Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is this engine the SH.28

https://www.ssl-stormerhobbies.com/c...l?pn=XTM147012

im just wondering is this engine the Sh.28
Old 02-27-2005, 02:54 AM
gagt2nv

Default RE: Is this engine the SH.28

NOT TO SAY FOR PERFECT SURENESS - BUT I DONT THINK SO. IF IT IS I HAVE SEEN EM CHEAPER THAN THAT. AND IN MY RC DRIVER MAG THAT I GOT THEY DYNOED THE SH.28 AND IT HAD 1.22 I THINK HP AT 20500. ME MYSELF I HAVE A WEDDING TO PAY FOR, BUT AFTER THAT I AM GETTING A MGT WITH A COLLARI .30 THE COLL. IS ONLY 209.95 SO FOR THE EXTRA TEN BUX I WOULD GET THAT, PLUS I HAVE HEARD THAT IT IS MUCH MORE RELIABLE. BUT IM NOT TRYING TO SELL YOU ON IT, JUST THROWING IDEAS OUT THERE. BUT I DONT THINK IT IS.

MIKE
Old 02-27-2005, 03:28 AM
Vintage_Duff

i thought it might ne the SH.28 cause SH made the xtm 24.7 and SH and XTM makes motors together
i also have seen them for cheaper $120

plus there is no roto for the .30 and i have not seen or heard of a review

and the roto works on the SH when u use the 24,7pro back plate
Old 02-27-2005, 04:25 AM
Groundforce-RCU
My Feedback: (20)

Seems lots of guys have been getting the SH 28 from here rcmodel.com.hk
Old 02-27-2005, 04:47 AM
gagt2nv

ya got good points there. you know now that i think about it, i actually think it might be. cuz i did read a post that said xtm and sh and some other company are in kahootz with making motors with each other. so you know what it very well may be the sh.28 Doesnt thundertiger make a tiger drive for the collari? anyways i have been researching since i posted and i might get one of them superchargers they look pretty cool. but yeah you brought up good points but i would still double check with stormer. nothing like getting the wrong **** in the mail.

Mike
Old 02-28-2005, 12:13 AM
Frost_
My Feedback: (1)

The XTM part # maybe XTM's 1/7th scale buggy engine part#.... which is an SH28. And as said, SH makes XTM's engines so....

I ran an SH28 for about 3 gallons, SERIOUSLY strong... it's out for porting and to make way for the Collari 30. I am a roto-start guy, but after the fact that it started on the first tug once primed EVERY TIME, there just was no point in changing it. Lots of others have the same experience with this, 1 pull... I have never had an easier engine to start and tune. I really can't say enough good about it, it is strong.

In my Savage with top-end gearing (18/49) it will easily wheelie from a roll and pops the front end up at the gear change to second every other time or so. I started off with a hot OS plug (#8 or A3) and 20% O'Donnell Race fuel, and switched over to 30% O'Donnell Race (wow what a difference) and a medium heat range plug and it SCREAMS. This has been one of my favorite engines.
Old 02-28-2005, 12:59 AM
Vintage_Duff

Seems lots of guys have been getting the SH 28 from here rcmodel.com.hk
thats where i got mine cause it was $120

also gagt2nv i highly recommend that u dont get a supercharger cause i does not benefit the car in noway

ill ask u a question" if there where 2 stroke superchargers wouldnt most road/dirt 2stroke bike have superchargers"
Answer: No cause the laws of a supercharger will not work on a 2stroke cause 2strokes already produce high RPM

depending wat truck u got buy a better pipe or engine or beef up the drive train