Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

what to do next

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2005, 08:20 PM
WaspRacer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what to do next

OK, first let me explain my situation. I currently own two t maxxes and a factory team kit tc-3. One of myt maxx's is really beaten up with a wasp .21 engine that isn't currently working. the other is a 2.5 t maxx r0lling chassis right now. I am trying to get my wasp maxx running to use as my racing truck, but I would like to have another around to bash. Currently I have been thinking about dropping a .18 into the rolling chassis and using that for a basher. after I thought about that I got to thinking how annoying it is when the t maxx's break and that it wouldn't be much more exensive to get a savage from ultimatehobbies than an engine and electronics for the rolling chassis maxx. Now I want to know whaqt you guys would do in my position, go with a savage or a .18 t maxx? any help would be appreciated and sorry for the long post.

Bryan
Old 01-18-2005, 10:06 PM
neil.jb

Default RE: what to do next

for bashing the savage wins, unless you have a few g to put into your max to give it some durability
Old 01-19-2005, 12:56 PM
bib

Definitely get the Savage. I spent countless dollars on my t-maxx upgrading it and the thing still doesnt run. I would suggest getting a Savage for bashing and a HB Lightning stadium for racing.
Old 01-20-2005, 03:33 PM
WaspRacer

so if I do get the savage shouldI get the newest ss or just go with rtr? keep the responses coming and thanks
Old 01-20-2005, 06:03 PM
BaSh_2_tHa_mAxX
My Feedback: (1)

I havent had any experience with either but from what i can gather the t-maxx has nothing on the savage how ever the maxx is still a great truck.
Old 01-21-2005, 01:53 AM
Mako3

i have a savage .25 havent had any problems with it except my batterys make sure u dont use kirkland costco batterys they dont work for sum reason but yea i have flipped my savage so much and it is still holding together fine its by far the most durable truck ive seen and heard of. If you want something for racing the revo is hella fast my friends revo passes my savage going full speed in 2nd gear right b4 his revo shifts into his second but he is now having problems with it and it has broken quite a bit but his engine keeps cutting out at 300 degrees it obviously not running too rich cause he gets full trottle and into second fine but it cuts out either at full speed or when he brakes. Also I heard the raptor is pretty fast and almost as durable as the savage!

Mako3
Old 01-21-2005, 01:10 PM
devious1
My Feedback: (15)

i would say the raptor is as durable but the aftermarket support sucks right now for it but there is other company out there where there products work witht the raptor
Old 01-21-2005, 01:34 PM
zeeshan

by any chanve do u want to sell one .
cause ill be intrested.
Old 01-21-2005, 02:04 PM
cfetter79

Nobody's answered the SS/RTR question. I'm wondering exactly the same thing.
Old 01-21-2005, 02:36 PM
bib

SS vs RTR...
Really depends on what you like/want to do. Do you want to open a box drop in some fuel and rip out? Then RTR...
or if you like wrenching and want to build the kit yourself then SS... I personally like RTR's because I usually don't have a lot of time on my hands and I like spending it driving and bashing rather than putting the kit together. However I can totally understand the pride that would come from assembling the SS kit. Also if you get the SS kit it has more options parts included and you can buy yourself a nice radio (if you dont have one already.)
Old 01-21-2005, 06:44 PM
cfetter79

Lets try this again.... I understand the difference between RTR and SS in that one you have to assemble. Are there and PERFORMANCE/QUALITY differences between the two (besides the obvious ability for better radio/servo's in the SS)?
Old 01-21-2005, 06:56 PM
paperclipracer
My Feedback: (3)

the savage is great just a pain if something breaks or to upgrade. thats why i got rid of mine. i want something with a better lay out. like a mgt lst etc
Old 01-22-2005, 11:32 AM
devious1
My Feedback: (15)

attn zeeshan
by any chanve do u want to sell one .
cause ill be intrested.
my raptor ???
Old 01-23-2005, 06:47 PM
WaspRacer

any other imput, oh yeah, and my friend is getting a revo now.