Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

I need help NOW...Im fed up with this

Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

I need help NOW...Im fed up with this

Old 03-20-2005, 12:19 PM
Salty0790

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I need help NOW...Im fed up with this

im inches from screaming. ever since i got my savage, i was never able to prime it properly. there is something wrong. i put my finger over the exhaust, and spin the roto start. the gas in the line just vibrates as the roto is going. i have heard people on here saying that it shoots through after 3 seconds. mine takes literally an hour. and my roto doesnt last that long. can someone PLEASE help me find the problem and quickly. i want to break it in today since it is nice out.

there is no gas tank leak to my knowledge. i checked it over several times. i did remove the fuel line from the carb and the tank several times if that means anything. i did the same with the muffler line. i took the carb off and cleaned it of old gas. i did put it together correctly. but that wouldnt matter since it has been like this since i got it.

Old 03-20-2005, 12:24 PM
lloydy

Default RE: I need help NOW...Im fed up with this

erm, does it have a priming button on the tank itself. Otherwise remove your hand from the exhaust and remove the air filter. the open the throttle and put 2-3 drops of fule into the carb, this will go into the engine than when u rotostart it should just go, with no hand on the pipe. Once it is runnign give it some revs/ run it abit then after that should start every time, until you put it away.

if that doesnt work

a) put more fuel into the carb or
b) remove the glow plug and put some in there.

this shoudl make ti work. it does for mine. otherwise replace all lines etc
Old 03-20-2005, 12:29 PM
Richie-EB4

To test your tank seal..........

Remove the pressure line from the exhaust pipe and remove the fuel pipe to the carb...........empty out any fuel...........then blow into one pipe on the tank while holding the other one closed.........it should hold pressure or it will leak...........more likely the tank lid.

Hope this helps
Old 03-20-2005, 12:37 PM
Salty0790

should i put a couple of drops into the engine THEN try to start it? or put drops in the engine and then try priming it?

i put 3 drops into the carb and tried to prime it, but it wasnt successful. when i took the plug out, i rotostarted it, and gas flew out. meaning it was flooded.

any more advice would help a ton.
Old 03-20-2005, 12:40 PM
Richie-EB4

You can prime it by............removing the pressure line and blowing into the tank and this will push fuel into your engine/carb but dont over do it.

Just enough to get to the carb and a little extra.

Good Luck
Old 03-20-2005, 12:43 PM
Salty0790

ORIGINAL: Richie-EB4

To test your tank seal..........

Remove the pressure line from the exhaust pipe and remove the fuel pipe to the carb...........empty out any fuel...........then blow into one pipe on the tank while holding the other one closed.........it should hold pressure or it will leak...........more likely the tank lid.

Hope this helps
i did exactly what you said, and i felt pressure when i blew in through the line. so, there is nothing wrong with the tank...
Old 03-20-2005, 12:47 PM
Salty0790

ORIGINAL: Richie-EB4

You can prime it by............removing the pressure line and blowing into the tank and this will push fuel into your engine/carb but dont over do it.

Just enough to get to the carb and a little extra.

Good Luck
i removed the end of the pressure line connected to the muffler, and blew through it with gas in the tank. the fuel line was connected fine. i blew in, but there was too much pressure and no gas entered the fuel line. is there something wrong here?
Old 03-20-2005, 12:51 PM
Richie-EB4

Try opening the carb with your hand........but you have to remember that the needles are very small so it will be hard.

The other thing to look at buy doing it the old way with the roto start is that your exhaust seal on the engine/pipe might be leaking.
Old 03-20-2005, 12:54 PM
Salty0790

how can i tell if the muffler seal is leaking?
Old 03-20-2005, 01:08 PM
Salty0790

^^^??? anyone?
Old 03-20-2005, 01:13 PM
Richie-EB4

Block the carb with your finger...........(no air filter) then remove the pressure pipe and block that then blow into the exhaust tip ( muffler) pipe.......nothing should come out from the joint/header joint.

