Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum
View Poll Results: A poll
YES
23.85%
NO
34.62%
NO but it is not a traditional Monster Truck like a Tmaxx or Savage.
41.54%
Voters: 130. You may not vote on this poll

Revo = Truggy

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2005, 11:12 AM
Grndzer
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Revo = Truggy

How many if you consider the REVO along the lines of a truggy?
Old 03-23-2005, 11:53 AM
cardriverx

Default RE: Revo = Truggy

well the revo is definitely not a traditional monster truck. but its hard to decide, so I said that it was a truggy. I said that because it just doesn't have the ground clearance of other trucks, it looks like a truggy, and its made for racing racing racing. Also I just don't like how soft the suspension is. I'm not trying to insult people with revos, I'm just saying what I think about it.
Old 03-23-2005, 12:39 PM
titan66

i think it has 4 inchs of ground clearance and that is as much as a monster gt and i think more than the t-maxx
Old 03-23-2005, 12:47 PM
fottball99

yeah the revo is an in between truck i think
Old 03-23-2005, 03:33 PM
bamaracer0

How would you think it's a truggy? As far as I know, a truggy is a buggy converted into a monster truck. The Revo didnt come from a buggy, and its chassis doesnt even look similar to any buggy chassis I've ever seen. Center diff...Revo doesnt have one. Most truggies I've seen do because they keep that when converting it from a buggy. My 2 cents, coming from a Revo owner. It looks nothing like a truggy to me.
Old 03-23-2005, 04:27 PM
maxximum_overdrive

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i agree with bama racer.........definately not a truggie. though it isn't a "traditional" truck either. i like that some one took a chace at breaking the mold. i mean who else better that the guys that created the craze to begin with. however, personally, i just bought a t-maxx, i did a lot of reserch (about a year and a half worth) and decided that the t-maxx would best perform the functions that i will be useing it for. anyway i know that i kinda stayed from the topic................................peace[sm=RAINFRO.gif]
Old 03-23-2005, 04:39 PM
fastcrash

wow. r u all drunk? a revo a truggy? a truggy has all its diffs bolted to the top of the chassis. the revo, like every other truck i consider a mt has its (2) diffs suspended below the chassis between a set of bulkheads. the only mt that this doesent apply to is the savage, which if anyone argued that to be a truggy they should be slapped. also, every truck i consider a mt has a transmission, where a truggy has a center diff.
Old 03-23-2005, 04:42 PM
fastcrash

cardriverx, how is the revo not a traditional mt? because of the shock location?
Old 03-23-2005, 04:52 PM
RenegadeRevo
My Feedback: (1)

The Revo is a Monster Truck... it has all the characteristics of a MT... it has ground clearance of a MT... it's 4wd... the only difference is where the shocks are mounted! As far as difference between the T-Maxx, etc... the shocks. I'm sorry, but shock position does not change the fact that it is a MT! Everything else on the Revo is similar to the T-Maxx... If you want to put your savage against either of my Revos... I'd challenge you ... and beat you in everything imaginable... whether it be a hill climb... a jump contest... bashing... or even street! The Revo HAS IT ALL...
Old 03-23-2005, 05:55 PM
tristy

REVOFAMILY you took the words right out of my mouth! altough i do like my savvy
Old 03-23-2005, 07:09 PM
RenegadeRevo

I've got 2 Revos... one set up for street running... and bashing... the other is set up for MT use... bashing... jumping... climbing... however both of 'em could do anything... with just a few screws changed out....
Old 03-23-2005, 07:59 PM
frozen

Only dumbasses without revo's will vote truggie.
Old 03-23-2005, 09:55 PM
cardriverx

well it depends on your views on what a truggy is. Although the revo is close to a monster truck, It was meant for racing. I believe a truggy is a truck that has a low center of gravity and is meant for the purpose of racing and/or a buggy with big wheels . I see a monster truck as something that looks big and can roll over anything that it encounters. No, I don't have a revo, but if I wanted to race, I would buy one in a heart beat. I have a savage and it serves the purpose i wanted it for, to stand up to anything I throw at it. again, I'm not saying the revo is bad, I just don't think its a MT in the traditional seance.
Old 03-23-2005, 10:09 PM
Muswagon

Me thinks you are not too bright. Dumb question, dumb thread. I did vote though

A traditional Monster Truck is what? One based off of a Monster car crusher? One based off a T-maxx or Savage?

If the answer is real Monster Truck, then only the Mad Force and X-Factor are traditional nitro Monster Trucks.

If the answer is maxx or Savage, then it is a traditional Monster Truck. Center of gravity yeah its low, but you can adjust the downtravel to give you maxx like clearance. It shares nothing with an 8 scale buggy, which is where most the 'uggy' in 'truggy' comes from. So, give your head a shake man.

