Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

receiver pack bettery

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2005, 11:10 AM
bonified5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default receiver pack bettery

Whats a better pack to get a ni-cd or a ni-mh? Whats the difference?
Old 04-16-2005, 12:58 PM
Ahab

Default RE: receiver pack bettery

Ni-Cad is Nickle Cadmium and is old technology. Ni_Cad Batteries like to be fully discharged after each use and have a "memory" that means that if they are *not* fully discharged before charging they will never use the bit that wanst discharged again (basicly), their only advantage is that they are now becoming really cheap and that *some* racers claim that they can give much more "punch" than an Ni-mh. A Nicad battery likes to be stored as flat as possible.

a Ni-Mh is a Nickle Metal Hydride Battery, and represents the standard in RC battery technology. They dont suffer the "memory" issues seen with Nicads, but dont like to be fully discharged - in fact fully flattening them can damage the cells.
NiMh batteries also usualy carry a much higher mAh rating than a Nicad. This has nothing to do with the power of the battery, but how long it will last under load. ie if a 500mAh battery will last 10 minutes in an application, a 1000mAh battery will last 20 minutes on the same application. Nimh Batteries like to be stored fully charged.

LiPo - Lithium Polymer - Batteries are the cutting edge of the RC World, and are still very sensitive to vibration and poor charging, they have a reputation fro exploding - I havent gone down this route yet so I dont know that much about them apart form that you dont want one.

look for 6v 1100mAh+ reciever battery packs and go for NiMh not NiCad or LiPo. - oh and make sure that your Charger can handle NiMh batts!
Old 04-16-2005, 04:31 PM
bonified5

Ok thanks alot
Old 04-18-2005, 04:20 PM
mbba2002
Banned
My Feedback: (10)

You can make your own 2500 NIMH pack $10. Go to WALMART(AKA POORMART) You want more MAH for longer run times. I make all my own Tx and Rx packs.