Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

LSD vs Revo vs Savage Highest Speed

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

LSD vs Revo vs Savage Highest Speed

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2005, 12:24 AM
dcfever

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LSD vs Revo vs Savage Highest Speed

LST, Revo, Savage SS, which one has the highest speed straight out of the box?
Old 03-22-2005, 01:25 AM
Jman44

Default RE: LSD vs Revo vs Savage Highest Speed

LSD??....you do mean LST right?
Old 03-22-2005, 01:27 AM
maxxattack

REVO
Old 03-22-2005, 05:52 AM
lloydy

isnt LSD a drug?, that will make it seem fast anyway
Old 03-22-2005, 11:17 AM
supertib

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the new Savage 4.6 will beat both the LST and Revo right out of the box.........the new 4.6 is similar to putting in a XTM 24/7 Pro, it will rip a REVO apart badly and still beat the LST........a REVO with a New OS .18 may have a fighting chance but a 2.5R is going to be way outpowered....sorry traxxas guys but the new Savage is a monster....
Old 03-22-2005, 12:40 PM
dcfever

Does anyone here know the speed differential between them, ...like by how much faster compare to the others
Old 03-23-2005, 10:55 PM
HPIDUDE

once a newb, always a newb! anyways that revo is a "monster" truck and the savage is a MONSTER TRUCK!!, keyword there is truck, if you want to go 70mph, than maybe you should look at a touring car
Old 03-23-2005, 11:27 PM
86RedRocket

I currently own a T-Maxx, and I'm looking to purchase a Savage 4.6 SS. What does everyone think? I'm wanted a great overall performing truck in every aspect on the track, in the woods, in the yard. Opinions welcome. Thanks
Old 03-25-2005, 10:42 AM
Savage_Dias

I think it would be a VERY wise purchase.
Old 03-29-2005, 07:43 PM
G-Maxx

revo=45mph lst=44mph savage=42mph
Old 03-29-2005, 10:54 PM
LST2004

ORIGINAL: G-Maxx

revo=45mph lst=44mph savage=42mph
That's not true, more like 37 mph.

They all do about the same speed. I have the LST and Savage .46. My LST beat the REVO with the Sirio .23 in it.
Old 03-30-2005, 03:30 AM
Haldir

SS 4.6 + 3 speed tranny= faster than the LST and Revo.
Old 03-30-2005, 11:30 AM
preston777

If you want top speed the mammoth is definetly the way to go its the fastest production monster truck I know of. according to RC car action it will do 52mph. thats definetly enouph for me.
you could get some serious air goin that fast. you would be sure to break something. lol
Old 03-30-2005, 10:46 PM
Savage_Dias

My Savage .21 was faster stock than my Revo is stock. The more I deal with the 2.5 the less I like it.
Old 03-30-2005, 10:48 PM
HPIDUDE

like a said before, its hypocritical to ask what the fastest monster truck is, it just doesnt make sense
Old 03-30-2005, 10:51 PM
RenegadeRevo
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: proFX440

If you want top speed the mammoth is definetly the way to go its the fastest production monster truck I know of. according to RC car action it will do 52mph. thats definetly enouph for me.
you could get some serious air goin that fast. you would be sure to break something. lol
With the Mammoth, you would be sure to break something at 20mph.
Old 03-30-2005, 10:54 PM
HPIDUDE

I agree with REVOFAMILY, you would be better off with a revo {not much, but better nontheless}
Old 03-30-2005, 11:16 PM
RenegadeRevo

so, since we're going back and forth about who breaks less stuff... what have you broken on your Savage?
Old 03-31-2005, 11:26 AM
LST Dude

ive got an LST and a Cen funfactor and my friend has a Sport maxx with a picco .21. The LST will eat the sport maxx alive any day(in terms of speed, traction, and power). MY cen on the other hand can beat the LST, so if you want a good truck go with the funfactor which is a very fast truck due to light wait ( 6 lbs, half as much as the t-maxx) and having a bigger engine then the T-maxx!
Old 03-31-2005, 02:11 PM
Frost_

ORIGINAL: REVOFAMILY

so, since we're going back and forth about who breaks less stuff... what have you broken on your Savage?
After having mine (Savage) for MANY eninges (a 21, TWO 25s, a 26, 27, two 28s and now a Collari 30) .....8 engines actually, I have bent 4 shock shafts from insane jumps that I had no business taking ...off the roof of the plant Trilordy style bent the front left 2 from a crooked landing, thank god it wasn't upside down on asphalt from about 13-14 feet. I might add that I had done this 3 times previous without incident. I have broken each left and right of the front hubs, the tab or ear that the sterring linkage hooked to broke off. I have cracked 4 aluminum wheel hexes and stripped 3 sets of wheels. The first set was the stock HPIs, then I stripped a set of stock Maxx wheels, and finally the Collari wasted my pretty pro-line 40s. I stripped the stock plastic brake nut and replaced it with a CNCd piece. Many of the engines listed kept a single plastic spur gear for 3-5 gallons! I have the old 21 diffs that are STILL ORIGINAL!

