Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Traxxas mt...WHAT A JOKE!!!

This is not a flame... this is FACT

Well this is funny... apparently traxxas is paying to put there name on a fullsize M/T. Now the JOKE is some people that see this thing at a Monster Jam along with the small R/C trucks that run at half time show might get the impression that the T maxx kit is being used or is good for this type of event.... saddly it is FAR from being the truth!!!... WE DO NOT use Traxxas T maxx kits in our shows!!!

We have done a yearly TT "tough truck" half time show for the past 5 years at our local M/J events and the FACT is in the past when ever guys brought a T maxx to run in the events (beefed up or not) and tryed to run them the same way as most of the true 8scale trucks all they ever were consistant at is BUSTING!!!. It has gotten to the point (with the exception of the sat night show in shine) that we DO NOT WANT the Traxxas T maxx type kits in the show because they BUST!!! to much. These Traxxas kits are NOT built the take the abuse that many other 8scale kits can.

Being in the fullsize performance business/hobby also, I have always looked at and compared the .12/.15 sized engined trucks (like what traxxas has) power wise to fullsized import engines like the 4cyl honda and simular engines, where as I look at the .21+size and up engines more like american V8's as far as power and grunt goes. IMO being into/hopping up .12/.15 engines is like hopping up a Honda civic engine, it's a wast of time!, if you want grunt power a person needs to start with at least a .21 engine. I don't know of any competitive fullsize Monster truck that uses a small ci engine lol.

Anyway I truly hope OFNA, HPI, A/E, LOSI or others see there way to sponsor and put there name on a fullsize MT too. because I feel like barfing looking at the paint job on this thing lol.

Quote;
540-cubic inches! Blown and alcohol-injected! Traxxas announced their entry into the real world of mega-horsepower, car-crushing monster trucks with a full-size Traxxas T-Maxx. The giant T-Maxx uses only the latest state-of-the-art chassis and suspension hardware, combined with an ear-splitting 1500+ horsepower engine. The Traxxas T-Maxx will be driven by 15-year veteran pro driver John Seasock of Sudden Impact fame. The Traxxas T-Maxx isn’t a poser or an amusement park ride. It’s the real deal that will compete in pro-level USHRA Monster Jam® competition against the Gravedigger®, Maximum Destruction*, and other top contenders.

Here’s the opportunity for Traxxas T-Maxx fans to unite and cheer the full-size version of the world’s premier four-wheel drive R/C Monster Truck to victory. The USHRA’s thunderous, car-crunching monster trucks race at arenas and stadiums around the world, and many events are televised on the Speed Channel*.

See the T-Maxx debut at its first USHRA Monster Jam® event in Houston, Texas, on Jan 8th 2005! The following weekend, T-Maxx travels to New Orleans for a massive show at the LA Superdome.

Traxxas’ full-size T-Maxx is powered by a 540-cubic inch blown, alcohol-injected engine that cranks out 1500+ horsepower. The 10,000-pound T-Maxx is set on a Patrick Enterprises custom chassis. The massive T-Maxx is 12 feet tall and 12 feet wide and is equipped with 30 inches of suspension travel and 30-inch nitrogen shocks. You sure won’t find these tires at the hobby shop. They're a giant 66 inches tall by 43 inches wide!

Purchase tickets in advance for the Houston show by clicking here: http://www.ushra.com/showDetail?id=Show.2004-10-25.2825
Old 01-10-2005, 09:58 PM
cardriverx

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Traxxas mt...WHAT A JOKE!!!

lol i think hpis 1:1 mt looks better! lol
Old 01-10-2005, 10:21 PM
popa71

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Traxxas is obviously ahead of the game. They know how to advertise and obviously have a ton of cash to throw around. People are obviously buying their products and this will bring more money to the Traxxas empire!!!!!!!!
Old 01-10-2005, 11:12 PM
EMaxxer05

