Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Diff. falling apart

Old 12-31-2004, 12:39 PM
Ybenjulkay2x

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Diff. falling apart

I have this Raptor from PRP for about 3 month and having problem with the diff. The four screw holding the diff. housing always getting loose as it even damage my diff. gear set and the bevel/pinion gear too. I don't want to have this[:@]just having this problem, If I can't help my self I might throw this truck to the wall[:@] as I spend toooooooooo much already for this truck specially the diff. gear and bevel gear. Can any body help me.
Old 12-31-2004, 12:42 PM
ThermalRD

Default RE: Diff. falling apart

Im gonna guess that the screws holding it together are self tappers (plastic thread). You need to switch them to the fine thread, also known as MACHINE thread screws. Take all 4 out, and insert a toothpick, or anything really. Just to find out the depth of the hole. Use the longest machine thread screw you can.

ORIGINAL: Ybenjulkay2x

I have this Raptor from PRP for about 3 month and having problem with the diff. The four screw holding the diff. housing always getting loose as it even damage my diff. gear set and the bevel/pinion gear too. I don't want to have this[:@]just having this problem, If I can't help my self I might throw this truck to the wall[:@] as I spend toooooooooo much already for this truck specially the diff. gear and bevel gear. Can any body help me.
Old 12-31-2004, 12:52 PM
Ybenjulkay2x

I replaced those screw already and with a longer screw but still getting loose, also it seems like i need to replaced the gear housing too as i found that the diff. gear shalf eaten- up the housing where the shalf seat in place. So its seems I need to overhaul the entire diff. front and the rear, I hope that i don't need coz i just replaced both gear set and bevel/pinion set in it[:@]. I wonder if the PRP cover this with the warranty if this is/are defect from manufacturer and I hope that they will, as they replaced my front/rear bumper already due to brittleness.
Old 01-08-2005, 03:24 PM
Ybenjulkay2x

I just replaces both front and rear diff. housing. Hope this work.
Old 01-08-2005, 07:33 PM
Tnx_4_life

easy diy dif clamp: tywrap just put a tywrap around it, and pull it real tight. best thing that happend to my diff. housings
Old 01-12-2005, 01:05 PM
Ybenjulkay2x

It will work on the cover of the diff. but not on the diff. it self as the ring pinion gear is connected to the diff. housing the tywrap is on the way, the diff will jam due to this tywrap. the tywrap will get caught by the ring gear and pinion gear.