Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

Buying New Truck. Which One Is The Best??

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Buying New Truck. Which One Is The Best??

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2005, 11:17 PM
86RedRocket

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Buying New Truck. Which One Is The Best??

I currently own a t-maxx, and I'm planning to get serious into the racing scene. I'm looking to get a monster truck that is bad ***** on the track and durable enough to bash in the woods or yard if I'm not racing. I've been told to buy a Savage 4.6 SS. Does anyone suggest this or another one? I understand that the Savage 4.6 SS doesn't come with radio/receiver, steering servo, and throttle/brake servo. I have a radio/receiver and the battery cell/holder. Does the Savage 4.6 SS come w/all the linkages for the servos, or do I have to purchase them also? Thanks for any advice given.
Old 03-23-2005, 11:27 PM
fastcrash

Default RE: Buying New Truck. Which One Is The Best??

if you want to race, you dont want a savage. savages are great bashers, i love jumping mine, but its too much of a pig to race. the revo, is a very durable truck also, and is very light, has great steering authority and is extremely tunable. the revo does it all, and it does it very well. if i could have only one r/c, it would be revo. hands down, no question.
Old 03-24-2005, 12:04 AM
turbopwr

The TNX is one of the best all around trucks available right now. Get the pro version that is coming out soon. With the upgraded shocks and tires you are ready to go racing. The stock engine is very strong so you do not have to upgrade right away to a better engine. Out the box the TNX and REVO are probably the fastest true monster trucks on the track. Out of the REVO and TNX the TNX is a better basher. If you were strictly going to race I would say the LSP is the way to go.

As for the Savage the center of gravity is to high. The Savage is a great basher but not a very good racer without extensive work.
Old 03-24-2005, 10:18 PM
86RedRocket

I'm still considering right now on which one. Thanks for all the opinions. I have all the radio equipment on the way just in case I decide to go with savage 4.6 ss or other "kit" mt.
Old 03-24-2005, 11:26 PM
HPIDUDE

There is a new TNX with powerstroke{pro-line} shocks and some other goodies, thats what i would want
Old 03-25-2005, 08:40 AM
hdmax

ORIGINAL: HPIDUDE

There is a new TNX with powerstroke{pro-line} shocks and some other goodies, thats what i would want
Where would one find information about this line of trucks?
Old 03-25-2005, 09:39 AM
IslandSavage

http://www.towerhobbies.com/listings/cat-cat-c.html
Old 03-25-2005, 09:46 AM
IslandSavage

Look into a MGT also... VERY durable and good on a track... comes RTR..and dont let people complain and say it weights too much.... Its quick, durable, EASY to work on, and support is great... the Savage is tough anf fun also, but not easy to work on, more of a pain in the arse.. The TNX is another great choice too, but LHS support isnt that great..mostly mail order...i might look into getting one though, but the stocker engine gotta go for my taste.. Big Block or DIE!!!lol..,.lol..lol..
Old 03-25-2005, 12:44 PM
turbopwr

Islandsavage-If you do get a TNX don't chage the motor right away you will be surprised ho fast the truck is with the stock mill. I to do like big blocks as my MGT has a Wasp 26(stock motor was to slow) but the TNX is damn fast stock.