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ORIGINAL: popa71

Traxxas is obviously ahead of the game. They know how to advertise and obviously have a ton of cash to throw around. People are obviously buying their products and this will bring more money to the Traxxas empire!!!!!!!!
It doesn't really matter that "YOU" do not use Traxxas products in your shows. The company name is known throughout the industry anyway. Plus if you are gunna drop ~$500 on a R/C, don't you think you are going to do some shopping first? IT'S JUST ADVERTISEMENT!!!!!! It's a SMALL PART OF A THING CALLED ECONOMCS!!!! We have M/J events here in my hometown and they use Traxxas/HPI/Losi/etc..... What does it matter that a specific company had the $ to sponsor such an event? Other companies are prolly scrathin' their heads right now!!! "Hmmm why didn't we think of that?" More power to em. Heck if it was HPI or another company I would give them just as much credit. Just cause it's Traxxas doesn't affect how I live/breathe/eat or ****!!!! It's a great idea and doesn't affect my daily life at all. Hopefully it doesn't effect yours as much as you have made it seem. Just try and get some sleep ok. It's just another ant in the ant-bed. It's kinda funny though. No company will ever have a MT as big as Traxxas with their 1500hp 540ci engine!!!!!! HAHAHA ......
Old 01-10-2005, 11:17 PM
popa71

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I guess your not all that great with comprehension!!!!! I own a Revo. I was standing up for Traxxas DAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-10-2005, 11:23 PM
bamaracer0

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I think its funny how you put down the "Civic 4 banger" when it can keep up with a lot of stock bigblocks.

Get off your soapbox, It's a marketing ploy, and it's hella cool.

*2 cents from a revo owner, so I guess you could call me biased whatever.*
Old 01-10-2005, 11:27 PM
EMaxxer05

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

HAHA POPA71 was supporting you ... Sorry I didn't make that evident ... I was supporting Traxxas myself ... I just inclued your quote because I was doing so. It would be too much space to copy the crap he put down... Haha sorry ..
Old 01-10-2005, 11:51 PM
ScMc

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

The traxxas forums are gonna be flooded with newbs within the next couple months, lmao.
Old 01-11-2005, 12:00 AM
EMaxxer05

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Boy isn't that the truth.
Old 01-11-2005, 12:00 AM
The Boss

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Well naturaly I did not expect you Traxxas boys to understand, some people will never be able to see the forest because of all the trees lol. don't read to much into it guys, I don't loose any sleep over it.

If some people like to get suckered in with great advertisments for infeariour products all the power to you but I am sure others don't. spending big bucks on big promo adds does not mean it's the best product. Traxxas advertises and always has better/more adds then they make there products and I have owned/thrashed many traxxas products in the past and they just don't compare well in durability with most other truck kits..

If you/they are using the T maxx in your home town M/J events then I know for sure you/they are NOT doing what we are doing with our 8scale kits, like jumping four-4+ fullsize cars every night, twice a night for 3 days straight (and NOT busting one part) or for that matter smashing into car doors and garbage cans at fullspeed for all week end long. I suspect they are driving there kits in little circles lol.

Anyone that would try to compare a "Civic 4 banger" engine to a big block chev, dodge or ford must be a kid and/or does not understand engines or what power is for that matter, might want to read some books.

ANYHOOO... I am sure sooner or later (even though there are many t maxx lover boys here) some one that does not own a t maxx will see my point.[:-]
Old 01-11-2005, 12:13 AM
ScMc

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Dude, are you trying to pick a fight?
Old 01-11-2005, 12:17 AM
The Boss

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

No Dude, just pointing out FACT Dude.
Old 01-11-2005, 12:22 AM
EMaxxer05

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Are you making this thread to do nothing but bash traxxas??? If so then just STFU!!! What do you own so I can go to that thread and make some goofy senseless post... Durrrrrr...... I mean come on. Act like an adult. I know when to quit and I'm only 18 (yeah 18 so go ahead and take your shots).... I myself drive a 1986 Chevy 3/4 ton 4x4 that my popps and I rebuilt and restored (body-off restoration) from the ground up. It has a smallblock 350 V8 with 283 HP to the wheels, 3" Tuffcounty suspension lift, Detroit Lockers, K&N Air Filter, Holley 4 barrel carb, 40 Series Flowmaster Exhaust, Line X Bedliner, with a 4:10 gear ratio. I know that a "civic 4 banger"dare not compare to my rig! However, I do know that IN NO WAY does that comparison represent the relationship/comparison between 1/10 Traxxas Maxx trucks and other 1/8 MT's.
Old 01-11-2005, 12:25 AM
EMaxxer05

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

What a FLAM----ER !!!! Peace I got some educational classes to attend in da mornin'.....
Old 01-11-2005, 12:29 AM
QUESTO

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

HPI already have a SAVAGE MT.......
I saw it in RC Driver mag.

