Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Help me choose a new truck!!!

Old 01-25-2005, 03:44 PM
Moose114

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help me choose a new truck!!!

There are more Revos at my local tracks than anything but 1/8th & 1/10th monster trucks run in the same class so the Losi LST & Associated Monster GT are the domanant trucks in the winner circle.

I'm guessing the added displacement (.26 vs .15) is the deciding factor as much as anything else.

My question is even though the 1/8 scale trucks have more power from thier big blocks would adding an OS .18 TZ make the Revo as fast or faster than the 1/8th trucks??
The OS I'm thinking about has 2.3 HP, the same or more than the big block trucks do, since the Revo is lighter & has better suspension, the addition of the OS should put the Revo back on top.
[link=http://www.osengines.com/engines/osmg2110.html]Link to OS .18 TZ[/link]
It's got a lot of power for $179!!

What do you think???
Old 01-25-2005, 05:50 PM
raykessler

Default RE: Help me choose a new truck!!!

USE THE SEARCH BUTTON THIS TOPIC HAS BEEN BASHED TO DEATH
Old 01-25-2005, 06:44 PM
Moose114

ORIGINAL: raykessler

USE THE SEARCH BUTTON THIS TOPIC HAS BEEN BASHED TO DEATH
Actually I did a search for "OS .18TZ in Revo", it returned over 300 posts, only a couple of which had anything to do with what I searched for but didn't answer my question.
So I figured since the search sucks I'd post my own topic.
Thank you for being so helpful!!![sm=spinnyeyes.gif]
Old 01-25-2005, 06:58 PM
DarkSavageX

pick the rc tyco from toysrus. its awsome!
Old 01-25-2005, 07:42 PM
EMaxxer05

To you a helpful/honest answer. Yes. Adding that motor will definitely put you in the thick of things for the winners circle. I'm suprized they are winning in the first place with the Revo being as race-ready as it is. But yes, that motor will definitely turn some heads. I've seen it in a T-maxx... Huge difference from the 2.5...
Old 01-26-2005, 12:44 PM
BigBoyLST

just get an LST i heard they were really good racers and they are great off the track too
Old 01-27-2005, 09:34 AM
Moose114

I looked at an LST, it was impressive looking, especially the shocks!!
It also comes with a nice radio.
It's just so heavy compaired to the Revo.
Old 01-27-2005, 11:38 AM
twysted

I went through the same thing a couple weeks ago man there ar so many choices but i asked around and it seemed to me that the lst was the wise choice it comes with a great radio and servos... its fast really durable so far.... i jumped it off the loading dock at work and it landed without a scratch.... i have rolled it flipped it over all on asphalt and the only thing damaged so far is the body which took a pretty bad beating so i cannot wait to get my new one from sebairbrush but yeah i would recommend the lst.... like all trucks its not perfect but pretty close.....
Old 01-27-2005, 11:56 AM
Pinolelst

Not sure how the Revos drivetrain will handle the extra power but IMHO yes you would be faster with the .18 and no doubt as fast or faster than the LST in stock form.Now if the LST's start upgrading motors the tide may change again
Old 01-27-2005, 04:25 PM
Mako3

I would recommend either an lst or savage or if u wanna check out the new savage ss 4.6 kit.
Hey yea heres a site with lots of info: http://forums.radiocontrolzone.com/p...d.php?t=186595 heres a forum topic on it http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_25...tm.htm#2516297 oh and here is another this one prettys good it was the first topic in our forum about this new beast: http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_25...tm.htm#2514448

Mako3
Old 01-27-2005, 05:34 PM
waz1111

Yep, I'd reccomend getting the Savage 4.6. I've just ordered myself one over a Revo.

Thanks
Old 01-27-2005, 05:46 PM
Jammin_Lee

if your going to be racing alot i would get a tnx its faster than the revo and already has the .18 and wins alot of big races
Old 01-27-2005, 06:12 PM
chris89

lst[8D]
Old 01-27-2005, 08:08 PM
Jammin_Lee

tnx is way cheaper and pry a little bit better racer IMO
Old 01-27-2005, 08:43 PM
spokman
My Feedback: (2)

That LST has spindly looking A Arms.. People are having them break a lot. Guess I'm kinda dissapointed as my XXX-NT breaks a lot also.. Can you say parts profits..
Old 01-27-2005, 09:30 PM
Moose114

I talked to the owner of one of the LHS, he owns a LST & said he wished he'd gotten a Revo instead, His has broken a few times & he said he's always got a couple of LST's in for repairs, he also said he rarely gets a Revo in for repairs.
He also expects the Revo will be supported by the aftermarket as well if not better than the T-Maxx is.

For all you offering to sell me your truck, thanks but no thanks!!
No offence & I'm certanly not saying any of you are like this but there are just too many scams going on for me to buy something over the internet from someone I don't know!!
I also don't want a used truck, too many things that can be screwed up.
I'll be buying new from a hobby shop, either local or on line, using my credit card protects me from getting screwed by a company!
Old 01-27-2005, 09:52 PM
Jammin_Lee

dude a revo is slow the engine isnt fast for a 1/8 scale truck the revos radio and electronics bite the only really good thing about it is the suspension trust me the revo dont win many races around here go with a tnx, lst, or a gt
Old 01-28-2005, 01:13 AM
EG1

How about a Lightning Stadium Pro? If you want to win truggy's seem to be hard to beat. A savage is not a racer, given equal drivers it will be tough to compete with other trucks around a race track. The new 4.6 will not make the savage a racer, probably be worse off than the 25 on a tight track. Of coarse people are gonna hate that I just said that but this coming from a savage owner so...
Old 01-28-2005, 02:01 AM
LSTGUY

ORIGINAL: spokman

That LST has spindly looking A Arms.. People are having them break a lot. Guess I'm kinda dissapointed as my XXX-NT breaks a lot also.. Can you say parts profits..

I have broke a-arms once. So did my one friends savage. So did my other friends savage. Oh ya, my buddies mammoth broke some too. Oh ya, and my friends Revo busted one as well. Get it? If you bash your truck, you WILL relpace parts. Doesn't matter what truck you have. I am completely satisfied with my purchase....
Old 01-28-2005, 02:05 AM
rscharp

ORIGINAL: EG1

How about a Lightning Stadium Pro? If you want to win truggy's seem to be hard to beat. A savage is not a racer, given equal drivers it will be tough to compete with other trucks around a race track. The new 4.6 will not make the savage a racer, probably be worse off than the 25 on a tight track. Of coarse people are gonna hate that I just said that but this coming from a savage owner so...
You ever race a savage? I think they race just fine at the novice/sportsman level of competition. Throw some bowties and the new cam servo saver, you have a decent racer that is probably one of the toughest trucks out there. Want more? Lower CG TVPs and your handling will increase two-fold. More? You can't handle more. [>:]

Savage is a great all-around truck. People have given it a bad rap as a racer, leaving the newbies to write it off when they are looking at trucks. When and why did this happen? Oh well, easier pickin' at my track