Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

how fast is the ofna dominator?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

how fast is the ofna dominator?

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2005, 12:09 PM
kylebrowneye

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how fast is the ofna dominator?

hey i was on the ofna webpage and saw how many people have the ofna truggy type trucks and was curiose about the kind of top speed those things have because i think they look cool and the probably handle like buggies. if anyone has a dominator or the monster pirate, how are they, are they durable, and do they handle like buggies.

pictures please
Old 03-05-2005, 03:18 PM
FlyingV77

Default RE: how fast is the ofna dominator?

i dont have an answer to your question, wish i did. but i am curious about something. if you want something as fast as a buggy, and handles like a buggy, why not get a buggy?
Old 03-05-2005, 05:44 PM
hybridstone

THE DOM/PIRATE DESIGN GOES WAAAAAAAAAAAAY BACK TO 1998 WHY!!! would you want a dinousar WHEN you could get a HOT BODIES LSP? OR GSRACING SUTPRO? I have owned dominators highly modded with everything you can do. TRUST ME on modern tech!!
Old 03-05-2005, 09:13 PM
kylebrowneye

well i dont want a buggy because i like the look of the truggy type truck and buggies lack ground clearance. i cant get the LSP because i dont have too muck $$$ to spend. i would love to get one though. and if i did purchase one of those trucks, i would go for the GT, or if i found some cash on the ground or wone some contest, the GTX2, the new version with TWO ENGINES!! and EIGHT SHOCKS!!!
Old 03-05-2005, 09:48 PM
hybridstone

THE DOM is a truggy so is the gs storm( SUT) and hot bodies LS you can get a gs storm sut=storm unlimited truck for the same price as a dom + the sut is waaay more durable than the dom/pirate. check out ebay lots for sale. p.s were did i say buggy? below is a picture of a gs storm sut truggy
Old 03-05-2005, 09:52 PM
hybridstone

Old 03-05-2005, 11:48 PM
2DMaxLST!!

That is a damn good looking truck you got there.
Old 03-06-2005, 12:21 AM
ElectronJunk

KYLEBROWNEYE

I have a Domionator with a WASP .28 engine and it is extremely fast (In my opinion), but it does not handle like a buggy, it handles like a truck. Durability, it was very durable until I put the WASP .28 in it. Now the truck is beating up drive train components and with the higher speeds the crashes are more destructive. My truck runs just over 40 mph. You might consider the the newer OFNA Blazer ST, and stick to running the stadium truck tires instead of the large truck tires. (it comes with both) you will break allot less parts running the smaller tires, and it will handle better as well. Just something to consider.
Old 03-06-2005, 03:16 AM
Mako3

Hey quickquestion, is the Traxxas Revo considerd to be a truggy, studium truck, or MT. Everyone says its an MT but its hella tiny, its like the size of an hpi mt2.

thanks,
Mako3
Old 03-06-2005, 04:42 PM
kylebrowneye

stonesavage, that is a fiiiiiiiiiiiineeeeeeee truck, what motor do you have?
Old 03-06-2005, 05:27 PM
hybridstone

THANKS guys IT's a sut pro kit with a mach 26 with matching one piece pipe/mugen alloy clutch shoes/firioni front torsen diff/hitec 5997tg 180 oz for steering/645mg 120 oz for brake/throttle. it is craaaaaaaazzzzzy fast pull's wheelies down the back straight ON LOOSE DIRT!! need to take it easy on trigger. THERE"S A COUPLE ON EBAY RIGHT NOW good deals.GET THE PRO and you will not regret it
Old 03-08-2005, 02:48 PM
kylebrowneye

-monster truck- its waay bigger than mt2 (if you mean HPI)
Old 03-08-2005, 03:04 PM
The Boss

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The Dom is a great kit, many guys used them at the M/J events and over all they had no more problems than other 8scale kits there. If you can find one for a good price, go for it, theres lots of good 8scale kits out now. Good maintainance is the biggest factor with any 8scale kit.

m/j info...
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/05_U...2739868/tm.htm
Old 03-08-2005, 04:05 PM
rcblaze

Mp/ Dom is a great truck. Old cheap and can handle a beating. If your saving money get it and try something else when your money is right. Side note I'd like to see a truggy pull wheelies on a back straight on lose dirt. Sounds more like a savage then a truggy. Truggies don't wheelie when setup with 3 diffs and lubes to put the power down correctly. Correct me if Im wrong. I'm still learning here. But my Dom with .28 Sh and 7/10/3 will put the power down smoothly with out a hint of a wheelie. And as far as durable. LOL I laugh when did this truck come out and we are still talking about it. Say's alot I'd say. This truck has been thru everything from maxx suspension to 14mm hubs and back. I have nothing bad to say about the dominator. For the price it's still a great truck and can hang with the new boys in town.
Old 03-08-2005, 04:34 PM
hybridstone

TRUGGY's don't wheelie LOL YOU ARE corrected!! get a real engine!! then you'll see or go to www.gsracing.com read martys(team driver) race review his rossis 28 was pullin wheelies down the back straight had to thickin up centre diff silicone . p.s the dom can't cause to much power and the diffs break/ axles bend lol vcause there of poor design(weak) nothing personal I owned a few myself. IT just can't hold with the LS not a chance!! the dom is outdated!!! pirate 1997 lol ya alot of pro's are running those TRUST ME once you run a ls you will put that dom on display
Old 03-08-2005, 08:07 PM
kylebrowneye

NO, comment, yo savage, did my e-mail get through?
Old 03-08-2005, 08:53 PM
hybridstone

Nope send me p.m[8D]
Old 03-08-2005, 08:55 PM
kylebrowneye

oh, sorry, not you Darksavagex, how do you send PM's?[:-]
Old 03-09-2005, 04:16 AM
Haldir

ORIGINAL: 2DMaxLST!!

