Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

savage .21 engine problem

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2005, 12:24 AM
cleffdawg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default savage .21 engine problem

So here's my problem. I recently let my boss at work run my truck, big mistake. Well he ran it into a wheeled equivalent of a tank. This of course busted some stuff up in the front end. I figured while I have it torn down I might as well clean it up a bit. I tore the engine off and partially tore it down. I left the crank, piston, sleeve and flywheel in the engine and wiped it all down. I did take the clutch bell and shoes off and as i put it all back together as i spin the engine it clicks. I was looking on the hpi site and it said to tighten the pilot shaft???? I was wondering if this is the general consensus or what could it be and how can I fix it? Please, Please help!!!

I don't think i need a new engine. I've had it running since he crashed it and before it tore it down it didn't do this. It does sound like a spring clicking but since I don't have a pullstart anymore it can't be that. When the piston gets to TDC you can feel it kind of slip, if that makes any sense. Then when the piston gets to BDC is when i clicks. I was wondering, where the connecting rod connects to the crank, is there a spring in there? When i put that little pin back in to the connecting rod and crank is it possible i put it in backward? I would like to tear it completely down if possible but how the h*ll do you get the piston, sleeve and flywheel off?????
Old 01-22-2005, 12:27 AM
brokenstuff

Default RE: savage .21 engine problem

I JUST ASKED THAT ABOUT MY BRAND NEW .25

they say its normal must be cause mine did it before it even seen the outside
Old 01-22-2005, 12:38 AM
cleffdawg

well, mine didn't do it before and i can't figure out how to get the flywheel off. I also can't get the sleeve out if i can get these two out i should be ok.
Old 01-22-2005, 01:02 AM
brokenstuff

to remove the sleeve take a bread tie and run it through the exhaust port to the other side port and use the flywheel to push the cylinder up and remove the sleeve
Old 01-22-2005, 01:11 AM
cleffdawg

hey, that's a good idea, seems kinda obvious now that i think about it but hey thanks a lot. any idea about the crank?