Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

little turbos??

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2005, 12:33 AM
pyr0575

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default little turbos??

hey whats with the little turbos or "super chargers" for the nitro engins i have seen a bunch on ebay but i cant find them anywhere else.. heres the ones on ebay
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...sPageName=WDVW
do theses little things actually work??

EDIT: if the link doesnt work replace the **** with "ebay . com" with out the spaces
Old 01-06-2005, 12:46 AM
Ahab

Default RE: little turbos??

First up, a Turbo and a Supercharger do the same thing, but in a different way. They both compress air/fuel to give more power - but a Supercharger is Crank Driven and a Turbo is Exhaust driven - I have never seen an RC Turbo - but there are a few RC Superchargers out there RBInnovations makes one.

As for wether they work ~~ it is one of the most hotly debated subjects on this board.

The big issue people have with SuperChargers is that on a 2 stroke engine the Intake and exhaust port are both open at the same time - so any extra pressure created by the Blower goes straight through the engine - doing nothing.

But of course there are those who claim they have them and that they definately make a difference. (placebo effect?)

People usualy conclude that:

If they work it is probably only a slight increase and that that increase will help low end torque, but have no effect on the top speed (unless you re-gear), you certainly wouldn't see the sort of performance increase you would by supercharging a 4 stroke.

Ultimately it is a case of "get one if you want" - but most people would consider a new engine to be a better investment.
Old 01-06-2005, 10:23 AM
binaryterror

I never deal with the hokey Superchargers, so unproven and not even amazing power is added, just claimed tiny bits.

Well you want more power...increase your nitro content that does the best. Try tuning you engine right. Try tuning and using the right pipe. Try tuning and using the right clutch. All those adjustments will increase power better than the SuperChargers out.
Old 01-06-2005, 07:22 PM
pyr0575

yea i hadnt planed on getting one they just look point less and i was just wondering if they actually worked