Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

whats your favorite monster truck

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum
View Poll Results: A poll
traxxas revo
22.64%
associated monster gt
9.43%
xtm mammoth
5.66%
trinity spider
0%
tamiya tnx
18.87%
traxxas t-maxx
3.77%
other
39.62%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2005, 11:14 PM
RenegadeRevo
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: whats your favorite monster truck

Well, I guess now that I'm a bit older the Walmart/Radio Shack ones aren't as interesting to me (always thought of getting one and converting it to brushless...) But .... that's my point... how can any Monster Truck be more "Fun" than another? If you can hit the same jumps, same terrain, and do the same things... how can it be more fun? I like to say my fun comes in speed, and ability to do things without snapping parts... but, with the statements made about the X being slower than other trucks, and not as durable... where does it become more "fun" ? I have to say... I believe I would have just as much fun running an X-factor as I would a Genesis, LST, TNX, MGT, Savvy, or Revo. I think they're all fun... as long as they run, right? I mean, if they weren't very "fun" the manufacturers would be going out of business.
Old 06-15-2005, 11:29 PM
2DMaxLST!!

ORIGINAL: REVOFAMILY

yep, seen one... seen one run... seen one jump... and I liked it. Since I told you before I don't really RACE... how could I have run a race with one? What does that have to do with my post? He asked what was exceptional about the Revo... so, I told him... nothing was said about the LST, good or bad... I also said that I believe the "fun factor" in any truck is high.... I think I could have fun with just about anything.... LST, Genesis, Revo... heck, even a Walmart R/C can be fun... they're all gonna be fun... as long as they run!
I was refrencing your comment that a Revo can hang even with a .21+ which is just not true based on my direct experience. Everything I ever mention is based on my absolute direct experience. You are correct, we should all be thankful that we can afford these things and have a good time with them. I had a Clodbuster as my first true hobby R/C with 4 wheel steering and that thing was a blast. My worst experience with R/C was a 2.5 Tmaxx.
Old 06-15-2005, 11:36 PM
Lardman

Well, I guess now that I'm a bit older the Walmart/Radio Shack ones aren't as interesting to me (always thought of getting one and converting it to brushless...) But .... that's my point... how can any Monster Truck be more "Fun" than another? If you can hit the same jumps, same terrain, and do the same things... how can it be more fun? I like to say my fun comes in speed, and ability to do things without snapping parts... but, with the statements made about the X being slower than other trucks, and not as durable... where does it become more "fun" ? I have to say... I believe I would have just as much fun running an X-factor as I would a Genesis, LST, TNX, MGT, Savvy, or Revo. I think they're all fun... as long as they run, right? I mean, if they weren't very "fun" the manufacturers would be going out of business.
I tip my hat to you my friend
Old 06-16-2005, 12:54 AM
CDW

Savage for me
Old 06-16-2005, 01:06 AM
RenegadeRevo

ORIGINAL: 2DMaxLST!!

yep, seen one... seen one run... seen one jump... and I liked it. Since I told you before I don't really RACE... how could I have run a race with one? What does that have to do with my post? He asked what was exceptional about the Revo... so, I told him... nothing was said about the LST, good or bad... I also said that I believe the "fun factor" in any truck is high.... I think I could have fun with just about anything.... LST, Genesis, Revo... heck, even a Walmart R/C can be fun... they're all gonna be fun... as long as they run!
I was refrencing your comment that a Revo can hang even with a .21+ which is just not true based on my direct experience. Everything I ever mention is based on my absolute direct experience. You are correct, we should all be thankful that we can afford these things and have a good time with them. I had a Clodbuster as my first true hobby R/C with 4 wheel steering and that thing was a blast. My worst experience with R/C was a 2.5 Tmaxx.
Well, the X-factor has a 24.7 in it (.247) and the Revo will beat an X-factor in a race, so there is validity to my statement. If you want to argue with me that your LST is faster than my Revo, that's fine... we'll settle this argument in July.... on paper, the Revo can hang with the LST, and many other .21+ trucks... in real life, I believe it... you may not, and that's fine. Just get over your "My LST is better than anything on the road" and actually contribute positively to the thread.