Other than wear items like the clutches on the different engines, clutch bearings, etc that's it. That pretty freaking amazing for a drivetrain approaching 30 gallons of fuel. I didn't even want a MT when I got it, I just wanted something I could take out and drive all day without constantly breaking things or having to spend more time working on it than driving it. I'm glad I got it. If I could have a second MT it would likely be the MGT. I have newly ported and polished SH28 that REALLY needs a home...

Having said that, all of the time and abuse has taken it's toll. I put in the Collari in Feb., and it found all the worn items for me... It stripped my 40series wheels, damaged the inside of the original tranny (I haven't opened it up yet, I'm sort of holding out for the 3 speed) so that it only runs in second gear, and broken the highly worn bevel gears on the OUTSIDE of the rear diff. I am gonna rebuild it's drivetrain at the moment, it deserves it.
Old 03-31-2005, 02:18 PM
Frost_

REVOFAMILY - (thread-starter guy, sorry for going off topic) I have a question... I was looking at a REVO at the LHS recently... I know that New Era makes a conversion kit for a big-block... Do you think if I got a Revo and dropped in that ported and polished SH28 that it's drivetrain would holdup well? It is a nimble looking truck and I have rebuilt, ported and polished some of my older big blocks like the SH and a 27 and they need a home [] I have heard that this truck is much more durable than the Maxx, would you tend to agree?
Old 03-31-2005, 02:43 PM
rcblaze

ORIGINAL: Frost_

REVOFAMILY - (thread-starter guy, sorry for going off topic) I have a question... I was looking at a REVO at the LHS recently... I know that New Era makes a conversion kit for a big-block... Do you think if I got a Revo and dropped in that ported and polished SH28 that it's drivetrain would holdup well? It is a nimble looking truck and I have rebuilt, ported and polished some of my older big blocks like the SH and a 27 and they need a home [] I have heard that this truck is much more durable than the Maxx, would you tend to agree?
Funny you mention this I was in a New Hobby shop yesterday and just trying to get to know the guy and what he has to offer. And we got on this subject. He was telling me how he has sold and setup about 8 revos with the RB .23 and no drivetrain issues to speak off. So from what Im hearing the drivetrain is very good. The SH I won't even guess on what that would do to any drivetrain. I have bashed with revos with the 23 and I swear it gives my SH all it can handle.
Old 03-31-2005, 02:43 PM
RenegadeRevo

Yes, I agree... the Revo is more durable than the Maxx. I've HEARD that the Revo drivetrain can handle gobs of power. I don't know from experience, though. I've also heard that the RB TM323 that I'm putting in mine tends to rip up the drivetrain. I've seen a Wasp .26 on a Revo and it hauls! The only thing I would recommend for a .28 Revo would be a Forward-only conversion. That takes out the things that generally get damaged.

I'll share my broken parts... since I asked about the Savage... the first part I ever broke was a shock rod end. I hit my ramp... shot the truck in the air 10-15 feet... and couldn't see it land... landed it on all-4's... on asphalt... and broke the shock rod end. I fixed that for a whopping $1.33, and ran it some more. This time, we had the ramp on grass... and broke the shock rod end again... the only reason it broke again is I didn't install it right. Then, I broke one of the rockers. (not sure how that happened). Then, I decided to pull it apart and clean it, but I didn't pay attention to the gear mesh adjustment... and I didn't tighten the screw that held it in place. I ended up stripping the spur gear because I didn't have the right gear mesh. After jumping it successfully quite a bit... I hit one jump missed the landing and did about 14 cartwheels.... I ended up snapping an upper arm... and cracking a lower one... still ran it, though... Jumped it 10-15 more times.... and ran out of fuel. After replacing the arm... I noticed the turnbuckle rod was bent... took it off... took a hammer to it... now, the only thing wrong with my truck is... I don't have any glowplugs or fuel to put in it.
Old 03-31-2005, 03:42 PM
HPIDUDE

i dont have a savage but ive seen them run, ive looked at them in the hobby shop, very soild truck. For the record, i havent broken anything on my mt2
Old 03-31-2005, 04:00 PM
RenegadeRevo

ORIGINAL: HPIDUDE

i dont have a savage but ive seen them run, ive looked at them in the hobby shop, very soild truck. For the record, i havent broken anything on my mt2
That tells me either you're LYING... or you don't bash very hard. I don't know ANYONE who bashes as hard as I do that hasn't broken anything.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.