Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Racing Revo

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2005, 10:49 PM
travis28379

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Racing Revo

Ok Right now i have a Stock (Yellow) Revo with a gallon of 20 % top threw it and i get wheelies on demand when i want them...... i see a lot of power in this engine.... well any way i want to start racing now and i dont wanna change engines?? i want to beat the OS .18 and i think i can.... this engine is unbelivable.....

Well any way i want some parts that i need for racing .... Tell me what to get....

I was thinking of a 3 shoe Clutch and flywheel aluminum .....

alloy 90t Pro 1 Front and rear rockers with the traxxas aluminum pushrods.....

FOC kit

Traxxas 2 speed Close Ratio kit

Motor saver air filter

I could mabey upgrade my radio but i think ill wait on that for a while i know a lot of people say that would be the first but just the MT for right now......

Give me some ideas do you guys think these parts here are good for racing or what..... give me some ideas ... and links would be good

}{unter
Old 01-07-2005, 09:16 PM
fastcrash

Default RE: Racing Revo

finaly i hear someone else with a good review of the 2.5R. i also found the engine to be strong , dependable, and easy to tune. the big gain i got with the os 18 tm is low end torque. the high end power is the same. here are some great low price upgrades for revo:
1 http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXGBC4&P=ML

2 http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXHGD3&P=ML

3 http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXHUH6&P=ML ( sorry, no pick, but this is a very good product )

4 http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...p?&I=LXHUH2&P= this is the best temp guage cause not only does it show the actual temp, it also stores the engines peak temp.

5 the foc is also a good racing hop up, cause it adds a lot of durabulity to the tranny.

6 http://www.neweramodels.com/cgi-bin/...w&part_id=2312 these are good.

7 http://h1070530.hobbyshopnow.com/pro...prod=JRP337275 this is my favorite hp up.[8D]
Old 01-07-2005, 09:34 PM
EMaxxer05

WOW!! Hold up. If it runs so well? "Why mess with a good thing?" See what you can do *stock* against the O.S. .18, then go from there. That is how you should determine what setup is right for you. If you throw a bunch of modifications on it at once and don't like the overall outcome, then you have to trace your steps backwards to get it back the way you like it. You will have to find out what didn't give you the outcome you wanted. Which could take awhile. :my2c: Try racing it the way it is right now (if it runs as good as you say it does). Maybe it won't take much to beat the OS, or maybe you will take him to start with. Your call.
Old 01-07-2005, 10:16 PM
fastcrash

im just pointing out parts that have worked well for me.[sm=stupid.gif] and although i thought the 2.5R was a great engine, it has nothing for the grunt of the os. some of the parts i suggested are intended to take advantage of what torque the 2.5R has.
Old 01-07-2005, 10:18 PM
EMaxxer05

Yeah thatz coo...
Old 01-08-2005, 11:58 AM
travis28379

yea thx a lot fastcrash, i see all these bad reports on it and im like ??? do you people just not know how to tune and maintain a engine or is mine the only real good one lol.....

I just wanted to get my revo race ready not really trying to change everything just the racing parts that will help me on the track....

And one more thing for all you people that say the ball ends break...... well yesterday i was running and i wrecked and i went over and well the wheel was moving on the back from left to right so i know right what it was...... took it home the Metel Tie bar Broke the end off lol its inside the ball cup the ball cup didnt crack or anything lol....... i havent had problems with my ball cups as people has said....

and fastcrash is the progressive 2 rockers better or what ??? i was thinknig about going pro 1 because i like those red pushrods they have and they are only for pro 1 not pro 2..... ive seen national racers with the red push rods so they had to have pro 1 on them.... just woundering.......

One more thing what about a 3 shoe clutch set ?? wouldnt it pull more power out of the 2.5r ?? more surface area hitting the bell???

}{unter
Old 01-08-2005, 12:01 PM
travis28379

Oh yea and Tires i need some help finding me some good wheels and tires ...... i see all kinds on the site and on racers trucks...

}{unter
Old 01-08-2005, 03:00 PM
EMaxxer05

The Revo wheel/tire combo doesn't need to be messed with unless you want to do it for cosmetic reasons. The shoes that come on the Revo are well suited for racing on all types of surfaces. Hardpack, crete, or cement. They will do it all. I have read nothing but good reviews on the Revo's stock rims/tires. IMO don't change. :my2c:
Old 01-11-2005, 11:30 PM
travis28379

Thats cool i just order a few parts just to upgrade some i ordered a 3 shoe clutch with the flywheel and all and the FOC and the Wide ratio gears..... and a MS air filter ... with the red aluminum pushrods to get my revo rdy for racing....

}{unter
Old 01-18-2005, 12:07 AM
blaumbach

i would switch to the p-2 rockers do a forward only kit get rid of the ez starting system go to a roto start and put on some mip axle shafts
Old 01-18-2005, 12:42 AM
Pinolelst

Just to show how wildly variable the Revos seem to be in regards to the 2.5R.I have 2 close friends who each own Revos.Both of them have nitro experience amounting to years and their experiences up to a week ago have been like night and day.One guy who bought his a few months before the other has had nothing but troubles with his revo.Couldn't hold a tune to save his life,went through 2 piston/sleeves,carb was loose from the factory,gas tank o-ring never sealed, the glow plug ignitor on the ez-start never worked,broken tranny gears and I don't know what else.We run near a road and I thought for certain at one point he was going to pitch it under a passing motorhome.Worst part is he bought it from me except for the fact that he's finally got it running fairly well last week after 3 months of messing with it.The dude has patience
On the other hand the other guys revo started the first time and has run like a dream since he bought it a month ago except for finally stripping his spur gears this weekend it's been trouble free runs like a champ and gives me a run for the money with my lst.So much so that I'd consider the revo as a second truck and would probably already have one except for another project I'm slowly assembling using up all my spare hobby funds
Old 01-18-2005, 01:01 AM
ScMc

Yah I've heard the 2.5's can be very picky. If you manage to get them running correctly though, They really fly.
Old 01-18-2005, 11:06 PM
fastcrash

the p-2 rockers work very well, but to use them depends on the racing surface. the nice thing is that traxxas has a great line of optional springs for the revo. they are available for the long travel, and progressive rates.

and travis, if you intend to start racing this truck, think twice before adding aluminum. its nice on a more 'show' truck, but isnt the best choice for racing. also, you may want to consider a large gearing adjustment, ratio/spur/pinion. try the close ratio, and drop a tooth on each the spur and pinion gears. this will help the truck get out of the corner, and into 2nd gear more quickly. that will help you take advantage of the 2.5R's best atribute, high end hp. that engine loves to scream. it will also help you clear tripples if they exist on your track. i know ive heard a lot of good things about the proline 40 series bowties. id give ya a link but i cant find one right now. they wont be hard to find.