Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

T-Maxx or Mad Force???

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2005, 12:27 AM
86RedRocket

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default T-Maxx or Mad Force???

I'm looking at buying a Traxxas T-Maxx or a Kyosho Mad Force 21. They both run about the same price from what I've seen. I'm mainly going to do recreational running. I may get into the racing scene since they have a seperate class for monster trucks. I'm big on the straight line speed too. Does the Mad Force have a lot of body roll or dive bad into the corners? I was watching a Revo run and was noticing that it had a bad tendency to do that. I was wondering how they compared and which would be a better choice. I met a guy that had a mad force that said he would sell me his Mad Force for $250 w/an extra set of tires. It supposedly has only had about 3 tanks ran through it. Thanks for any help/info. that could be given.
Old 02-07-2005, 12:54 AM
UKownsU

Default RE: T-Maxx or Mad Force???

I do not like the fact that the Mad Force gets on its back wheels so easily, some do. That is up to you.
Old 02-07-2005, 02:58 AM
The Boss

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The madforce is definitaly a more unique kit to own, I have seen them running on our club/park 8scale tracks in the past and I was suprized how well they handled in the turns for the type of design they are.
Old 02-07-2005, 10:27 PM
ETdesign

I have both of those trucks plus a few more. The Mad Force is quite unique! I like it because it is the closest to the real thing. Mine does have a tendency to break alot. I have to upgrade the dog bones in the front. They bind then snap the ends off. My tmaxx is pretty reliable. I just did a Dynamite .25 conversion and I love it. I had it in about 5" of snow over the weekend for about 3 hours of non stop play. I had a blast!!! I had the MF out for about 2 tanks of fuel and the dog bones bound up and snapped. I love them all! Each truck had it's own little demons that tend to break, but after a while you know what to expect. My collection includes 2 maxxes (1 Dynamite .21 conversion), Revo, Mad Force, TC3, Kyosho Inferno, Losi LST, Savage w/ Picco .26 and I'm in the process of building a Trex 450 Hellicopter. Whew... Too many toys and not enough time to run all of them... :<
Old 02-07-2005, 11:24 PM
86RedRocket

Sounds like you would have a hard time deciding on which one to use. Thanks for vital info. I think I may have made my final decision from that post. Does your t-maxx have a lot of body roll and front end diving like the revo does? I watched a revo run this past weekend and was somewhat disappointed in how it handled in corners. Thanks for the info.
Old 02-07-2005, 11:26 PM
rscharp

ORIGINAL: 86RedRocket

Sounds like you would have a hard time deciding on which one to use. Thanks for vital info. I think I may have made my final decision from that post. Does your t-maxx have a lot of body roll and front end diving like the revo does? I watched a revo run this past weekend and was somewhat disappointed in how it handled in corners. Thanks for the info.
What Revo were you watching? They are some of the best handling MTs out there. If anything Kyosho's trucks don't handle well. They are bouncy and need some major work on the suspension to get them to handle well.
Old 02-08-2005, 01:53 PM
lloydy

i would got for the Maxx if your going to race. The MF however is the best for bashing. BTW they upgraded the dogbones a while ago on all new cars, and ive never borken anything
Old 02-08-2005, 02:32 PM
86RedRocket

Thanks for the help everyone. I ordered my t-maxx earlier today.
Old 02-09-2005, 05:41 AM
lloydy

ORIGINAL: 86RedRocket

Thanks for the help everyone. I ordered my t-maxx earlier today.

Doh, [:@]
Old 02-09-2005, 10:22 AM
original.mb

should have been a Madforce oh well it is your choice i hope u enjoy

peace
chad.

p.s- madforce is as close as u can get to a real scaled MT. those swing axles are awesome
Old 02-11-2005, 09:35 AM
jkrustchinsky
Banned
My Feedback: (7)

Im ordering my mad force this week everyone, i love the solid axles and they are supposed to be indestructable or at least close to it. peace out and have fun with you maxx
Old 02-12-2005, 10:38 AM
Wile E. Coyote

Yes, sorry you've gone with maxx, Mad Force is the funniest truck to drive on the market, great performer and just unbreakable..
anyway hope you enjoy your maxx
Old 02-12-2005, 06:54 PM
BaSh_2_tHa_mAxX
My Feedback: (1)

I think youll enjoy your t-maxx. I own one the only problems you might encounter are an iffy touchy hot engine (2.5) and well im not sure if this happens to anyone else but the hex heads of my screws keep stripping so i got a megatech replacement phillips head set. The 2.5 is a fun fast reliable truck.
Old 02-12-2005, 11:20 PM
RC RAC3R

IF you are going to RACE.. the MAD FORCE is NOT, NOT THE WAY TO GO because of the solid axle..its tipsy.. its unsturdy, lots of rollovers.. thats what i have heard people complain about.. but i love the chain drive features.. i wish i could just buy a bunch of trucks and try em all.. lol