I hope this is ok............i never had to explain how to do it,
Old 03-20-2005, 01:42 PM
Salty0790

ok. my dad and i went to the savage. i took the fuel line slightly off of the carb intake (where the fuel enters) and blew on the pressure line. this got gas all the way through the line and it reached the carb. thanks to richie EB4 for that. so it was primed. and there was a little extra in the engine. i put the igniter on and spun the roto start. the engine started for about 5 seconds and died. my dad blew through the pressure line HARD while i got it started. the engine ran easily this way. but without someone blowing through the pressure line, it wont start. any ideas on how to keep it going without someone blowing through it? there must be something wrong with the suction somewhere.

my dad thinks i should turn the big carb needle (dont know what it is called) out one full turn. is he correct? he thinks there isnt enough gas getting into the engine to keep it running. so when someone blows it in, it runs. is he right?

this is extremely hard to explain over the internet. maybe some people will understand it...

P.S. the end of the pressure line that is connected to the muffler is a little loose and comes off really easily. should i cut the loose part off? this way the un-streched part can grab it easily?
Old 03-20-2005, 01:48 PM
Richie-EB4

There is no suction.........its all pressure feed from the muffler.
The big needle (HSN...high speed needle) is only for the mixture at full throttle (WOT) so i dont think thats it unless you cant get it to full throttle.

How new is this and what fuel and how old is it ??
Old 03-20-2005, 01:55 PM
Salty0790

the fuel is brand new. the truck has been started twice. once at my LHS, and once at my house.

i dont understand what you said above that? pressure feed? sorry im not hip with the lingo.
Old 03-20-2005, 01:57 PM
Richie-EB4

Has the engine been run in ??
Old 03-20-2005, 01:59 PM
Salty0790

no it hasnt been broken in yet. can someone please give me some tips on how to fix this suction?
Old 03-20-2005, 02:37 PM
Salty0790

any other ideas on how to keep it running without someone blowing through the pressure line? there has to be something. im losing daylight, so the quicker you respond the better. thanks for all your help so far.
Old 03-20-2005, 02:42 PM
Richie-EB4

The engine needs pressure to feed the carb with fuel (not suction) but im not sure why you dont have pressure when the engine is running as the exhaust is full of pressure from the engine.
Make sure the nipple on the exhaust pipe is clear.

Sorry carnt think of anything else
Old 03-20-2005, 02:44 PM
Salty0790

the nipple on the pipe is clear. im going to try and cut the end of the pressure line off.
Old 03-20-2005, 03:09 PM
lloydy

that migfht work, erm, u want fuel in engine then start, if you try and prime it when theres fuel in the engine then u might flood it.

just put 2 drops in the carb and that shoudl do it. there could be a bloackage in teh carb or something, once it is running @ high revs then this will be cleared (maybe just a very small bit of mud or something) but the pressure should remove it, see if the truck will start first using the fuel in to teh carb, worry about keeping it goin later
Old 03-20-2005, 03:14 PM
Salty0790

if i put a couple of drops into the carb, it WILL run. but, it will burn that fuel and only that fuel. it will NOT continue to take in fuel through the fuel line from the gas tank. THIS is my problem. any other ideas?

i need to know what to look for. leaks? carb settings? anything that might help.

i did cut about 3 milimeters off the pressure line that was attached to the muffler. did this do anything? i cant try and start it now because my mom is sick and is taking a nap. it will wake her up for sure.
Old 03-20-2005, 03:26 PM
lloydy

can u cut both ends off the line from the tank to the carb and re fit them. If the tank has a fuel filter in the bottom where the fuel line attaches chek it is free from dirt etc. look in the savage manual for carb settings and re set them to stock.
Old 03-20-2005, 03:30 PM
Richie-EB4

You also might have to turn the idle screw up or adjust your trim to raise your engine RPM's

And hope your mom sleeps well
Old 03-20-2005, 03:30 PM
Salty0790

ORIGINAL: lloydy

can u cut both ends off the line from the tank to the carb and re fit them. If the tank has a fuel filter in the bottom where the fuel line attaches chek it is free from dirt etc. look in the savage manual for carb settings and re set them to stock.
will do
Old 03-20-2005, 03:31 PM
lloydy

yeah just trim the throttle up loads. or just open it quite wide so it will run off, but let it and leave the glow starter in to keep it warm

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.