Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

Looking to purchase new Monster truck(help)

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Looking to purchase new Monster truck(help)

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2005, 12:14 AM
stautz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking to purchase new Monster truck(help)

I am in the market to purchase a new Monster truck. I was wondering about all the different brands and kinds out there. I was leaning towards a Savage 4.6 or an Associated Monster GT. I was also looking at a REVO, Duratrax Warhead, and others. Information on all of these trucksm, experiences, and reviews will be very helpful.

Anyone know much about the Cen Genesis or the XTM Mammoth?

thanks,
Stautz
Old 03-28-2005, 04:20 AM
turbopwr

Default RE: Looking to purchase new Monster truck(help)

What do you plan on doing with the truck? Race, bash, or both. Do you want 1/8th scale or 1/10 scale?
Old 03-28-2005, 04:55 AM
zimzalahbim
My Feedback: (8)

monsters are great. i had a savage and loved it. i had to spend some bucks on some aluminum diff cases, and the steering had way too much slop for my taste. it looks like they fixed those problems with the new 4.6. but if i was in the market for a new truck, i would seriously consider the losi. it comes with a high quality radio, and looks like a really nice truck. if i was going to get a new truck, i would get the losi.
Old 03-28-2005, 05:07 AM
stautz

mainly bash around the house/neighborhood, maybe take it to race, but maily bash. Looking at 1/8 trucks.
Old 03-28-2005, 05:47 AM
BaSh_2_tHa_mAxX
My Feedback: (1)

Losi super truck expensive though!
Savage 21 outdated but durable but heavy and slow
savage 25 outdated but durable but heavy and slow
savage 4.6 a newest savage that has deals with all of the previous savage issues
Monster GT Nice truck great race truck
Tamia TNX Great race truck

And whats wrong with 1/10ths they are awesome id choose my t-maxx over most big heavy 1/8 monsters
Old 03-28-2005, 05:05 PM
yoster

I'd wait for the warhead. Its a savaged with the bugs worked out.. looks very promising. Has the most clearance of any other MT in its class, has more sterring servo torque than any other MT, and a good healthy engine spitting out 2.5hp if i remember correctly. Plus duratrax's usual 1-year stress tech warranty. Of course your gonna have to wait til like.. june
Old 03-28-2005, 05:55 PM
fastcrash

ORIGINAL: yoster

I'd wait for the warhead. Its a savaged with the bugs worked out.. looks very promising. Has the most clearance of any other MT in its class, has more sterring servo torque than any other MT, and a good healthy engine spitting out 2.5hp if i remember correctly. Plus duratrax's usual 1-year stress tech warranty. Of course your gonna have to wait til like.. june

this truck isnt even available yet, and has been delayed more times than a united airlines flight into iraq, and your saying "it's a savage with all the bugs worked out" ? i think if the bugs were worked out it would have been released on time!

with that said i would recomend the new savage 4.6 cause all of the bugs HAVE been worked out.

and dont look past the revo, it has a well earned reputation as a racer, but the owners know it is an excellent basher that easily rivals the durability of the savage.
Old 03-28-2005, 06:11 PM
yoster

ORIGINAL: fastcrash

ORIGINAL: yoster

this truck isnt even available yet, and has been delayed more times than a united airlines flight into iraq, and your saying "it's a savage with all the bugs worked out" ? i think if the bugs were worked out it would have been released on time!

with that said i would recomend the new savage 4.6 cause all of the bugs HAVE been worked out.

and dont look past the revo, it has a well earned reputation as a racer, but the owners know it is an excellent basher that easily rivals the durability of the savage.
Lol i know it isnt avaiable yet... thats why i said wait for it . Also.. there's a lot more to it than "being ready" to release. Production issues, marketing issues, all the legal stuff.. there are MANY reasons why a product can be delayed. It most likely has nothing to do with the truck itself im sure. Companies usually have the product itself finished months before its initial release.. the latter months are all paperwork, legal work, and production issues.
Old 03-28-2005, 06:29 PM
turbopwr

For strictly bashing a savage is good. If you are going to bash and race I would recommend the MGT or TNX. Box stock the TNX is faster and handles better then the MGT. TNX comes with a small block and is very light for a monster truck so it handles very good. MGT comes with a .21 and is quick but does need alittle more power. The LST has durability issues but if you were to look at it does look very nice.
I would recommend the MGT or TNX if you plan on racing in the future. If just strictly bashing Savage is a good truck for that.
Old 03-28-2005, 06:51 PM
JRexA

Jump over at the [link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/RC_Giant_Scale_Cars/forumid_234/tt.htm]Giant Scale forum[/link] and look at the 1/6 FG Monsters. I know they are not puny 1/8 , and only Rear Wheel drive.[:@]

They are very durable, and using pump gas and 2 stroke oil makes them very easy(and cheap) to fuel, engine is also a lot less sensitive, and doesn't require much tuning or running in(1-2 tanks).
Running time is aprox 45 mins on a tank of Petrol

You can get them with 4wd, but the MCD brand has a bad rep. for stability, service and most of all, parts availability.

My FG Leopard Race is not as fast as a Nitro, but more than fast enough for me(70-90Km/h)

Being a 1/6 scale it also handles somewhat rougher terrain(aprox 4" ground clearance) than the smaller Trucks, but you need plenty of Space to use them fully.