Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

lst questions? newbie

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2005, 08:57 PM
gottabfordtough

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lst questions? newbie

how does the starting system work on the losi lst. and is it a reliable set up. also the specs say 2 speed autoshifting tranny with 4 forard gears. the four gears is confusing me. is it the 2 spur gears and 2 on the cluth bell????? any answers is apreciated. thanks.
Old 04-24-2005, 09:01 PM
raykessler

Default RE: lst questions? newbie

lst questions would be better answered in the LST forum

the starter is great, you use a stick pack that you can buy at any hobby store, it works by inserting a hex shaft into a starter backplate on the engine the starter turns over the engine until it starts

four forward gears is something that only the LST has, it has two sets of internal tranny gear ratios, there is a high and a low, high for high speed, and low for high torque, there is a shifter nob on top of the tranny if u look at the pics you can see it
Old 04-27-2005, 09:58 AM
hdmax

Default RE: lst questions? newbie

I use one of my 14.4V cordless drills to start my LST, as it was cheaper then buying a new battery pack. The drill I use was $39 and it has two batteries. A high quality battery pack for the starter is about $40 or more. I already had three drills like the one I am now using, so I saved money by doing this.
I don't know how often these batteries would need charged, but I have run 5 gallons of nitro through my LST and have not had to recharge the first battery in the drill.