Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Revo Savage .25

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2004, 11:01 AM
Tmaxx2308

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Revo Savage .25

Went to the LHS shop today and they only carried Traxxas and Savage so I drove a Revo, and a Savage .25, T-Maxx 2.5, and the Savage SS. The revo was the fastest by far, It had to been goin 45+, it also had the best acceleration and would do wheelies all day long, it would go over anything and everything. It seemed to have the best torque. The tmaxx was close behind as far as speed goes but didnt have the torque. The .25 wasnt as fast but had good acceleration and torque. climbed well also. the SS seemed the same just a touch bit faster everywhere. Now the Dilema starts, I can get them all for about the same price but im split. I was trying to decide between the Revo, and the .25 (dont have the patience right now to build one for my first nitro). I plan on Using it for high speed stuff, Rocks, climbing, mud, snow, jumping, and just bashing. I was sorta leaning toward the Revo because its suspension was amazing but was this just a lucky revo from the factory or is it usually the other way around, the savage being the better basher.
Old 12-13-2004, 01:41 PM
ScMc

Default RE: Revo Savage .25

Sounds like the hobby shop new what they were doing when they tuned the revo... Most people can't get them to wheelie. For your first truck I'd say savage.
Old 12-13-2004, 01:54 PM
binaryterror

The Savage is more at home with what you want really...add the 4 gear spider mod and the dual brake kit and it'll be solid for a long time.

The Revo/Tmaxx engines are more finicky, some seem to work good, others just seem to always run way too hot.
Old 12-13-2004, 02:34 PM
ScMc

yep, as binary stated, the traxxas engines aren't very reliable
Old 12-13-2004, 03:06 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie
My Feedback: (3)

ORIGINAL: Tmaxx2308

Went to the LHS shop today and they only carried Traxxas and Savage so I drove a Revo, and a Savage .25, T-Maxx 2.5, and the Savage SS. The revo was the fastest by far, It had to been goin 45+, it also had the best acceleration and would do wheelies all day long, it would go over anything and everything. It seemed to have the best torque. The tmaxx was close behind as far as speed goes but didnt have the torque. The .25 wasnt as fast but had good acceleration and torque. climbed well also. the SS seemed the same just a touch bit faster everywhere. Now the Dilema starts, I can get them all for about the same price but im split. I was trying to decide between the Revo, and the .25 (dont have the patience right now to build one for my first nitro). I plan on Using it for high speed stuff, Rocks, climbing, mud, snow, jumping, and just bashing. I was sorta leaning toward the Revo because its suspension was amazing but was this just a lucky revo from the factory or is it usually the other way around, the savage being the better basher.
what shop did you go to? only one in that area I know of that actually has DEMO vehicles.
Old 12-13-2004, 05:29 PM
frozen

To be honest, I own a Revo and the 2.5R is crap. I'm on my second one and its starting to screw up on me too. Get the Savage.
Old 12-14-2004, 09:14 PM
IslandSavage

i was thinking og getting a REVO myself.. I have a XTM24.7 PRO i wanna throw in it. Is that possible? do they have a big block conversion for it? Where? Either that or rebuild my savage.been havin probs with it. not sure i wanna re-invest money in it. Been a real disappointment for me...
Old 12-15-2004, 09:54 PM
mr-rccrazy

I have a savage myself, and am on my second savage (savage ss). I used to have the savage 25 rtr, but sold it for some reason, then a year later i feel like i want a savage again... lol, typical me. Anyways, the savage is a really strong truck, it handles ok and has a good power to weight ratio. The savage suspension is really nice, not very adjustable, but it works great!!! I can hold the savage 6' off the ground and the suspension easily soaks it up, seems like it is bottomless!
Old 12-15-2004, 10:26 PM
Frost_
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: IslandSavage

do they have a big block conversion for it? Where?
http://www.neweramodels.com
Old 12-16-2004, 08:18 AM
JNS

if your going to go Revo - Savage, if you ever want to race it, best idea is to get a Revo, and a O.S. 18 TM, as for just takin it out to bash get the savage, the 25 engine is descent all around but in no way exceptional and the 2.5(R) is known for being unruley, doesnt hold a tune and can go to a fast grave even under perfect care and some others from the traxxas plant come out, work great and never let up its in the luck of the draw i guess