So what?

Like in the MT market.....some brand of truck are better than others.....they promote there product anyway.
Not because some product are worst then others , that they cant promote it.

I see ur point ¨The Boss¨ , but its not going anywhere...
To bad for the others compagny if they didnt see the opportunity like traxxas.
Old 01-11-2005, 12:37 AM
Eracer76

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ORIGINAL: The Boss

Let me guess.....Your just an old man stuck back in time thinking V8's rule and 4 bangers drool
Well...welcome to the new decade man! Its not all about big block power anymore during this day-n-age.
Ive seen many Revo MT's with small block .18's kill some big block MT's in a race.
Just like my own personal Dodge SRT-4, with you guessed it......a 4 banger that now puts out 422hp and 406 ft lbs of torque, and I have dyno charts and pics to prove it! It also runs 12.2 @ 122 mph on steet tires in the 1/4 mile! Its faster then any of the V8's Ive ever owned
Old 01-11-2005, 12:43 AM
firstadam2k

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

i am not here to flame nor conceed the point there is a diference between 10th scale and 8th scale i love my maxx i love my rusty
and will love my cd3 but engine size is not everything i care not how big i care that it works i bash and sometimes race but its my hobbie
its something to bring joy in my life to quible about engine size is just so redneck and for an adult to act in that way is just a waste of
energy
Old 01-11-2005, 12:48 AM
The Boss

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ORIGINAL: EMaxxer05

Are you making this thread to do nothing but bash traxxas??? If so then just STFU!!! What do you own so I can go to that thread and make some goofy senseless post... Durrrrrr...... I mean come on. Act like an adult. I know when to quit and I'm only 18 (yeah 18 so go ahead and take your shots).... I myself drive a 1986 Chevy 3/4 ton 4x4 that my popps and I rebuilt and restored (body-off restoration) from the ground up. It has a smallblock 350 V8 with 283 HP to the wheels, 3" Tuffcounty suspension lift, Detroit Lockers, K&N Air Filter, Holley 4 barrel carb, 40 Series Flowmaster Exhaust, Line X Bedliner, with a 4:10 gear ratio. I know that a "civic 4 banger"dare not compare to my rig! However, I do know that IN NO WAY does that comparison represent the relationship/comparison between 1/10 Traxxas Maxx trucks and other 1/8 MT's.

Nope, not a flam---er EMaxxer, just like to point out the facts to people that can't seen to deal with them (and I like to wake up the forum once in a while lol)

Well comparing... .12/.15 engines to .21/.27 engines to honda 4CYL to chevy V8CYL is a EXCELLENT! comparision. The fact is 4CYL engines are GUTLESS just like .12/.15, where as most .21/.27 engines have 3 or 4 times the torque.

Just M.O (this is not a dig) I just think of many guys with T maxxes as the guys with honda civcs with big airplane wings and snow plows on them that pull up beside a person with a blown/nitrous big block pro street american car at a street light and start reving there 4CYL up thinking they are going to blow it away LOL.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Xv63074.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	28.5 KB
ID:	213497  
Old 01-11-2005, 12:59 AM
Eracer76

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Just M.O (this is not a dig) I just think of many guys with T maxxes as the guys with honda civcs with big airplane wings and snow plows on them that pull up beside a person with a blown/nitrous big block pro street american car at a street light and start reving there 4CYL up thinking they are going to blow it away LOL.

