Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

XTM Parts support leaves me un impressed!!!

Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

XTM Parts support leaves me un impressed!!!

Old 04-25-2005, 09:26 PM
silverman1

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default XTM Parts support leaves me un impressed!!!

Im not saying their product is lousy, but what I am saying is try getting a backing plate for a xtm 24.7, impossible, called all the hobbypeople stores, not to mention checked with global hobbies. Checked with countless other hobby stores to no avail. This is my first and last XTM vehicle because of this. They said part is backordered to june 15 -05. Redicoulous!!! They have been making this engine for years. New XTM engine no problem, but parts for it except off of ebay where they get way overinflated due to demand F******NN Bull****[>:][>:][>:]
Old 04-25-2005, 10:08 PM
Ovgron

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: XTM Parts support leaves me un impressed!!!

when mine stripped, I used a torq .21 backplate. Took me about 15 minutes of tinkering and grinding, and I made it work. I dont think you HAVE to use a 24.7 backplate. Try other engines backplates (if you got any), and see if they fit. Sometimes you gotta take stuff into your own hands.
Old 04-26-2005, 06:41 PM
silverman1

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah, I hear ya dude!! Im gonna try a backplate off of a Mach .26. They take the same sulliven roto start, and basically have what looks to be almost identical components. I hope it works out. Like I said Im not knocking xtm products, but i encounterd this same issue with the 24.7 even years ago. Lack of that part that is. I didn't own xtm at that time but was looking for a backplate for someone else. I like variety, but im beginning to believe stay with what is popular because you know you can find parts for it.

thanks
Old 04-26-2005, 08:59 PM
Frost_
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: silverman1

Im not saying their product is lousy, but what I am saying is try getting a backing plate for a xtm 24.7, impossible, called all the hobbypeople stores, not to mention checked with global hobbies. Checked with countless other hobby stores to no avail. This is my first and last XTM vehicle because of this. They said part is backordered to june 15 -05. Redicoulous!!! They have been making this engine for years. New XTM engine no problem, but parts for it except off of ebay where they get way overinflated due to demand F******NN Bull****[>:][>:][>:]
Hey try this;

PM the RCU user named engine_nut
There is a fair chance he has some on-hand, and if you have paypal, he can get it to you quick. If you don't wanna PM a stranger out of the blue, tell him I told you to. He is a great guy and very trustworthy. Ask him for ideas of places to get them if he doesn't happen to have them at the moment. He kept them on-hand 'cause people that got the SH28 (LOTS from him) wanted to be able to use the rotostart. The whole backplate from the 24.7 is needed and bolts right up. Good luck.