Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Savage Radio Freq Change

Old 03-18-2005, 10:21 PM
martianzx9r

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Savage Radio Freq Change

I recently bought an HPI Savage 25 RTR. The Tx AM 27 mhz on channel #6. I have read many posts about not changing the Tx crystal because it is against FCC rules and possible conflicts (bleed-over) with other channells if its not tuned by a certified tech or radio shop.

So, if someone else comes to the track with another Savage on Channel #6, what can I do?

1) Am I screwed?

2) Do I have to send the radio in for a new TX crystal?

3) Can I buy another crystal set and put it in myself?

Please help.
Old 03-19-2005, 12:02 AM
fantomas
My Feedback: (3)

Default RE: Savage Radio Freq Change

You can change them yourself.. with a 27 mhz radio and receiver you have 6 channels to choose from. Just get a new crystal set.
Old 03-19-2005, 08:06 AM
Savage_Dias

Default RE: Savage Radio Freq Change

Here's an interesting tidbit of information if you're willing to experiment....

A friend turned on his Maxx as I was breaking in my Revo & it started going crazy. He went back to his house to get another set of crystals but couldn't find the receiver crystal. He noticed his XMod & grabbed the crystals from it. He put the crystals in his T Maxx & they actually worked! I can't guarantee it'll work again & I don't know if it'll damage anything but if you're willing to experiment a set of 6 channels runs $16 at [link=http://www.radioshack.com/product.asp?catalog%5Fname=CTLG&category%5Fname=CTLG%5F006%5F009%5F002%5F000&product%5Fid=60%2D8507]Radio Shack[/link].