Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

I APPROVE OF THIS TRUCK!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2004, 03:46 PM
silverman1

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default I APPROVE OF THIS TRUCK!!!

Sorry guys still getting over the presidential election!! Actually I do approve of this truck for a first time monster truck, okay not quite a monster but over 1/2 ways there.

The CEN MT2 rtr. I know you all are probabally tired of hearing about this truck, but for the money, 259.00 this thing can take one H@## of a beating and come back for more. Its fast, jumps great, handles decent and takes abuse I guarantee my 400.00 dollar plus trucks won't take this. Sometimes I think the concept of staying with 1/10 versuses 1/8 with more mass and weight might be a better idea.

Please understand I am not knocking anyones truck, Im just saying i can take this truck out and not worry about destroying it. My Tamiya and Revo both good trucks, Im afraid to bash super hard, because Im not sure how much they will take.

But for someone just wanting to get into the hobby, who does not want to spend an arm and a leg this is great begginer, parts are easy to get from ehobbies, and reasonable.

If your a begginer and looking to get into this hobby give this truck a look!!!!
Old 12-30-2004, 11:06 PM
Muswagon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: I APPROVE OF THIS TRUCK!!!

You on CEN's payroll?
Old 12-30-2004, 11:12 PM
mr-rccrazy

I had it, it was a great truck yes, but it has some flaws.

Let me explain:

1. CEN mirage glitches horribly, and never seemed to go one run anywhere without locking out and running away....
2. Dogbones bend fairly easily, and the differential output drive cups are HORRIBLE!!! Very thin, they bend, break, and wear out way too fast.
3. 2 speed was actually assembled incorrectly at the factory, so it did not work properly from the start.
4. CEN did not threadlock any of the clutch components, so the first high speed runs after break in, the flywheel was no longer really "attatched" to the crankshaft, not good. Engine revved really really high, then flamed out.

It would really be an excellent truck if the cups were fixed from the factory, and if it came with better radio gear.
Old 01-01-2005, 01:27 PM
silverman1

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I guess I got lucky and got a good one
Old 01-01-2005, 03:24 PM
mr-rccrazy

You could not have "gotten lucky" because all ALL of the CEN Fun Factor line has the bad differential output cups. It is plain and simple, CEN has not fixed it and never will. If you jump your truck, you will find that the cups will break and screw up easily. But yes, I agree totally with you that it is probably THE BEST truck for under 280 bucks, www.ultimatehobbies.com has it for 259.95 with free shipping!!! It has problems, but for the price of the truck it is unbeatable.