Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

schumacher raptor

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2005, 11:15 AM
ross_jsy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default schumacher raptor

hi. i have had nitros before but have always been st's. then i saw the raptor in my lhs and they said it is selling like mad. anyway i have finally saved up enough but decided to ask you what you think of it. i bash so i need something strong but i do like a bit of speed and apparently it is. anyway what do you think?

thanks

ross
Old 05-16-2005, 12:04 PM
ScMc

Default RE: schumacher raptor

Schumachers dont sell like "mad" like your LHS claims. They are fast for a couple runs or so until you lose control and have a pile of parts to deal with.

Heres the deal on speed and durability:

You can have a 70mph+ truck, or you can have a durable truck.

When you're going 70 miles per hour and you crash into a wall, its going to shatter, break, or bend something no matter what.

My advice is to grab a Revo if you're strictly racing, a savage if you're strictly bashing, or a Tamiya TNX if you want to kick ass at both.

[&:]

Good luck.
Old 05-16-2005, 12:36 PM
ross_jsy

i know dude i had a shumacher and lost control at 70+ into a lamp post. i thought i would never get another sch. but i saw this and wanted 1. and it is only £355 where as they can get a revo down for me but it will cost £490 and i am only 14 so i cant afford it. anyway i see the revo as a basher but more as a racer. they can also get me a savage down but it will cost to much. anyway i am not going to leave the stock radio gear in and it will have a failsafe. they are shifting in the lhs they have been shifting. they have sold sometin like 10 in the last month which isnt bad for an island 9 miles by 5.
Old 05-16-2005, 02:37 PM
Combatcm
My Feedback: (1)

Schumachers dont sell like "mad" like your LHS claims.
He's from the UK, of course they do. I would stick whats easier to get parts for.
Old 05-16-2005, 06:48 PM
ScMc

ORIGINAL: Combatcm

Schumachers dont sell like "mad" like your LHS claims.
He's from the UK, of course they do. I would stick whats easier to get parts for.
In the USA they dont sell very good. Didnt see his location.
Old 05-17-2005, 01:37 PM
b@5her

have a look at these
http://www.modelsport.co.uk/?CallFun...n&ItemID=16005

http://www.modelmegastore.co.uk/prod...ID=37&c=173126

i think both of these would be a better choise for the same money as the raptor

http://www.modelsport.co.uk/?CallFun...n&ItemID=16041

http://www.modelsport.co.uk/?CallFun...n&ItemID=18994 (works out to 365 with the voucher)

i dont have any experience with the raptor but did a lot of research around xmas time as i was looking into getting a MT
although not being a bad truck the raptor seemed to have to many nigggles for me to get one.
Old 05-17-2005, 02:57 PM
ross_jsy

i know but i am only 14 and on a rather limeted budget and although my thing says i live on the mainland i actually live on a small island called jersey and my lhs cant stock parts for most of them. i was going to get the savage but cant afford to order it down and the parts are hard to get. there are a few savages on the island but they get the parts off the net which i cant be bothered. the others would have to be specially ordered and i dont know if the supplier could get them down
Old 05-19-2005, 06:54 PM
MountainMotor
My Feedback: (7)

I would go with what you can afford and what you can get parts for. If something breaks you don't want to wait a week or more to get replacement parts. Don't get me wrong, don't get a piece of junk but I don't think any of the trucks your looking at are junk.
Old 05-20-2005, 02:27 PM
ross_jsy

got it today. the break in is so long. you have to idle through 3 tanks and the tank is massive. oh well might be able to run it properly tomorrow
Old 05-25-2005, 12:02 PM
Ybenjulkay2x

Toooooo late to read your thread, it have a lot of bad things about the raptor, first it originate from prp then schumacher bought it, if you want to know more go to powerracing raptor forum. I have one and now having problem getting the parts as prp discontinue making it, just wonder how schumacher will handel the parts problem.
Old 05-25-2005, 01:24 PM
ross_jsy

my lhs can stock parts
Old 05-26-2005, 02:40 AM
Ybenjulkay2x

If you were here in the U S, better to stock a lot of parts, as we call prp already( my lhs) about two weeks ago, they don't make parts nor stock them, I hope I still can get those parts from acehardware hobbies, just kind of far from my place but I can live with it.
Wonder if those part number are the same from schumacher raptor, its the same truck tho.
Old 05-26-2005, 04:09 AM
Haulin bass

power racing was the distributer in the US but they lost it To RDlogics if you want parts for your raptor in the states you need rdlogics wolverine parts.hers a link
http://www.rdlogics.com/cgi-bin/cate...egory=WolParts
enjoy your raptor ross_jsy
Old 05-28-2005, 05:12 PM
Ybenjulkay2x

I check their location and it was just in L.A. thanks lol.
Old 05-28-2005, 07:07 PM
Muswagon

PRP was distributing the Raptor and Swift in North America, and Schumacher was distributing them in the UK and possibly elsewhere.

