Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

The definative LSP upgrade/mod/hopup list

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

The definative LSP upgrade/mod/hopup list

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2005, 08:16 AM
neo1969

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The definative LSP upgrade/mod/hopup list

OK, I have got myself a Lightning Stadium Pro. I have heard of differnt upgrades/mods etc but would like to make a list as to what to do and also what to use? Is the stock suspension up to bashing etc. And if I were to add a faster engine what are the necessary mods that need to be done?Can anyone help me here. Is there a mod to make the chassis stiffer and what do i use? Any other mods will be greatly appreciated. Cheers all
Old 02-26-2005, 12:28 PM
crazychris7

Default RE: The definative LSP upgrade/mod/hopup list

Well first mods would be: a higer tourque metal gear servo (HiTec 645MG), wheels and tires, a pipe (THS or Jammin JP-1) and if you do a motor swap, a novarossi .28 does the job quite nicely. I will be putting a Collari .30 in my RR soon and I'll let all you guys know how that goes when I have ran it a bit.

Chris
Old 02-26-2005, 01:06 PM
neo1969

Thanks for that crazychris7. I have 2 new servos on their way, plus im thinking of putting this [link=http://www.rbproducts.com/mainEn.php?part=Products&AR_Stat04=RB%20CONCEPT&GProduit=01900-000122]RB[/link] engine in the LSP. My main concern is wether the chassis is up to the power of a faster engine.
Old 02-26-2005, 01:23 PM
neo1969

Although im also considering an RB C5 buggy engine. I really dont know which one has the most to offer?????
ORIGINAL: neo1969

Thanks for that crazychris7. I have 2 new servos on their way, plus im thinking of putting this [link=http://www.rbproducts.com/mainEn.php?part=Products&AR_Stat04=RB%20CONCEPT&GProduit=01900-000122]RB[/link] engine in the LSP. My main concern is wether the chassis is up to the power of a faster engine.
Old 02-26-2005, 09:04 PM
hybridstone

NEON1969 lsp fever is spreading!I myself and 4 other's are running them at our track I found the monster blocks work better in this truggy I tried a rb w7II it was good but then along came the top 28 and it's nut's clearing the triples everytime, there is a HUGE lsp forum over at rc car action all you answers+pics are there. later
Old 02-26-2005, 11:28 PM
sjm
My Feedback: (8)

Can you post a link to that forum? The only one I found there is for Lightning buggies.
Old 02-27-2005, 12:07 AM
crazychris7

The RB would be a great engine for this truck! A word from the wose about bigger engines in these trucks... pay alot of attention to your drivetrain... Shafts will break when you up the power. Also Redo the shock/diff oils make the truck more to your liking rather than the bland neutral setup it comes with. I run 50<40 on my shocks and 3<5<1 for my diffs.. makes it run like a buggy almost. I will break them apart again and redo them for a thicker oils, probly 5<10<3, but thats requires work and im not really up to that right now, plus it runs great as is. Its all about finding your sweet spot on this truck... the setup that will really open your eyes to the performance of this truck.

Chris
Old 02-27-2005, 04:41 PM
bib

Anyone have xp running a wasp .26 or wasp .28 in their Lightning stadium?
I am looking to bump the rtr engine soon but I am more concerned with ease of use/tuning than power. Any input would be greatly appreciated.
CrazyChris have you had any problems with the plastic suspension holders on your RR? I broke one a couple weeks ago and put a new one on Friday. I took it out for bashing today and I broke it again??
Not that big of a deal since I have spares but was begining to wonder if the aluminum upgrade is Actually worth it for this part? Also have you had any luck finding the plastic suspension arms? Ive been looking around for a while and have had no luck

Thanks,
Old 02-27-2005, 07:10 PM
crazychris7

Bib.. haha my RR is still on the bench getting worked on.. front shafts... but i havent broken any on it in the like 8 tanks thru it hahahaha but i see no reason to really go to alum, but i havent broken the part either so it might be a good thing to do. Theres people running the pros here using the rossi 28 and have had little to no probs with it, seems to have great power and is a beast in these trucks! also the peak racing diablo .28 is a great engine to drop in as well, theyre relitively easy to tune and work on so thatd be a option as well. Im going to more than likely put a collari .30 in the rr when it gets slow to me so I'll let you guys know how that works out as well.

Chris
Old 02-28-2005, 03:46 AM
sjm
My Feedback: (8)

Yep I have the Wasp.28 in mine. it still is breakin in but it is awesome.
Old 02-28-2005, 11:33 AM
bib

nice
Thanks for the info - SJM keep us posted on the wasp .28 is workign out.

Are you guys still running the stock CB or have you increased the teeth?
I got a ofna harndened 15 tooth cb in my toolbox, just no time to work on it right now.
I had my truck yesterday ripping around I would guess my top speed was around 30-35 (stock gearing) Could probably lean it out a bit since the temp was about 85 but didnt really feel like messing with the needles, just wanted to bash!
Collari .30 is going to be sick I bet, def let us know how that turns out. fyi - I just got a camcorder so I will try to make some vids over next couple weeks and post.
Old 02-28-2005, 11:06 PM
hybridstone

SJM just go into nitro monster trucks and u will see the lsp thread.
Old 03-01-2005, 11:53 PM
crazychris7

Oh yea.. a wing is a big plus

Chris
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Qo40246.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	65.7 KB
ID:	236864   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lj21464.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	64.6 KB
ID:	236865   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rp44099.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	58.0 KB
ID:	236866  
Old 03-02-2005, 12:03 AM
ThunderbirdJunkie
My Feedback: (3)

that sucker looks MEAN.
Old 03-02-2005, 03:45 PM
hybridstone

I'm hearing the collari 30 is not that great? [&o] some info at rcca forum
Old 03-02-2005, 04:15 PM
crazychris7

Well with any new engine, theres good and bad responses. I went in and ordered a Wasp .28 and a mod Rossi .28 for the trucks (rossi in the pro, wasp in the RR) Just to kinda get a feel between the two. The collari .30 is on my list, but .30s are illegal to ROAR race with right now, so I didnt order it yet. Will be in along with some other toys for them.. Anyone been having probs with the stock radios? The reversing switgches went out on me so I had to get something else for the trucks. I picked up a Airtronics MX-3S today and another synthisized reciver so I have both trucks on one remote. Pretty nice radio and for the price i paid... well worth it. If i have to run both trucks at the same time, I'll put the JR XR3i i have for my stadium maxx with a regfm reciver in and go play... but i doubt ill let anyone else have some fun with these trucks.. I highly recomend this radio.. has everything you'll ever need and you can change freq w/o turning on the radio so that makes it a lil easier. So I'll let you guys know when my LHS gets the rest of my $1350 order Man I love my CC rates..

Chris