Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

Traxxas REVO vs Hpi Savage 25 help

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum
View Poll Results: A poll
Traxxas Revo
56.60%
Hpi Savage 25
43.40%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Traxxas REVO vs Hpi Savage 25 help

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2005, 09:12 PM
RCNewcomer
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Traxxas REVO vs Hpi Savage 25 help

Having to minds revo or savage 25? DURABILITY, BASHER, SPEEDER? HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!
Old 06-12-2005, 09:19 PM
<conrad>

Default RE: Traxxas REVO vs Hpi Savage 25 help

i would say the revo but if i were u i would consider the savage 4.6 faster and more durable than the revo and it will cost u only 50 bucks more than the revo (depending on what radio u get
Old 06-12-2005, 09:32 PM
BugattiFreak

this is simple, for the RTR's:
REVO-racer
Savage-basher
savage 4.6 ss kit- whole new group, basher/racer
LST-beats all in everything
Old 06-13-2005, 12:51 AM
MountainMotor
My Feedback: (7)

BugattiFreak said it best! His scale is the same way I see it.
Old 06-13-2005, 12:54 AM
RenegadeRevo

Too bad it's false.

Revo - Basher/Racer
Savage - Basher/maybe Racer (seen some do it...)
Savage 4.6SS - More powerful Basher / Racer
LST - Basher... can barely keep up with Revo.

Old 06-13-2005, 02:00 AM
RCNewcomer

which can handle the rocks and veryveryveryvery rough desert terrains?
Old 06-13-2005, 12:12 PM
RenegadeRevo

All of 'em.
Old 06-13-2005, 12:15 PM
itspuddingtime00

I was in the same boat as you, went with the revo. You will probably be happy with either one, so just go for whatever your lhs has parts for.
Old 06-13-2005, 12:21 PM
Lardman

Ok well first of all we need to stop all of these xxxx vs yyyy things. The one asking the quesiton will be more confused then when he asked the question. Everyone has different opinions the buyer and buyer alone can only make his decision on what and what not to get unless he told you what he specificly asked for. Just something to think about ...

-Michael
Old 06-13-2005, 12:28 PM
RCNewcomer

Well my lhs recommends the savage 25 to start out with. this is going to be my first nitro
Old 06-13-2005, 12:34 PM
Lardman

Which ever you get you will be happy with but whatever you LHS has the most replacement parts for.
Old 06-13-2005, 01:09 PM
RCNewcomer

^^^^^^^^^ they carry both, i have two lhs one across the street to the other.
Old 06-13-2005, 02:03 PM
Lardman

Oh ... your lucky, my lhs ONLY caries XTM products
Old 06-13-2005, 04:17 PM
TRX2.5Revo

ORIGINAL: REVOFAMILY

Too bad it's false.

Revo - Basher/Racer

What he said^^
Old 06-13-2005, 05:47 PM
2DMaxLST!!

Too bad it's false.

Revo - Basher/Racer

Are you talking about the track?? Both with stock engines??
Old 06-13-2005, 06:34 PM
RenegadeRevo

Actually, I'm just talking trash back. Since it is COMPLETELY off-topic (notice LST isn't listed in the Poll...) Just thought I'd take a shot back.
Old 06-13-2005, 08:07 PM
MountainMotor

Here we go again, more bashing. The poor boy just wants opinons not arguing. Any of the trucks that are mentioned here are good trucks, just look at the trucks and if you have a track near you then I would suggest watching all of them run. All of the trucks have a different feel about them. Some are faster, some steer better, some are tougher, some are bigger, it's just according what you want. As you can tell everyone has a different opinion. If you are set on either the Revo or Savage, then here, the Savage is tougher and bigger but the Revo is faster and a better racer. Both are great trucks. If your still open to other suggestions then their are also some other great trucks out there too that other people would prefer. How much are you looking at spending? What characteristics are you looking for the most, a better basher, faster, bigger?
Old 06-13-2005, 08:47 PM
RenegadeRevo

