Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

Losi LST or HB Lightning Stadium Pro?

Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Losi LST or HB Lightning Stadium Pro?

Old 12-13-2004, 04:31 PM
Eracer76

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Losi LST or HB Lightning Stadium Pro?

I know, I know, another this or that thread but Id love to hear some of your thoughts on which truck to get.

Im looking to get a second truck but I cant decide between the LST or the LSP though. I want to race with it and still do some bashing around.

Right now I have a Picco P3 Savage with many mods done to it. Its bullet proof now and the truck is unbreakable, Ive ran 3 gallons through the new Picco and Im still on my stock arms!
The thing is, lately Ive been bitten by the race track bug and the Savage doesnt do so well on the track without some more mods, like lower center gravity chassis plates and so on. Id rather keep this truck as an all a round basher and get a second truck for some racing here and there, but still bash with it.
So......

The LSP is looking quite cool, but there is hardly any info on it being its new I guess? I cant seem to find it anywhere, so Id probably have to order it, then I might have a problem getting parts too?
I just read the article in RC Driver about the LSP and it looks to be great truck on the track, but does anyone know if it will take some abuse off the track while doing some bashing?
Is the engine any good in the LSP? It also doesnt have a trans let alone a 2 speed, I wonder how good that would be for the straight-a-ways? I would also be getting another cheap RTR radio with this truck, unlike the LST.

I know the LST has been out for a little while now and the aftermarket is there for it. My LHS has this truck also so Im assuming they carry the replacement parts for it as well, I'll have to check into that though.

I know the LST is a good truck and the engine is good also, not to mention it comes with the kick ass JR XS3 radio!
I guess I just need to pick one and be done with it.

Thanks for any info and help!
Old 12-13-2004, 04:42 PM
binaryterror

Default RE: Losi LST or HB Lightning Stadium Pro?

If you ever want to do bashing...then the Lightning Stadium Pro will not be the best choice, it is a pure born race truck.
Old 12-13-2004, 06:35 PM
Eracer76

Well, when I get this second truck it will not get beat to death. My Savage will do all that, besides, my idea of bashing is just going to my local construction site and doing some, hill climbing, rock pile jumping and so on. I also go to a bmx track sometimes and get some real big air though.

Im sure the LSP can handle most of this, couldnt it?
I just dont know about the engine, or the radio system quality for the same price as the LST.

I guess I'll just lean towards the LST though, for the raceablity, yet still has good ground clearance for off roading, reverse, 2 speeds and a real nice JR radio!
Old 12-13-2004, 06:59 PM
fhm101

The Losi big truck for racing??? If you plan to race at all the HB truck is the only choice of the two you mentioned. The LST is suffering some real problems with the durability of several components. In fairness they are being addressed as quickly as can be, but they remain problems on the already released trucks nonetheless. The only real problem with the HB trucks is lack of them. The RR version is available, but the pro version gets gobbled up as quick as it hits the shelves. The people that are grabbing them up are the hardcore racers. A local guy has one and all he's done to it was install a better steering servo. He will tell you the engine is a bit weak, but it has not stopped him from winning a lot of local races with it. He said when the original engine goes he's going to replace it with an OFNA picco .26 he had left over from a supermaxx truck he recently parted out.
Old 12-13-2004, 07:27 PM
LST-UK

The is no major problems with the LST....dont know where all this bull comes from...

I would also like to get the LSP as my dominator has felt dated the day this was released. If i had no trucks these also would be the two trucks i'd look at. I think if you will use your savage for bashing and the new truck just for racing get the LSP but if you feel you would like something new to race and bash get the LST....
Old 12-13-2004, 08:16 PM
Eracer76

Well.....I just bought the LST off of ebay 10 min ago. Im sure it will be just fine for me. Besides, its not that much bigger then the LSP which is a 1/8 scale truck with a 14.5" wheelbase, same as the LST.

I know I will love the new JR radio, being Ive never owned anything but RTR radios Now I can buy just the Rx for the Savage and use the same JR radio for both trucks too.

Ive seen alot of the posts about the LST's problems and too me, they are NOT that big of a deal, no worse then the diffs, 2 speed mod, steering, and brakes I had to upgrade on the Savage just to drive it IMO!

I know right off the bat I will get the aluminum diff cases and new clutch shoes and go from there.
I already have some Pro-Line 40 series wheels and tires being shipped that I can use on both trucks too! I cant wait to get now

Thanks to those who add your 2 cents!
Old 12-13-2004, 08:27 PM
Texdav

That HB stadium seems certainly to bein a class by itself for a production unlimited racing. I really wander what the Mugen conversion coming out is goignt o be like. I understand that it is a Kawahari(spelling)/mugen project . If it has the diff ratios for Mt and the long arms without crummy adapters like the HB it should be sweet. We shall see.
Old 12-14-2004, 02:43 AM
fhm101

ORIGINAL: LST-UK

The is no major problems with the LST....dont know where all this bull comes from...
From the people that have them. At least the first and second releases here in the US.
Old 12-14-2004, 09:14 AM
binaryterror

Actually a good racer at my Local track runs an LST and a Stadium Pro. He was good with the LST, but his times increased alot using the LSP Pro model.

The LST is a decent racer, IF you can keep it running the entire races. Another good guy at our track has one and every race breaks something, no biggie, but it always happens in the Mains when it becomes a big deal.
Old 12-14-2004, 06:55 PM
viper463

I would like to say that this is a Apples and Oranges thread. The Losi LST is a monster truck in every sence on the word. The Hot Bodies is a truggy they are not in the same class. I'm not saying one is better or worse just pointing out that one would be in the unlimited class. Thats to say in stock form. I'm more of a truggy guy myself but I am thinking about a MT just for something to piss off the nieghbors dog with. However I could just use my truggy for that and be done with it. Just my thoughts on the subject.
Old 12-14-2004, 09:20 PM
LST-UK

Yea get the alloy diff cases, some new clutch springs and take the washer out (see sticky on top of Losi forum). Then your be good to go..

enjoy....

ORIGINAL: RamSavage

Well.....I just bought the LST off of ebay 10 min ago. Im sure it will be just fine for me. Besides, its not that much bigger then the LSP which is a 1/8 scale truck with a 14.5" wheelbase, same as the LST.

I know I will love the new JR radio, being Ive never owned anything but RTR radios Now I can buy just the Rx for the Savage and use the same JR radio for both trucks too.

Ive seen alot of the posts about the LST's problems and too me, they are NOT that big of a deal, no worse then the diffs, 2 speed mod, steering, and brakes I had to upgrade on the Savage just to drive it IMO!

I know right off the bat I will get the aluminum diff cases and new clutch shoes and go from there.
I already have some Pro-Line 40 series wheels and tires being shipped that I can use on both trucks too! I cant wait to get now

Thanks to those who add your 2 cents!
Old 12-15-2004, 01:06 AM
LSTGUY

You'll have fun with it... It really is an awesome truck.