Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

2wd OK?

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2004, 09:05 PM
supernova803

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2wd OK?

I stripped one of my wheel hexes out today and was wondering if I could safely take out the front dogbones and have 2wd without blowing my motor. This would only be temporary until I can make a trip to the lhs.

thanks
Old 12-26-2004, 09:31 PM
EMaxxer05

Default RE: 2wd OK?

I did this with my old Electric Tamiya S10 Stadium truck. Didn't have any problems. I had a Reedy modified motor in it. However, had a hard time getting traction since the rear wheels getting 100% of the power, all they did was spin. You will prolly have a hard time getting the tires to hook up. But, I don't know, you have much more meat touching the ground than I did with my Tamiya. I don't know much about Nitro, but I doubt it will harm your motor. Wait for some other opinions I guess.

Silver E-maxx
Big Bore Shocks
Pro-Line Velocity 6 Wheels
Pro-Line Maxx Mashers
RPM F&R Chrome Bumpers
Old 12-26-2004, 11:05 PM
PeteOz

I ran about 8 tanks through my LST without front driveshafts (Had a broken one and couldn't get one anywhere for weeks) It was VERY hard to control on dirt as it was ALWAYS sideways, but then you really lear how to drift it. It was especially fun on wet pavement. I don't believe it hurts the truck in any way (hope not anyway!) and it still lets you have fun with the truck while you are waiting for parts
Old 12-26-2004, 11:16 PM
LLLosingit

It won't hurt anything, As far as getting it hooked up? If you have enough power with four or two wheel drive the front tires will be in the air most of the time anyway =-)