Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

T-MAXX HELP PLEASE

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2004, 12:12 AM
batty

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default T-MAXX HELP PLEASE

Hey, I just got my T-Maxx today and im really new to all this RC stuff. This is my first RC car.

My first problem is I can't get the glow plug wire off the glow plug - Ive pulled really hard and used pliers but it won't budge?
Second is after i make a few high speed passes, and then pull in to stop the engine just shuts down?? I tried leaning it AND richening it but still does it? The engine was pretty hot so I don't know if that has anything to do with it.
And last but not least - I was wondering if there is anyway you can shut down the engine without taking the shell off? Im always having to undo body clips to get to the fuel line? Anything easier??

Thank you in advance

BaTTy
Old 12-25-2004, 12:34 AM
Tyler24

Default RE: T-MAXX HELP PLEASE

i just got a truck too, and the book said to put a thick cloth over the exaust to stop the engine
Old 12-25-2004, 03:29 AM
*JCB*
My Feedback: (9)

sounds like your engine is overheating, also, did you break it in properly?? for stopping it, just put your finger (or a thick rag) over the exhaust, it should die right away
Old 12-25-2004, 11:51 AM
wakbrdr

just use your finger to shut it down, its not that hot. Try resetting your needles to factory and then tune if you are done with break in
Old 12-25-2004, 06:12 PM
mr-rccrazy

ORIGINAL: batty

Hey, I just got my T-Maxx today and im really new to all this RC stuff. This is my first RC car.

My first problem is I can't get the glow plug wire off the glow plug - Ive pulled really hard and used pliers but it won't budge?
Second is after i make a few high speed passes, and then pull in to stop the engine just shuts down?? I tried leaning it AND richening it but still does it? The engine was pretty hot so I don't know if that has anything to do with it.
And last but not least - I was wondering if there is anyway you can shut down the engine without taking the shell off? Im always having to undo body clips to get to the fuel line? Anything easier??

Thank you in advance

BaTTy
Have you checked your throttle linkage and idle screw? If the idle screw is too low, but the throttle trim is set, it will idle when throttle is at neutral but if you apply brakes it will cause the engine to die. So, try adjusting your idle, and if that does not work let me know, and I might be of further help. also, have you broken in the engine properly? It will not run right ever again if you do not break in properly.