RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

TNX vs. Savage

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2006, 04:05 AM
duckedup

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: TNX vs. Savage

ORIGINAL: trucka surus

fast crash you are rong rong rong rong rong aboutm the tnx they are the best posoble truck that you could buy espeshaly for smashing and crashing
ummm.... wat he sed[sm=confused.gif] ....

huked on fonicks werked fur me! ..... (sorry, I had to)
Old 07-14-2006, 12:26 AM
motocrosser74

Is the tnx really that good? how does it match up to the lst2?
Old 07-26-2006, 06:39 PM
xilix

A Savage outhandle a TNX/TC? Come on guys. I've owned a Savage and I still own a Terra Crusher. I sold the Savage. The TC/TNX is simply a better handling truck. That's mainly why I kept it (among other reasons). And as far as durability goes, I'd say they're about even.

Honestly, they're both AWESOME trucks, but the TNX/TC DOES handle better. It's all a matter of what you want. If you want a stock chassis capable of holding a big block, get the Savage. If you want a better handling truck, get the TNX, and if you want more power, you can just go with a O.S.18 TZ Turbo and it WILL hang with pretty much ANYTHING out there. The TNX and TC have just as much aftermarket support as most of the more popular MT's, with MANY aluminum parts available. It's just a matter of what you personally like better. People who let themselves be pressured into buying something because of biased information need to do their own research. Find a friend or someone who owns either truck and try it out, find what suits YOU more. One of my friends will not run anything but a Savage, but I'm the same way about my Terra Crusher. We swear by both, but in reality they're both about equal in most areas, with one being better than the other in certain areas.
Old 04-04-2007, 05:01 AM
gavtosh

Well having owned both trucks i would say right now hands down the TNX 5.2R. The savage whilst being a better basher (takes serious jumps with little effect) is a pain to work on, eats up spur gears and so far (for me) has not been an enjoyable time. The TNX though is easy to work with, drives like nothing else BUT so far i'm on my second shock tower and second front diff....so not as tough as the adverts say.
Old 04-04-2007, 07:45 AM
Tbizz

You dug this up from a looong time ago.

You busted a shock tower [X(] I'm impressed!
Old 11-07-2007, 07:09 AM
trible10
My Feedback: (6)

Well I"m glad he brought this one back from waaaaaaay back! Now that both HPI and Tamiya have come out with "new" trucks... the 5.2R TNX and the 4.6 Savage....I own both trucks, I have a TNX with a Wasp 26 and 4 Savages with engines varying from the HPI 21 to the Axial 28. I enjoy both trucks equally. There is a bmx track that we go to here and my Savages are more at home there. Even though most of my Savage trucks are heavier than my TNX....they fly on that track and I (for some strange reason), haven't broke anything on the Savages; even with the 3-4ft jumps and taller tabletop jumps.....however, the TNX is a different story. I've broken A-arms, bulkheads, and shock towers....just to name a few. On the other hand...if I'm on a smaller track and I use tires other than the sorry spongy/soft stock tires on the TNX (the ones on the 5.2R are much better), I enjoy driving the TNX better. My LHS (most LHS are the same way) has way more replacement parts for my Savage than the TNX....and those are the parts that I need the most...I read the comments left a year (or 2) ago from a fellow Savage owner who said he had tons of replacement parts, but have yet to use them! He's comment is totally true. Now comparing stock to stock...I enjoy the Savage a lot more.
Old 11-09-2007, 12:26 AM
cheiro

After reading all the comments I'm amazed how few Savage X SS 4.6 owners there are.

If you do get a SAVAGE get a new one like a X SS 4.6, none of the problems these guys with the .21 .25 are having.
Old 11-09-2007, 06:44 AM
ttoks

after seeing the assortment of vhericles i bash and race with, the savage 4.6 SS there is the MT strongest there, there isnt a TNX, but theres my two revos, my LST2 plus 2 others, 3 MTA4's (one with the EK4 engine in it), a t maxx, and my dads muggy, nothing there is stock but the savage, and the savage has the least breakages thus far.

however both the 8ight T truggies there (mine with an LRP .28 spec 3 and another fellas stock one) are the strongest all in all vehicles there, considering i put my 8ight T through more hell then anything else there has been through, with just a bent rear axle carrier pin, truggies are leading the way lol.