That is a damn good looking truck you got there.
I second that.
Old 03-09-2005, 10:37 AM
rcblaze

ORIGINAL: stonesavage

TRUGGY's don't wheelie LOL YOU ARE corrected!! get a real engine!! then you'll see or go to www.gsracing.com read martys(team driver) race review his rossis 28 was pullin wheelies down the back straight had to thickin up centre diff silicone . p.s the dom can't cause to much power and the diffs break/ axles bend lol vcause there of poor design(weak) nothing personal I owned a few myself. IT just can't hold with the LS not a chance!! the dom is outdated!!! pirate 1997 lol ya alot of pro's are running those TRUST ME once you run a ls you will put that dom on display
So which is it he has to thickin the center diff up to stop wheelies or he wants it like that cause it helps him racing. I was just pointing out going down a back straight on 2 wheels can't be as fast as 4. As far as Bad diffs and bending axles. Well anyone who has owned one knows thats not true. True the Dom is dated no argueing that. The point is it's a good quality kit and is a good starter. As far as not holding up with any of the new kit's. Thats mostly driver trucks don't drive themselves. And last but not least your telling me to get a real engine and your running a mach in the SUT. lol Last I checked my sh 28 was better then my mach .26 with the sportwerks carb in my LST. But your right I must need more power right. lol
Old 03-09-2005, 09:46 PM
hybridstone

LOL sh makes the mach26 among with many other popular ones p.s go to www.ofna.com message board and look at the hundred's of WHY are these diffs blowing threads lol The whole purpose is to make newbies stay away from a problematic truck. TrUST ME I WORK at a very busy hobbie shop and have repaired about 50 different pirate/dominators and owned a race dom that was worth bout$1200us they are not a truck for newbie there is so much better out there!! p.s my modded mach will smoke the sh 28 I have proven that a few times and thanks to freedom and 2d
Old 03-10-2005, 11:38 AM
rcblaze

LOL sh makes the mach26 among with many other popular ones p.s go to www.ofna.com message board and look at the hundred's of WHY are these diffs blowing threads lol The whole purpose is to make newbies stay away from a problematic truck. TrUST ME I WORK at a very busy hobby shop and have repaired about 50 different pirate/dominators and owned a race dom that was worth bout$1200us they are not a truck for newbie there is so much better out there!! p.s my modded mach will smoke the sh 28 I have proven that a few times and thanks to freedom and 2d
LOL I know who makes the SH. It's been posted enough times every one should know now. Hey your welcome to your opinion on the Dom. That's cool I happen to disagree that's all. As far as looking at boards for customer complaints are you serious you work at a hobby shop so you should know half the stuff that happens to these RC's is user error. Diffs just don't blow themselves up. The problem's have been long solved with the DOM.
I didn't say this was the best truck ever. But I see were your coming from. You work for a hobby shop you guys want the newbies buying the latest greatest thing. lol If I owned a shop or worked for one I would 2. Just Biz I understand. Sell Sell Sell right. Hobby shops really work over a newbie I see it all the time. I just don't see how they don't see that once a person see's the light it won't come back to bite them. Why do you think most us are on the net now. B/c we got tired of the local HS BS. I got an idea why don't you list the links for all the boards that the Ofna Dom is discussed and let that newbie decide. Here's one that will take him months to get thru and has all the info you need.
http://www.rcmt.net/
Old 03-10-2005, 03:07 PM
scale only 4 me
My Feedback: (158)

Received 51 Likes on 49 Posts

the sut is waaay more durable than the dom/pirate.
I totally disagree with this statment, maybe after you do all the "Pro" mods

the GS is a better tuggy in the sense it has a better drive train,
the only weak spot on the Dom is the Diffs, they wear out quick
But the suspension (arms, knuckles etc,) is one of the most durable of all Truggies

BTW
Greg Degani took a box stock Dom RTR and qualified 7th at the Nitro Chalange in Pro Unlimited MT class,,That aint bad

Old 03-10-2005, 10:15 PM
hybridstone

If a newbie comes in a wants a nitro I will only will sell him the basic's I have never been one for the cash grab I would like everyone's first time to be a good experiance that is the only way we can make this fun sport/hobby grow.I would recomend a hpi savage to a newbie or a rc10gt very simple. The pirate came out in 1998-99 it was a buggy then ofna converted into the monster pirate back then the only hop ups were smash n bash racing SABR some mite remember sabr! they made alloy diff housings to cure the flex problem/nowadays u can use savage diffs for the dom! IT was the king of race trucks In 2002 but now there is so much better to choose from You can get a hot bodies LS for$399 us it is a hundred times better Basicly why would you want yesterday's technology when you can have state of the art p's My boss still has my old dom it' on the shelf and it is very rare"ie proline bulks/sabr diffs/jer chassis.he will not race her any more cause those parts I have listed can no longer be had.
Old 03-10-2005, 10:24 PM
hybridstone

ORIGINAL: had enough

the sut is waaay more durable than the dom/pirate.
I totally disagree with this statment, maybe after you do all the "Pro" mods

the GS is a better tuggy in the sense it has a better drive train,
the only weak spot on the Dom is the Diffs, they wear out quick
But the suspension (arms, knuckles etc,) is one of the most durable of all Truggies

BTW
Greg Degani took a box stock Dom RTR and qualified 7th at the Nitro Chalange in Pro Unlimited MT class,,That aint bad

YES THAT IS THE PRO it waaay better than the sut rtr hmmmm how bout ANOTHER PIC

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.