RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Kyosho Giga Crusher RACER

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2004, 11:21 PM
kyoshosan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kyosho Giga Crusher RACER

Hi kyoshofans and everybody,

I just got my vacation and i'm planning on building my Kyosho GIGA Cruscher Dual Engine that i bought almost 4 months ago, and it is still in box. But here is the deal: I would like to turn it into a real race machine, I know its limitations, it's heavy and bla bla bla.... but i want to at least try to. Since it will race against REVOs, TMAXX and Savages, I will mount it in the Single Engine Configuration. Can't race a TWIN. I know that it shares a lot of parts from the Inferno MP-7.5 but i'm not sure which ones. So here gpes my questions:
- The shocks are the read or fronts from the inferno ? Which ones should i buy to replace the stock ones ?
- Dog Bones ? I want to use Universal Swing Shafts from the Kanai ? Which ones will fit ?
- Can i eliminate the 3 Speed Gear ?
- Does anyone have seen one in action ? is it stable ? I'm worried about the engine being in the front of the truck ?
- Does the Proline's Powerstroke Shock for the TMAXX will fit ? You TMAXX guys, what is the lenght of the TMAXX shocks ? if any of you own an inferno, compare it with it ?
- I Know the diff is from the inferno, so i will use the Kanai TCD on the front, should i use it on the rear ?
- I'll also use prolines 40 Series Velocity Wheels fitted with Bow-ties.

I know it might sound crazy, but i am a BIG KYOSHO FAN and i don't see myself driving other Truck that's not from Kyosho. I owned a REVO already but it was all problems and i sold it.

Thanks to you all,
Old 12-17-2004, 10:43 AM
Muswagon

Default RE: Kyosho Giga Crusher RACER

Hey man, I was thinking about doing the same thing. Not because I am a Kyosho fan, just because I hate racing the same truck that everyone else has. last year I had a TNX, and I was the only Tamiya guy out there.
Old 12-17-2004, 03:15 PM
ICrashThings

Sorry, dont know alot about that Monster truck but it sounds like an unique idea. Shows pics when you are done.
Old 12-17-2004, 08:59 PM
kyoshosan

Besides being a Kyoshofan I am also like you, I don't like to go with the flow, kind like to do different, try what others might be afraid of.
I'll post pictures as i start to build it.
Old 12-21-2004, 02:52 PM
kyoshosan

Does anyone know the length of the Proline's Powerstroke shocks ? Thanks.
Old 12-21-2004, 03:11 PM
DarkSavageX

4-3/16" (106mm)
Old 12-21-2004, 03:11 PM
tamiya08
My Feedback: (10)

ORIGINAL: kyoshosan

Does anyone know the length of the Proline's Powerstroke shocks ? Thanks.

the length is

Length: 4-3/16" (106mm)
Old 12-21-2004, 03:56 PM
kyoshosan

Thanks guys!
Old 12-21-2004, 04:53 PM
ThermalRD

Pics yet?
Old 12-21-2004, 10:17 PM
macocoy

hey bro i like your idea...i'm also also a kyosho Mt owner "madforce" if you have the pics try to post it. good luck to your plan you can do it...happr holidays!
Old 12-21-2004, 10:33 PM
kyoshosan

I don't have pictures yet, but i will post them as i build. Thanks all for the encouragement.

I have found out that you can use the Kanai Front Shock Body fitted with the rear shock shaft. It is the exact same length.

You will also need these bearings to replace the plastic and bronze bushings that comes with the kit:

- 4 x 7 x 2.5 mm (02 Two)
- 6 x 10 x 3 mm (04 Four)

See ya.
Old 12-21-2004, 11:18 PM
Jerry Williams

Too bad you can't use the 2 engines.. Even though it won't give you much of a lead over everyone else. I like the GIGA Crusher though pretty unigue !
Old 12-23-2004, 06:34 AM
XR400

Hi Guys.
I currently own a Giga Crusher Twin. Very nice truck. Not without a couple of early niggles though.

I previously owned a Mad Force.
Comments on Mad Force:-
Suspension. Yuck. Too bouncy with stock setup and Ultra soft spring set didn't fix that.
Steering linkages. Too many links and too much slop in the linkages.
Handling. Sits on its back wheels too much to try and be a race truck. Severely upset by rough ground. Very easy to control and responsive in midair. You can pick the nose up or shove it down very easily.
Motor and transmission. Love it!!..
Drive line. MUST FIT is the longer joint cups to the front and rear dogbones, otherwise dogbones fall out all the time. You try not to crash a MT on the track.

Comments on Giga Crusher Dual Force:-
Motors. Cool. Lots of power with two running. Easy to start. It would be nice to be able to start them with the body on. Fuel tank access also requires body removal. Could be better.
Exhaust. Those useless rubber stingers. Always breaking or falling off.
Throttle linkages. FU--ING terrible. Too much flex and too sloppy. I have mounted a throttle only servo up next to the carbs. Short straight pushrods. Nice :-)
Handling. Sweet. Suspension works beautifully straight out of the box. Watch the big jumps as it is a HEAVY truck. I have not found that this truck flies well (not really controllable in the air).

I am seriously considering an LST for a race truck. Any comments?

