Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

Genesis Engine Configurations???

Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Genesis Engine Configurations???

Old 02-16-2005, 07:17 PM
devious1
My Feedback: (15)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Genesis Engine Configurations???

Alright i have been contemplating the fact of getting a genesis for a short period of time and i was on the curiousity aspect of wheather or not anyone has tried to drop either a .70 or bigger engine in a genesis if yes how did it work???

The other question does anyone that has a genesis or has seen one in person seen if there is room to drop twin bigblocks in the genesis? has anyone attemted to drop twin rigs in a genesis?
and for the other question is how did it run?
or would you just recommend dropping another .46 in it instead of anything else? if so the reosoning for the keeping the .46.

it seems like the ek4 does really well for speed and torque with either the .70 or .90 in it with a 2 speed tranny. thats why i was wondering if it would be equal to a setup like that with a 3 speed.. any help would be greatlly appreciated thx
Old 02-16-2005, 07:19 PM
DarkSavageX

Default RE: Genesis Engine Configurations???

iv seen it at a shop and their is quit and bit of room it looked like. they could fit some how
Old 02-16-2005, 07:27 PM
devious1

my whole reasoning for this is you can pick up rollers on ebay for under 3 bills without engine and servo's and a radio at least i believe without radio.. if that is the case that gives you the next closest things to a kit for a genesis to pretty much set it up how you want with servos and an engine i already have a radio and the things needed for the radio but you could drop couple torque monster servos in there and carry prettymuch any tire turning and breaking combination possable to run in it for close to as much as a rtr genesis i think ? dont quete me on it though but the factor of having to set up everything yourself would be sweet. .
along with possable having more power out of it than the .46 the other option would be could you fit an actual gas motor in it (just thought of it) [&:]
Old 02-16-2005, 11:07 PM
bustergonad

I don't know about putting a .70 or a .90 in the gen but I do know that you can't just drop another .46 into it. You would have to do some major modification to get it to work. As it sits now the motor takes up 3/4 of the available space in the "engine bay" also the configuration is all wrong to add a second motor since the tranny sits off to one side of the "engine bay" I'm not saying it can't be done but I would think that you would have to be very good at fabricating parts to get it to work.
Hope that helps,
Buster
Old 02-17-2005, 02:26 AM
Groundforce-RCU
My Feedback: (20)

I just happen to have the engine out of mine. Heres what it looks like

Old 02-17-2005, 01:07 PM
devious1

bustergonad I do know that you can't just drop another .46 into it.
im not understanding how it would be hard to drop another .46 in there cause it came with one anyhow its a direct fit with the stock one and i have seen others with the hot bodies .46 in there what the differance is I dont know havent seen let alone compared the 2 .46's

Bustergonad why wouldnt you consider a .70 or even a .90 from a ek4 kit the rpm seem high enough to work with it. the question is is the torque that much higher in those motors over he .46?i know the hp's arent going to be as high.. or would you just kinda gind everything together with it?

hey groundforce how easy is it to pull the engine in and out of the genny? and figurativly speaking how much room is on the sides of the engine with it in? just curious thx
Old 02-19-2005, 11:50 PM
bustergonad

Sorry, I misread your initial post. You can drop a different .46 in, but why would you?? Then Gen engine was designed for a truck and is not just a re-worked heli engine. In my post I was trying to say you could not have 2 x .46 engines, not enough room.

Buster
Old 02-20-2005, 09:59 AM
Groundforce-RCU

The engine isnt bad at all to get off, a ball end driver is all you need. There isnt as much room as that picture looks, the engine sits right up against the frame on the one side, the fuel tank takes up most of the other, maybe you can see from this photo

Old 02-20-2005, 03:00 PM
Salty0790

it might be possible. and would be frikin awesome if someone could pull it off. i dont know anything about the genesis, but whoever tries this project has my support!
Old 02-20-2005, 07:04 PM
devious1

sorry buster we both misunderstood each other i was thinking about trying to possably dropping in 2, .28's or even the .30 if there isnt a size differance between the .28 and the .30 but thats if would have enough room for 2 of those? it doesnt look like there is a whole lot of room but i havent seen the .46 to see if there is a serious size differance between a .28 or a .46. having 2 of either the .28 or .30 would be freaking awsome [&:] i wounder if it could be done?
Old 02-21-2005, 07:18 PM
wadesie93
My Feedback: (11)

I still think it would take a ton of room that doesnt exist without MAJOR fabrication. There is a size difference but I dont think enough. I just got a used genesis and I dont think the engine was broke in correctly. I am not impressed with the power I have. Got it tuned pretty good and there is no where near "Whellie" power there. I too am very interested in engine options for the genesis. I was thinking 4 stroke but I know nothing about them to know if any puts out enough power.
Old 02-21-2005, 10:36 PM
paedbo
My Feedback: (2)