P.S. On a side note... at the track, there is no place to drag race, so the pure speed of things isn't going to be tested at the track. If you would like to test driver skill w/ my Revo and your LST, fine, let's do it. J_bone is working on getting us a "Grudge match" so, we'll have to see about that. If you would like to finish the "grudge" of whether or not my Revo can beat your LST (speed-wise) we'll have to take it to a local park, or somewhere that is open, and has enough room to run 'em full-speed.
Old 06-16-2005, 01:08 AM
RenegadeRevo

ORIGINAL: Lardman

I tip my hat to you my friend
Thank you, I appreciate the gesture.
Old 06-16-2005, 02:08 AM
8ball420

i'm a revo guy like have had no problems with yhem but it dosent matter what kind of truck u have they all have there pro;d and con's and yes some r faster than others thats just how it is.
Old 06-16-2005, 02:32 AM
MrBillUp

it's F1-inspired suspension
REVOFAMILY, could you please explain to me what you mean by F1 inspired suspension? Do you mean Formula 1??
Old 06-16-2005, 02:39 AM
allen0622

yeah, the shocks lay down horizontally just like Formula 1 cars(inspired). The most RC fun I've ever had I think was the first one I ever got, not a truck but it was all so new and the sheer speed was so amazing compared to the radioshack crap I was used to. And it was my Tamiya Hornet, it will be pretty hard to top that old memory. The new stuff is even faster but, it's just not new anymore. Even though the first time I took my T-Maxx(first nitro) to a construction site climbing and jumping the 20'-40' dirt hills does come pretty close.
Old 06-16-2005, 05:26 AM
RenegadeRevo

^^^^^^ There ya go... and... YUP.. I meant Formula 1 suspension. "You mean they actually USE technology in these things?" WOW... who'da thunk it?

Look familiar? Now is there any question why the Revo handles so well?
Old 06-16-2005, 08:23 AM
2DMaxLST!!

ORIGINAL: 2DMaxLST!!

P.S. On a side note... at the track, there is no place to drag race, so the pure speed of things isn't going to be tested at the track. If you would like to test driver skill w/ my Revo and your LST, fine, let's do it. J_bone is working on getting us a "Grudge match" so, we'll have to see about that. If you would like to finish the "grudge" of whether or not my Revo can beat your LST (speed-wise) we'll have to take it to a local park, or somewhere that is open, and has enough room to run 'em full-speed.

Revofamily: you called me out to race you at your track and that is what I am going to do. I will be running all stock drive train and engine of course except for the clutch and pipe. I assume you will get a kickbutt 2.5r tuned up and ready to go?? Just kidding, I wouldn't do that to you. I race several Revo's with O.S. TM and TZ's and 2.5r's. I was talking to the guy with the O.S. TM on the drivers stand and he kept telling he wishes he had the power to approach some of the doubles that I do and just make it. He was a former LST owner but said he has had the most fun with his Revo.

Here are the results from my last Race. The picture is a link to the actual website where I did post the entire 20minute main and you can verify that I'm being straight with you. Oh yeah, I'm Dennis.
[link=http://www.rcfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8936][/link]

Steve Slayden is the team driver for Traxxas and from people I've talked to, that have pitted next to him, a helluva guy to boot. I've never met him or even watched him drive in person but I can imagine he is very good. He has a write up he did regarding the Pro-line Maxx Challenge from about a month ago. http://www.traxxas.com/support/pub/m...lenge_2005.htm He writes very well and I like to read all his stuff. Pay attention to the extended chassis Big Block Revo part.

My point is the Revo is a major upgrade from all of the Tmaxxs I have owned. If it came with a longer chassis, big block, native sway bar mounting, all metal drive train, all alum shocks (caps) I would be all over it. That being said it is by far the best selling monter truck with the best marketing in the history of R/C.

I never out right say anyones truck sucks, that's just disrespectful, rude and not what I'm about as a person. If you want me to throw up some screen snapshots of you doing that all over the place I can.

Anyway sorry to drag this thread down with my views. I will see you at the track in July!!
Old 06-16-2005, 08:26 AM
MrBillUp

Ahh I see where your going! Maybe you should say Indi Car or summit like that as F1 cars have NO suspension at all. They ride so low to the ground that they dont need it. Ayrtom Senna found out to his cost in 1994 at Imola when his tyre pressures dropped a knats cock after following the safety car and his Williams bottomed out and sent him into the wall killing him. If they had suspension this would happen all the time as the cars have to run so low to the ground to get the suction from the downforce.
Old 06-16-2005, 10:39 AM
rtypec

ORIGINAL: hession667

I believe most everyone's answer to this is going to be...