If traditional Monster Truck means as in the first nitro Monster Truck then a truggy is what is original, dont forget the first nitro 8 scale Monster was the USA-1 which was a converted Inferno. Truggies are nothing new, racing them is new. The Nitro Quake also came alot sooner than the maxx or savage.

Everyone needs to drop this obsession with truggy. The revo does not have it driveshafts above the chassis, as mentioned above no center diff. No parts would fit on any 8 scal buggy regardless of brand. Therefore, not a truggy.

Sorry for the long winded response.
Old 03-23-2005, 10:14 PM
lax195
My Feedback: (2)

ORIGINAL: REVOFAMILY
If you want to put your savage against either of my Revos... I'd challenge you ... and beat you in everything imaginable... whether it be a hill climb... a jump contest... bashing... or even street! The Revo HAS IT ALL...
Wanna drag race my Collari .30 powered Savage with a THS pipe, Motor Saver, Mugen aluminum clutch with 1.1 springs... while running 30% White Lightning race fuel??... hehe. I think I would be the vanquisher.
Old 03-23-2005, 10:29 PM
bamaracer0

ORIGINAL: cardriverx

well it depends on your views on what a truggy is. Although the revo is close to a monster truck, It was meant for racing. I believe a truggy is a truck that has a low center of gravity and is meant for the purpose of racing and/or a buggy with big wheels . I see a monster truck as something that looks big and can roll over anything that it encounters. No, I don't have a revo, but if I wanted to race, I would buy one in a heart beat. I have a savage and it serves the purpose i wanted it for, to stand up to anything I throw at it. again, I'm not saying the revo is bad, I just don't think its a MT in the traditional seance.
TNX is right, its called rasing the ground clearance. The revo can do that easily. Move the pushrods about 3mm 4 times. Little bit more preload, and you can go over almost anything. If you want a traditional monster truck, find a solid axle truck, because that is a traditional MT. A Maxx or Savage is not a traditional MT. In a way, that's contradicting yourself isn't it?
Old 03-23-2005, 10:40 PM
brokenstuff

whenever ur ready ill take you up on that just no crying when i leave ur revo is peices
Old 03-23-2005, 11:03 PM
fastcrash

look out, we've got some internet toughguy's. [X(]
Old 03-23-2005, 11:08 PM
RenegadeRevo

Right on... come to AZ, and we'll go... I'm sure I'd get waxed in a drag race with a .30 powered ANYTHING. BUT, if we're going to play fair... either drop the original engine in yours, or I get a .30... (Actually the TM323 is calling my name.... I'll be switching soon)... I'd put my Revo against a Savage at a bashing... hill climbing... or jumping... trust me... I've done it all..... I have one Revo that I've done all that to... and have not replaced a part on it yet... as a matter of fact, I jumped it about 20 ft. in the air... landed it in the street on pavement... nothing broken... bring it on... LET'S DO THIS.

*EDIT* So, what about THIS Revo is ANYTHING resembling a Truggy?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Rp44525.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	75.5 KB
ID:	248249  
Old 03-23-2005, 11:12 PM
hybridstone

truggy= pan chassis centre diff!
Old 03-23-2005, 11:40 PM
brokenstuff

i ramped the savage off the peak of a house yestarday while the neighbors watched didnt break a single thing let me know when you do that with a revo

i do think the revo is the nicest thing traxxas has ever made though
Old 03-23-2005, 11:55 PM
RenegadeRevo

Not sure I feel like destroying my roof tiles... and don't want to destroy my neighbor's property... to be able to do that I have to launch my Revo TOWARDS my neighbor's house... No THanks... I like my neighbors...

OH ... and by the way .. "RAMPING off the peak of the roof" doesn't mean just jumping it 2inches in the air... you actually have to RAMP it off the roof, man...
Old 03-24-2005, 12:08 AM
brokenstuff

my cousins house but ill see if i can get him to take pics to show you the drop from the peak to the ground
Old 03-24-2005, 12:21 AM
RenegadeRevo

I don't care about the drop off... I care about pics ... or even VIDEOS of your Savage in action...
Old 03-24-2005, 01:10 AM
crazychris7

revo is a MT.. any way you put it, its still a MT. A truggy is a 1/8 conversion, the GS SUT, HS LS, the new mugen truck, ttr, exc. Revos are a good truck, but if youre going to be racing it, get a truggy because revos are nice and all.. but a PITA to fuel up quickly... i HATE the tanks on them... The revo is a "breakthru MT", just a view of whats coming in the future. Compare a revo to a real truggy like this... see the major diffs...

Chris
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Da83208.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	64.8 KB
ID:	248309   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sp45279.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	45.8 KB
ID:	248310  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.