trackf here are flooded with Revo's,T-Maxx,Savages and a few MGT. They suggested me getting a MGT and throwing my big block in there. They said is reliable,tough, and easy to work on. I kinda would like to break the norm and have a truck no else has. I read some articles and reviews and it was all good about the TNX. I trust my LHS, but hmmmmmmmm.....
Old 12-15-2004, 05:16 PM
ScMc

Its your choice, I say go with the TNX though! You really can't go wrong... It's a great truck.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.