You put the locker block in that genesis? you wont get wheelies without it in the center diff, when you go to take off full throttle the front lifts off the ground alittle and the center diff spider gears redirects powers from the wheels with most grip to the wheels with the least grip. ( back to front), i cant see how its not pulling wheelies, its very cold where i live so im running it a bit rich until the weather warms up and it can easily pull the front wheels off the ground when the locker block is installed.
Old 02-22-2005, 08:01 AM
wadesie93

I am very new to this truck what does this mean
You put the locker block in that genesis?
Old 02-22-2005, 08:05 AM
Groundforce-RCU

The older Genesis's came with this block installed in the center diff. It led to wear on the drivecups, so the factory included them in the box, instead of pre installed in the diff.
Heres what it looks like

Reason for edit , added picture
Old 02-22-2005, 09:08 AM
wadesie93

Is there a part # for that kit. I think I have no idea what version this truck is so I dont know if it is there or not.
Old 02-22-2005, 12:33 PM
Groundforce-RCU

Yup part #GS013 called a centre-lock
Old 02-22-2005, 04:12 PM
devious1

so other than that probably my best bet to start with would probably be one with the regular .46? figurativly speaking [&:]
Old 02-22-2005, 04:26 PM
Groundforce-RCU

I would..to start anyways..then later you could always try something different
Old 02-22-2005, 11:44 PM
paedbo
My Feedback: (2)

wadsie, you can test the truck to see if the center diff lock is installed already, i know you bought the truck used, but take the truck put it on the ground, lift the front two tires off the ground with your hands, and start turning both front tires at the same time in the same direction, if the truck moves and the back tires turn at the same speed as the front tires then the lock block is already installed, if the rear wheels dont turn at the same rate as both front tires , and instead the gearbox/ spur gears try to turn by themselves, then the locker block is not installed.

If its not installed maybe you can ask the original seller if they still have the part, with third generation genesis's they come in alittle baggy as shown in one of the pics on the thread, in older genesis's the lock block was already installed in the vehicle, remember it takes quite a bit of dissassembly of the vehicle to install the lock block,

i had to basically pull the rear end of the truck, pull the engine, then loosened one of the side plate screws so i cold slide the gear box out of the genesis ( the third gear cover is a pain because it peeks through a hole in the side plate and wont allow you to slide it out. Dont break the reverse/forward gear hooked up to the servo when removing it, when you go to loosen the screw on the servo if your not holding the rod the counterclockwise motion will put pressure on the shifting lever and snap it right off ( i read this somewhere just before i went to dissassemble mine and stupid me forgot about it and broke the shift lever! grrr)

You might not have to pull the rear end off the truck, but i had super lock tited the grub screws in the drive shaft and i would basically have to heat them to get it loose so i figured i would just pull the rear end and engine and slide the telescopic front driveshaft off to make it easier than fighting with screws.
Old 02-23-2005, 01:45 AM
devious1

grr i didnt want to do that but i guess i am going to have to i am getting rid of my my raptor to pick this one up it seems to have more of an aftermarket support for the gen than the raptor is the main reason love the raptor but if i can tweak build and mod its no good to me other than just a runner theres no tracks near me anyhow other than my golf course i terrorize with people on golf carts lol[&:] so i figure why not go for it. it will give me something to do till i see all of what the guinea pig's have to say about the warhead...
Old 02-23-2005, 08:05 AM
wadesie93

paedbo, Thanks You for the advice.

devious1, Have you found alot of aftermarket sites for the genesis? If so can you post some links and for that matter anyone else that has links to genesis Hop-Ups lets see um.
Old 02-23-2005, 09:39 AM
Groundforce-RCU

http://www.neweramodels.com/prod72_cen_genesis.htm
http://www.racinghardcore.com/
http://www.reichardracing.com/rc_parts.php
Old 02-24-2005, 07:47 PM
Orlando69

Interesting
Old 02-25-2005, 01:36 PM
devious1

hey orlando what is you speculation on this configuration?? you have had your genny a while i believe, is it possable? for an experiment or just stick with the .46 for now then experiment as time goes on.
Old 02-26-2005, 10:19 PM
Orlando69

Two engines?? All things are possible and unless you want to spend ALOT of time (ALOT OF TIME) I would rather do somthing els. If you instead tried to put a .70 or a .90 in the Genesis this would be a more simple project compared to trying to put two engines into this sassy chassis. My question would be about gearing and RPM's of the engine you may install in the Genesis if it was a larger displacement engine. I would also worry about the parts (driveline) of the Genesis handling the torque of the larger engine too. Remember, the Genesis engine is already 5Hp and more torque than you can shake a stick at! LOL
If you do it,, tell us about it!!! Peace "O"

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.