Nanda, which is the Chinese company that makes it, changed the NA rights to RD Logics (as was posted above). However, this has not changed the Schumacher agreement, and parts will not be a problem on that side of the pond. The engine looks cheesy with that head, but, I bought a brand new one (RD Infinity .27), and it is one of the strongest engines I have ever run. The Raptor has gone through updates and I am sure they are through the bad stuff that happened to the early units. As stated above, people here can parts all day long at RD Logics. UK from Schumacher. Quit being robots and promoting the Savage, your reasoning looks the same as the ads I read, dont be so easily led and let people buy something that they can afford. I guarantee that the Raptor is the cheapest truck in the UK. Speaking of which, I feel bad for our European friends and the prices they have to pay for RC, totally insane.
Old 05-29-2005, 12:03 PM
ross_jsy

what were the early problems. i love it though and it can seriously take a beating. i jumped it down some huge stairs and screwed it up, it bounced and landed upside down, i thought it was wrecked but nothing. only a scratched rollbar. can youget alu parts for it and is the wheel connection the same as a savage
Old 05-31-2005, 03:47 PM
Ybenjulkay2x

The early problem of the raptor are all the plastic parts are so brittle specialy the bumper, arm bumper, I also got problem with the diff. that keep on getting loose until I upgrade all those screw goes to the ring gear to housing, last the one way bearing mest-up due to that diff. problem, found that problem when decide to rebuild my diff.
The engine are good................... we don't have problem with the engine here in the U.S. even tho it is a toki engine (phantom .27).
After they upgrade those plastic parts...............for me now, it run much better than the savage, as my dauther bushing around with her savage.
What I need now is a body.
Old 06-01-2005, 03:59 AM
ross_jsy

i HATE the engine. it is a bummer to tune and always cuts out. but my bumpers are good as i have landed a 5ft jump on them and nothing broke. when i get enough money i will upgrade the engine. do you know what fit it with no mods?
Old 06-01-2005, 11:21 AM
Frost_
My Feedback: (1)

The engine is the same as the Fantom27, Samurai27 etc... Team Infinity... I had one 3 engines ago in my Savage and had no issues with it at all, although ThermalRD had the Fan27 version and had issues with his...

That engine isn't all that suited to a MT imho; it revs alot but it's kind of weak on the bottom end.
Old 06-01-2005, 11:57 AM
ross_jsy

i know, it realy strugles to climb hills etc at low throtle. cant waite to get back off my holiday and use it. its very fast for a monster truck though but i need low end push.
Old 06-04-2005, 12:16 PM
ross_jsy

i was wondering if you could get aluminium hop ups and if any savage hop ups fit it. bought some new rims and tires and it has really improved grip but i am going to get aluminium rims as the torque easily shreds these
Old 06-09-2005, 02:33 AM
Ybenjulkay2x

I do also have problem before about those rims, until I decide to used red tread lock on those nuts, as the nut always getting loose and start stripping the rims.
I hope those nuts will hold as I just replaced my engine to Sportwerks .26.
Old 06-09-2005, 10:23 AM
ross_jsy

was the engine a direct drop in or did you have to modify the car. did you replace the rims with different ones or stick with the same as i have changed and have 40 serries tyres on which has really improved grip and handling.
Old 06-15-2005, 11:47 AM
Ybenjulkay2x

The engine fit in my truck, I just need to make adjustment by getting the right shim
for the fly wheel and bell with 18teeth, as the bell were too close at the spur, right it have at least 2 to 3mm gap between the bell and the spur gear.
The rim, I used HPI rims as that was one of the chippest I could get and it work, I used rubber CA glue to make it hold both tire and rims.
Old 04-11-2006, 07:28 AM
GungaGarth

I have a Raptor with the single disc brakes and stripped out the plastic gears in the gear box. Can anyone point me were to buy some gears?