RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Replacment Shocks for CEN MT-2

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2004, 09:14 PM
normanski

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Replacment Shocks for CEN MT-2

Hello People,

I would like to hear from all CEN MT2 owners. I want to replace the stock shocks & what would you recommend. I find the stock spring way too hard. What do you think?

Regards
Normanski
Old 12-15-2004, 07:00 AM
poor judgement

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Replacment Shocks for CEN MT-2

i think it was on the wildhobbies forum that i heard that 1/8 buggy front shocks will fit. that should give u a good range of springs to choose from too. try wildhobbies forum, auto2 on there knows a bit about this........
Old 12-15-2004, 09:06 AM
cenracer1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

1/8th buggy shocks work... I ran t-maxx shocks in my MT2.... So many choices with these.... you have to mess around with spacing because the tops are different but its not a big deal... I ran integy... but any will work well.....
Old 12-15-2004, 10:00 AM
normanski

Well, I have integy shocks on my MTA-4(a.k.a. MGT). These T-Maxx shocks are far too long compare to the CEN Stock shocks. I am really not sure how you guys manage to adapt them.

Any way, I did put the MGT stock shocks onto the CEN MT-2, but the results were not that great........

So, this is what I have done this afternoon when I was bored............Let me know what you think.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Mj24284.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	97.1 KB
ID:	203266   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sn40972.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	96.3 KB
ID:	203267   Click image for larger version

Name:	Jo31462.jpg
Size:	76.5 KB
ID:	203268  
Old 12-15-2004, 11:41 AM
poor judgement

nice going normanski - how do they perform?

i always thought that the extra shock length was "lost" in the droop of the suspension when fitting bigger shocks on cens mt - like on the 1/8 buggies. of course this would mean soft springs, but thats what u wanted anyway, as i can well imagine with that standard cen setup - its like a pogo stick on each corner....

did u look into the 1/8 buggy front shocks? dunno how long they are other than that they are shorter than the buggy rears.

hope the droop bit is of some help - let us know how u get on, i will be converting my rally over in the near future and have just started looking into this. asiatees have a cheapish range of shocks that i was looking at...
Old 12-15-2004, 11:41 AM
cenracer1

unless I'm missing something.. .What did you do to the front of the mt2... Thats not even close to stock... I see you put the shocks on the rear and they appear to fit well. the stock truck has the same setup front and rear but yours looks kind of like a REVO.... No wonder it doesn't fit... I doubt it will work like that, but its hard to tell in the photo how its connected... what did you with the front shock towers? Is you tie rod acting like a shock link? I see your steering servo is lower on the chassis and your fuel tank is moved.. Can you post more photos of the rest of the truck.. I'm trying to figure out what was done to it... Alot of which I like the looks of... Thanks
Old 12-15-2004, 11:50 AM
poor judgement

fair point cenracer - if they fit the rear why not the front? i didnt even look at the rear....but i can see how the fronts are linked from the original shock mount on the arm and hinge on that bracket, i just wonder why all that trouble if the rears are an ok fit.....?
Old 12-15-2004, 11:54 AM
cenracer1

thats what I thought... If its an experiment... great... that's what makes this hobby great... I don't see how it will work as good as original I'm not seeing enough suspension travel or steering.... Please keep us posted on this....
Old 12-15-2004, 08:38 PM
normanski

Hello poor judgement,

I think Asiatee shocks are made by GPM, and they are not that great.

I tried the longer shocks on the CEN, but didn't like the set-up. You lose a lot of the wheel travel that way & I still have problems getting softer springs.

I thought I would try the REVO set-up just to see how it would work but the results has been twice as good as I expected. The rocker allowed different Mechanical Advantage, so I get softer shock feel with the same spring & oil. The wheel travel is the same if not better than the stock setup & the rocker also gives you progressive shock movement.

I have to move things round on the chassis & need to beef up the rocker hinge before firing it up again. Here is a close-up of the REVO like set-up:
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ge94837.jpg
Size:	51.0 KB
ID:	203443   Click image for larger version

Name:	Je98776.jpg
Size:	58.0 KB
ID:	203444  
Old 12-15-2004, 08:43 PM
normanski

May be you guys can post some pictures of how the Integy shocks fit the CEN?
Old 12-17-2004, 01:54 PM
cenracer1

the integy shocks fit the cen with a maxx type spacer.. you need the spacer because the shock cap hits the shock tower without it... I have cut the shock tower on mine with a dremel to fit without the spacer with no loss of durability... If you use the spacer... no cutting required... The spacer looks like a screw with a sleeve(bushing) built in to pivot the shock on....
Old 12-17-2004, 08:27 PM
normanski

Hello Cenracer1,

What is the length of your Integy shocks? Please a picture of your shock set-up would be great! Thank you.

Regards
Normanski