I'd like to see which one is more durable... let's take ONE Savage... and ONE Revo... start 'em from 100ft away... and run full-force into eachother... see which one holds up better. Ah, I'm not bashing the LST... I'm just razzing the LST owners.. since they obviously don't understand that the poll is between the Savage and the Revo (hence the name "Traxxas REVO vs Hpi Savage 25 help " and there are only the Revo and the Savage in the poll.... guess they have to mention the LST somehow... even if it's not even asked for.
Old 06-14-2005, 12:10 AM
MountainMotor

Well some people like to help and show other people that their are more than a couple of worthy MT's out there. I didn't say anything bad about any of the trucks, I was just making sure that he knows about a lot of good MT's. If he is set on a Revo or Savage that's fine but I was just finding out which vehicles he knows about. Those might be the only two vehicles he knows anything about and if he finds out more then he might like some of the other MT's too. I get tired of people bashing me and others when someone has a different suggestion.
Old 06-14-2005, 12:57 PM
RenegadeRevo

Yeah, but the funny thing is ... LST guys can mention the LST on a thread that doesn't include them... and the XTM guys can mention the X-factor or Mammoth... but if a Revo guy mentions a Revo, everyone tells him he's dumb and the Revo isn't on the list. Anyways, doesn't matter... everyone is entitled to his or her own opinion... my post about the LST was just so razz the LST guys. I'm tired of arguing which truck is better, too... 'cause I think the Revo is the best... some people think the Mammoth is the best... some Savage... some LST... they all have their good points... and it depends on what you want... as to which one to choose. At one point or another, the truck will have to be fixed, unless you don't really drive it. No matter whether it's a Mammoth, LST, Revo, Savage, or whatever... it will have to be fixed.... some more than others (durability factor) but they all require work.
Old 06-14-2005, 02:30 PM
e-normus-1

Yeah, but the funny thing is ... LST guys can mention the LST on a thread that doesn't include them... and the XTM guys can mention the X-factor or Mammoth... but if a Revo guy mentions a Revo, everyone tells him he's dumb and the Revo isn't on the list. Anyways, doesn't matter... everyone is entitled to his or her own opinion... my post about the LST was just so razz the LST guys. I'm tired of arguing which truck is better, too... 'cause I think the Revo is the best... some people think the Mammoth is the best... some Savage... some LST... they all have their good points... and it depends on what you want... as to which one to choose. At one point or another, the truck will have to be fixed, unless you don't really drive it. No matter whether it's a Mammoth, LST, Revo, Savage, or whatever... it will have to be fixed.... some more than others (durability factor) but they all require work.
I hate to agree with Revofamily but the topic does ask for Revo or Savage info. We LST owners shouldn't try to push our near perfect truck on anyone who hasn't ask about it. His lost. But on topic of the 2 choices I would get a Revo only becasue I have had a Savage and would try something new.
Old 06-14-2005, 03:36 PM
RenegadeRevo

ORIGINAL: e-normus-1

I hate to agree with Revofamily but the topic does ask for Revo or Savage info. We LST owners should try to push our near perfect truck on anyone who hasn't ask about it. His lost. But on topic of the 2 choices I would get a Revo only becasue I have had a Savage and would try something new.

Of course, that could be said for anyone who likes their truck. (I think the Revo is the best truck out... even better than the LST). I haven't had any experience with the Savage... aside from seeing one at the track once... so, my recommendation is based on what I've heard from Savage owners... and how much I like my Revo. I haven't talked to too many people that HAVE a Revo and don't like it. That's more than I can say about other trucks.
Old 06-15-2005, 02:29 PM
fastcrash

if you want a truck to race, and bash, then the revo has a slight edge over the savy....

now on the other hand if you want a truck that spends more time on the work bench than the track, then buy an lst.[sm=lol.gif]
Old 06-15-2005, 02:39 PM
fantomas
My Feedback: (3)

which can handle the rocks and veryveryveryvery rough desert terrains?
here is a nice video that traxxas put up... http://www.traxxas.com/ftp/revo_mov/...deo_revo14.htm
Old 06-16-2005, 02:26 AM
8ball420

lst suck

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.