Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Wasp engines

Old 12-14-2004, 06:57 AM
*JCB*
My Feedback: (9)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wasp engines

two questions: are these motors good and reliable and what is the difference between the .26 and th .28 (beside the obvious). i noticed that tower has the larger motor for a cheaper price and i was wondering why this was
Old 12-14-2004, 04:06 PM
TGreg24

Default RE: Wasp engines

the wasp are very good engines. the reason the .26 is more expensive is because that the .26 was hand/machine made in italy and the .28 was made by a japanesse engine comp. named toki and was sold to team orion. the .28 is machine made in italy. the .28 is lesser quailty but there is a slight diff in low to mid power.
Old 01-04-2005, 12:44 AM
x-sport

than if I want to take wasp 28 for my savage ss. I fell more power or not?
Old 01-04-2005, 08:03 AM
rcblaze

I would say it revs higher and you will most likely see more on the top end. The wasp 26 has more bottom end from what I can tell.
Old 01-04-2005, 12:16 PM
supertib

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

team Orion engines are mediocre, you are better to get either a XTM 24/7 pro or a SH 28 both these motor are faster and easier to tune then thier Orion counterparts, and when i say easier to tune i mean alot easier, the wasp 26 is ittalian made but it still suffers all the same quality defects as the cheaper brands, Pico has taken a step back in engine quality over the years.....the SH/XTM lineup of engines may not have as cool of a name but they are very powerful, reliable and easy to tune...the SH 28 is a total powerhouse and will stomp a wasp 28 for power, as well it tunes alot nicer...........