Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Help with Tiger Drive on Revo

Old 12-28-2004, 07:50 PM
Xplocivic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with Tiger Drive on Revo

OK, so I pulled the EZ start out today and put in a Tiger Drive. I went to start it tonight with my DeWalt 18V Cordless drill and it won't start. It seems as though its not turning it over fast enough. Any thoughts? I thought that the 18V drill would have more then enough to turn it over. I have the OS 18TM if that matters to anyone. I even tried a fresh battery in the drill. What do others use to start the truck with when using a Tiger drive? I really don't feel like putting EZ start back on and returing the Tiger Drive. Well actually I can't return the Tiger Drive because I had to grind a little off the edge so that my header would sit flush. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Old 12-28-2004, 10:17 PM
ScMc

Default RE: Help with Tiger Drive on Revo

if you're trying to break in the engine, I would put the ezstart back on. Once the engine is broken in, it will give the tigerdrive an easier time trying to turn it over. Did u try the second speed on the drill? U should give the drill full throttle in 1st and then slam it into second and tighten the drill's clutch up all the way. Hope this helped.
Old 12-28-2004, 10:43 PM
Xplocivic

Nope, the engine is already broke in. My drill goes to 1500 rpm. I'm thinking I might need some more rpm to get her going. I'm really bummed about this and its too late to keep messing with it, my wife would flip out if she heard me trying to start my truck. So I guess I'll just have to wait til tomorrow to see if I can't get her running.
Old 12-29-2004, 12:29 AM
elite
My Feedback: (2)

i have the tigerdrive. its on my revo thats very broken in....maybe even broken lol. anyhow, i talked to sullivan they say a 7.2 will work fine.....I tried a 7.2 ryobi just like they said they used and had no luck. i have it my 14.4 dewalt and it starts fine with that. they did tell me though that you can get a rotostart and itll fit. we tried the lst starter system but the 7/32 shaft on the sullivan tigerdrive is smaller then the lst starter. try a hpi/ofna/hot bodies and see if they accept 7/32 and thatll solve the issue. im trying to get my hands on one, just the unit. see what you come up with, ill do the same......but count OUT the lst starter.
Old 12-29-2004, 01:47 AM
fantomas
My Feedback: (3)

im not sure how much you guys paid for the tiger drive, but this is what i installed on my revo.. [link=http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXEVM9&P=7]hot bodies[/link] i put this on my os 18tm
Old 12-29-2004, 10:56 AM
elite
My Feedback: (2)

I went with the tiger drive cause its alot easier to start from the side vs. going in on the backside. Ive seen the hotbidies though, its actually not bad....I just prefered the tiger thats all.