[img]http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/5/web/341000-341999/341486_6.jpg[/img}

Here we go again
You people and your "no replacement for displacement" crap!
Ive imbarrassed many high dollar V8 sports cars with my little 4 banger!
Its not all about how "big" you are, but how you use it!
Old 01-11-2005, 01:07 AM
The Boss

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ORIGINAL: RamSavageLST

Let me guess.....Your just an old man stuck back in time thinking V8's rule and 4 bangers drool
Well...welcome to the new decade man! Its not all about big block power anymore during this day-n-age.
Ive seen many Revo MT's with small block .18's kill some big block MT's in a race.
Just like my own personal Dodge SRT-4, with you guessed it......a 4 banger that now puts out 422hp and 406 ft lbs of torque, and I have dyno charts and pics to prove it! It also runs 12.2 @ 122 mph on steet tires in the 1/4 mile! Its faster then any of the V8's Ive ever owned
NOT ME LOL, I have yet to be beat by any peanut .12/.18 with my .26 engines.

422HP does not say much from a 4 banger concidering the old school ford pinto 4 banger can make 600+ HP.

And it DOES NOT MATTER how much money you spend on your 4 banger... it will never make the power of what even a done up small block 351w/c based american ford V8 can make at 1200/1500HP

Some people will get this and move up to a better product... and some never will because they can't/don't want to understand. The tmaxx is very simular when compared to a Honda 4 cyl... it's for beginers/kids.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ec87792.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	18.9 KB
ID:	213503  
Old 01-11-2005, 01:34 AM
Eracer76

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

NOT ME LOL, I have yet to be beat by any peanut .12/.18 with my .26 engines.

422HP does not say much from a 4 banger concidering the old school ford pinto 4 banger can make 600+ HP.

And it DOES NOT MATTER how much money you spend on your 4 banger... it will never make the power of what even a done up small block 351w/c based american ford V8 can make at 1200/1500HP

Some people will get this and move up to a better product... and some never will because they can't/don't want to understand. The tmaxx is very simular when compared to a Honda 4 cyl... it's for beginers/kids.
Anyway.... its all fun and games.

I know my 422hp doesnt compare to some, but thats all my goal was for my car. Sure I could spend 10k plus and get more HP, or spend even more and get a car with a 1200hp V8. Ive owned many V8's in my time, a Firebird, 3 Mustangs and a Cobra to name a few.
The point I was trying to make is that 4 bangers can compete and beat some/most street driven V8's, just like some .18's can beat some .26's. Dont get me wrong, I like my big block MT's, my LST and the Savage both have .26's in them and have never been beaten by a small block, yet.......
In the end its all about how much you want to spend and how fast you want to go, there will always be someone with more money who is faster!

All I know is that Ive spent less then 32k on my car inclueding the car, engine mods, wheels and suspension, it makes 422hp, I drive it everyday when its nice outside, it gets 26mpg and can beat a 50k Z06 Corvette!

Some people will get this, and some will always be stuck in their ways of thinking V8's are better
Old 01-11-2005, 01:43 AM
The Boss

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ORIGINAL: RamSavageLST

All I know is that Ive spent less then 32k on my car inclueding the car, engine mods, wheels and suspension, it makes 422hp, I drive it everyday when its nice outside, it gets 26mpg and can beat a 50k Z06 Corvette!

Some people will get this, and some will always be stuck in their ways of thinking V8's are better
YUP!, you made your point LOL and to boot your neon must be a real chic magnet lol.

z06

racing Neon

It just seems some traxxas t maxx guys are all "bling bling" and no "ding ding"... HELLO... mic-fly J/K
Old 01-11-2005, 02:01 AM
bkmademedoit

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

YO THAT NEON IS SICK BRO!!!

post that in the drifting forum and they'll probably say the same thing but mean it.
Old 01-11-2005, 08:00 AM
bamaracer0

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Anyone that would try to compare a "Civic 4 banger" engine to a big block chev, dodge or ford must be a kid and/or does not understand engines or what power is for that matter, might want to read some books.
I wasn't referring to a real sized 1:1 4 banger, I love muscle cars, but unfortunately I am 15. I would like to get a classic muscle car when I turn 16, but I doubt it will happen. Yes, I know displacment and horsepower and torque and all that good stuff, and that any small block v8 is gonna have more power than almost any 4 banger.

My point was, your civic 4banger(TRX2.5) is able to keep up with your american V8s(.21-*)

Just clearing something up.
Old 01-11-2005, 08:12 AM
DarkSavageX

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

um so what does this all really got to do with rc. any rc mt and a real mt are very different. im sure even a new rc person could see that.[&:]

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service