Cheers
Old 12-28-2004, 05:59 AM
XR400

Here are a few snaps of the throttle servo mount etc.
It was made with a bit of scrap aluminium channel I had lying around, and some K&S square brass tubing as spacers to pick the servo up off the bottom of the channel. This set up requires a "Y" harness to be inserted in the throttle/brake circuit so that both servos operate.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Us53895.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	232.2 KB
ID:	207442   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hd94774.jpg
Views:	176
Size:	257.6 KB
ID:	207443   Click image for larger version

Name:	Nt46218.jpg
Views:	174
Size:	250.9 KB
ID:	207444  
Old 12-28-2004, 06:09 AM
XR400

- I'll also use prolines 40 Series Velocity Wheels fitted with Bow-ties.
Hey kyoshosan.
What wheel nuts are you going to use to attach the 40 series Velocity (disc) wheels to your truck. I am having some custom made to do this job. Are there commercially available items? I have the tyres mounted and am just waiting on the nuts to turn up.
Old 12-28-2004, 08:40 AM
kyoshosan

Hi XR400,

This is a great idea. I just started to build mine and i also found that the throttle servo layout was far from good. Do you know if the linkage are touching the body ? or it stayed below ?

About the wheel nuts, i'm doing the same thing as you. I'll put them on a lathe do cut some of that edge down to fit the 40 series wheels.

Also, Which body are you using ? I'm thinking about the Proline's Crowd Pleaser 2.0

Have you tried the new Proline 23mm Heavy Duty (HD) Hex, yet ? Do you know if they will fit ? let me know.

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU GUYS ALL!!
Old 12-28-2004, 12:12 PM
marksp
My Feedback: (9)

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

XR400 - I see you changed your air cleaner setup. Did the stock one not work for you?
Old 12-28-2004, 12:27 PM
marksp
My Feedback: (9)

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

Yikes - on my 6th break-in tank, I stripped my 1st gear AND yanked the pull start from one of the motors Luckily, i was able to reinstall the pull start and stole the 2-speed from my Landmax 2 to replace the 46 tooth gear. Hopefully back on the raod today!
Old 12-28-2004, 04:13 PM
XR400

Hi XR400,

This is a great idea. I just started to build mine and i also found that the throttle servo layout was far from good. Do you know if the linkage are touching the body ? or it stayed below ?

About the wheel nuts, i'm doing the same thing as you. I'll put them on a lathe do cut some of that edge down to fit the 40 series wheels.

Also, Which body are you using ? I'm thinking about the Proline's Crowd Pleaser 2.0

Have you tried the new Proline 23mm Heavy Duty (HD) Hex, yet ? Do you know if they will fit ? let me know.
The ends of the throttle rods just poke out through the wheel arch. They do not foul on anything so I will leave them as is.

Before you turn down the edges of the standard nuts, check to see that your wheel nut spanner will fit down the 'tunnel' of the 40 series wheels. The biggest spanner I could fit down the 'tunnel' is my glow plug spanner (8mm). Therefore the nuts I am having made have an 8mm (glowplug) hex on the end.

At present I am using a Mad Force body. I didn't want to wreck the original body in case I was going to sell the truck soon. If I keep on using this truck, I will fit one of the following Proline shells:-
F650
F150 Supercrew
F350 Extended
Silverado HD
I won't be using the Crowd Pleazer because is does not look like a "Truck".

No, I have not tried the 23mm hexes as yet. They are not made specifically for Kyosho vehicles. That is probably because Kyosho use 6mm axles and I think all the others use 5mm.

ORIGINAL: marksp

XR400 - I see you changed your air cleaner setup. Did the stock one not work for you?
Mark, the shaker gets beaten up big time in crashes and the air tubes even got disconnedted from the carbies in one crash. So I applied the KISS principle. The pods are lighter, neater and more secure.
Old 12-28-2004, 05:18 PM
EMaxxer05

You guys think a Giga Crusher could spool up enough power to pull my E-maxx (bumper to bumper) on grass. I'm not bashin' or anything, but I figure that it's the only stock rig that could stand a chance against an E-maxx's massive torque. Honest opinion's guys.
Old 01-05-2005, 10:35 PM
kyoshosan

Hi everybody,

Here goes the first pictures of my GIGA RACER. Hope you guys like it.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ig10986.jpg
Views:	611
Size:	130.0 KB
ID:	211171   Click image for larger version

Name:	Dy80232.jpg
Views:	247
Size:	93.5 KB
ID:	211172   Click image for larger version

Name:	Va72718.jpg
Views:	231
Size:	125.3 KB
ID:	211173   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ha78813.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	134.0 KB
ID:	211174  
Old 01-05-2005, 10:37 PM
kyoshosan

Not trying to change the subject, but i noticed you own 2 REVOs which one you like best the one with the OS 18 engine or the one with the sirio 23 ? i mean for racing ?
Old 01-05-2005, 10:51 PM
tamiya08

looks sweet, my suggestion is move the tank to were the engine use to me, then take off the roll bar, if its all plastic.

awesome
Old 01-05-2005, 10:57 PM
kyoshosan

I put the tank in the rear to try to balance the truck a little, it has a nose down tendency. I also saw that the original Giga SF has the tank mounted where the second engine was supposed to be.
Old 01-05-2005, 11:02 PM
tamiya08

see if you can put single shock on each a-arm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.