Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

Dirt Burners Points series #2/Race #2

Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Dirt Burners Points series #2/Race #2

Old 02-06-2005, 07:10 PM
ThermalRD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dirt Burners Points series #2/Race #2

Ok guys, i figured id fill you in, since NONE of you made it to the races. I gotta say, going into todays races i royally expected to get stomped. Jake had told me that Kevin had FIVE laps on the field last race. So i had some competition! I also found out that Ed was also running a TZ in his revo. So the competition was STIFF!!! These revos were seriously powered, and modified. Firs qualifier went pretty smooth, i believe it was Justin that took 1st. I came in 2nd. 2nd qualifier came around, and i did my thing. I set TQ that round of qualifying, and put myself into the 1st place spot for the A-main. Well, Kevin and Justin came back strong in the 3rd qualifier. They BOTH pushed me back! Ouch! So that set the pace. I was starting the A-main in the 3rd place spot. I set out with the goal to not make ANY mistakes. I did this really well. Justin had 1st place for a few minutes. I took it from him, and kept it for quite a while. We fought back and forth for 1st, and 2nd most of the race. At less than the 1 minute mark i was blasting down the straight when something awful happened. Well, the guy that usually runs a savage with komodos, is now running a revo. That same guy took the triple really bad, and landed DEAD center in front of me. I swear to god, i saw dust explode off the truck when i hit it. I was in shock... Like WTH just happened. I was kicking butt, and then whammmmmmmoooooo..... That was the last lap i would be taking. I thought i was going to be able to finish the race, but i was wrong. I noticed my truck pulling badly, and i had them shut it down. It appears my only damage is an upper suspension arm. The guy running the Revo looked pissed, really pissed. His day was over! After that hit, John the race director announced to me that it didnt matter anyway. I had soo many laps on the field, i was still guaranteed 2nd place. I was soo happy to hear that. I had no idea i was going that fast. Today was easily the most exciting race i've run at DB's. I ran it the whole day with the LST, and the GIANT XTM tires and wheels. After looking at the race results, i realized that Justin had 5 laps on the 3rd place, and i had 3 laps. It was a VERY good race day! Scott, SandAr, Gabe, Brett, you need to get out here again! Jake you need to get well buddy, and get back to the races. Thats my update!
Old 02-06-2005, 07:15 PM
bamaracer0

Default RE: Dirt Burners Points series #2/Race #2

Sounds like a lot of fun. I always love to hear stories about the savage guy
Old 02-06-2005, 08:40 PM
IslandSavage

Everyone down here runs a REVO...There was a state race down here and from what i heard everyone was running a REVO except one guy...and he was running a T-MAXX...lol..ool....There great racers..but im just tired of seeing them everywhere..there becoming the Honda civics of R/C..lol...lol... I like to see a variety of MT's in a race... not 10 guys all running REVOS...
Old 02-06-2005, 08:42 PM
bamaracer0

Same here, I went to a race last year and everyone had revos. There were about 8 running including m, but I had to go early, because I broke a driveshaft and the shop didnt have any.
Old 02-06-2005, 09:18 PM
ThermalRD

Well, the Traxxas following is insane. The number of Revos that show up at the races are insane. Its just an excellent truck, thats all there is to it. Seems like i was up against mostly Revos, savages, mammoths, LST's, and maxx trucks today. Occasionally some MGT owners show up. The Revo and the LST are by far the fastest growing MT crowd though. I know i was asked MANY times today about my Revo. "Matt, why arent you racing the Revo anymore?". Simple answer! I have more than one truck, and i want to use them all. The LST, and Revo are my current favorite MT's. They both really shine when it comes to racing. But this points series, im running the LST.
Old 02-06-2005, 09:23 PM
IslandSavage

I understand that.. I want to race both my buggies, and my trucks... for points im going with the MBX5/MGT....but i like playing with all my r/c's
Old 02-06-2005, 10:07 PM
bamaracer0

I wish I had more than one RC

I hope I win that RCCA buggy blitz sweepstakes
Old 02-06-2005, 10:27 PM
IslandSavage

lol...I think i see another MT in my future.... i wish they mad more MT kits... I already have a SAVAGE25 so the HPI kit is out the question...Im looking at the LST,REVO, or TNX, to add to the table..lol.....Just being hopefull these companies make KITS.... I never use the stock radio/engine..and i already have the JR XS3 the LST comes with... Im paying extra for things i dont need..lo...
Old 02-06-2005, 10:38 PM
bamaracer0

Go to ebay, theres plenty of people buying revos and taking them apart and selling the parts [8D]
Old 02-07-2005, 11:45 AM
binaryterror

Awesome Matt...sounds like you showed them what your LST has in it.

Sorry to hear it ended on a down note, but still breaking an arm is actually a PLUS with the past history of your LST and DB's.

Sorry I was unable to attend...went to the hospital 2 times yesterday...yikes. I'm alot better today but no Revo running...need to be a little more healthy.

I was thinking Thursday after work or maybe Friday would work..I definately plan to run in the Points Series this Sunday the 13th...Gabe said hee'll be there...its obviously not 100% yet, but I will keep bugging Gabe for sure.
Old 02-07-2005, 12:10 PM
IslandSavage

How much does the LST weight? I was told more than the MGT.......
Old 02-07-2005, 12:14 PM
IslandSavage

I just looked on the MT guide and it says the LST weights 13lbs...[X(]... People here told me not to race my MGT cause it weights so much i'll be at a huge disadvantage, but it seems it weights less than the LST(1lb) and thats a good racing platform...hmmmmm
Old 02-07-2005, 01:36 PM
ThermalRD

Both are wrong. I weighed my bone stock LST in at 12.2lbs. With my HD parts, and my XTM large series tires, and Hi capacity fuel tank, id bet its real close to 13lbs now. Maybe more. Which brings up a good point, i'll weigh it after i clean it up. As for the MGT??? Give me a break. Our local Pro driver Allen Horne will put a serious hurtin to any MT on our track with his MGT. When i had my MGT with stock tires, and stock power, i had NO problem on the track. In fact, i only tuned the suspension, and loved the truck on the track. With tires, im sure it would be a serious competitor. Race whatever you have. If you are a good enough driver, you'll still win.

Jake! You missed one AWESOME race! We've gotta get our group back together for these races.
ORIGINAL: IslandSavage

I just looked on the MT guide and it says the LST weights 13lbs...[X(]... People here told me not to race my MGT cause it weights so much i'll be at a huge disadvantage, but it seems it weights less than the LST(1lb) and thats a good racing platform...hmmmmm
Old 02-07-2005, 01:48 PM
ThermalRD

Oh, and heres the damage from my LST. Atleast its all i found soo far. I would not be the least surprised to find some other cracked parts. It was such a hard hit.
Old 02-07-2005, 02:04 PM
jammin112

hay thermalrd was there any body running unlimited MT sunday
Old 02-07-2005, 03:01 PM
ThermalRD

Yes, and no. Ed told me there were two entries into unlimited. One was a mammoth. I didnt see the other. If i was racing it, then i didnt notice it. They didnt bother seperating them because there were only two. I imagine if they get about 5 or more, then they MIGHT stick to the new rule about truggies.

ORIGINAL: jammin112

hay thermalrd was there any body running unlimited MT sunday
Old 02-07-2005, 05:37 PM
IslandSavage

I plan on throwing bowties on my MGT for racing.....just waiting on the HEX adapters from proline...[:@]