"Mine"
Old 06-16-2005, 12:48 PM
RenegadeRevo

That's awesome that you got second place... see, the downside for me is... I'm not a Racer... I've only gone to Hobby Action (the track) twice in my life. I can practice, sure... but the race you're talking about isn't about which truck is the best... it's which driver is the best. I proved that theory the first time I went... I raced my friend in a stock T-maxx... and he won... I had to buy him a drink (friendly bet)... 'cause I sucked at driving, and kept crashing. I've gotten better the more I've practiced, but comparing my "skills" to someone who has had much more experience with track racing... is not a true showing of truck vs. truck... A true showing of which truck is faster will come in the form of a straight-line drag race, which we can not do at Hobby Action.... however we can meet up at a park somewhere and get that out of the way.

Oh, and about saying someone's truck sucks... I apologize, if I have ever done that. I was wrong, and I admit it. Everyone has his or her own opinion... and if I shared that in a manner that was "disrespectful" I am sorry.
Old 06-16-2005, 12:50 PM
RenegadeRevo

ORIGINAL: rtypec

I believe most everyone's answer to this is going to be...

"Mine"
You know there is a reason people have the trucks they have... and I doubt it's becuse they think it sucks.
Old 06-16-2005, 01:26 PM
allen0622

You sure F1 cars have no suspension at all? I would think they would have to have some sort of spring or dampening system to absorb the bumps and control any body roll, I mean even on a racetrack it's not perfectly smooth, plus it helps with the handling in keeping the tires in contact with the ground when turning. no racecars have alot of travel but there's usually something. I would be very surprised if there was nothing.
ORIGINAL: MrBillUp

Ahh I see where your going! Maybe you should say Indi Car or summit like that as F1 cars have NO suspension at all. They ride so low to the ground that they dont need it. Ayrtom Senna found out to his cost in 1994 at Imola when his tyre pressures dropped a knats cock after following the safety car and his Williams bottomed out and sent him into the wall killing him. If they had suspension this would happen all the time as the cars have to run so low to the ground to get the suction from the downforce.
Old 06-16-2005, 01:31 PM
allen0622

Here's an F1 site I found. http://www.formula1.com/insight/tech...fo/11/582.html
Old 06-16-2005, 01:50 PM
RenegadeRevo

"Unlike road cars, Formula One springs are no longer mounted directly to the suspension arms, instead being operated remotely via push-rods and bell cranks which (like the lobes of a camshaft) allow for variable rate springing"

Just like the Revo... and in the picture... So, yes... F1-inspired suspension.
Old 06-16-2005, 01:50 PM
2DMaxLST!!

yep, I said that, didn't I? I have officially resigned from the argument, and if you feel comfortable with winning by default, good for you, just wanted to let you know that your idea was wrong. (gotta have the last word, ya know?) You keep on thinking that LST is the best truck ever made, and keep fixing it, upgrading the engine, whatever you want... and when you finally realize that you were wrong, you get to keep it inside, because I really don't care. As was said in the beginning of this thread, I believe it was .... arguing on the internet is like competing in the Special Olympics.... no matter whether you WIN or lose, you're still RETARDED. If you would like, you can meet me at the track you so wonderfully pointed out, and you can race me. Otherwise, you can shut up, and stick with your LST buddies.... 'cause they're the only ones that really believe the crap that is pouring out of your mouth.
Well here are your exact words where you called me out. I accepted your challenge and I'm the one driving 971 miles to a track that is foreign to me to answer your call out. Of course after the event we can go to a local park and have a drag race or whatever you want with my stock LST engine. Later we can go to a local micro brewery and I'll buy you a beer!!
Old 06-16-2005, 02:04 PM
RenegadeRevo

I never said I didn't call you out. I just said that it sucks that I'm not that good of a driver and the race will come down to who has more skills, instead of who has the "better" truck. I have to say, I won't take you up on a Beer, but perhaps a soda (I don't do alcohol... my dad died of liver cancer (somewhat hereditary) and I'm keeping myself as far away from alcohol/cigs/drugs as I can) and I'll probably have to drive myself back home... don't need a DUI. But, either way... I'm sure it'll be fun... and good bragging rights for whoever wins. The drag race will be more of a test of all-out power... so, that's the main reason I wanna do that, just to see where we stand... my little .23 vs. your BIG .26 I'd put my 2.5r back on, but ... this is between my truck (which is now .23 powered) and your truck. (which is Mach .26 powered)... I have talked to a few people and... stock vs. stock, they're pretty close... talking to one person... off-the-line he got beat by the Revo, but shortly reeled him in and passed him. I dunno if it's because the Revo is slower, or the Revo wasn't tuned / geared right.... (adjusting the shift point dramatically increases winning ability) Either way, it doesn't matter. It will be fun...
Old 06-16-2005, 03:31 PM
MrBillUp

When I say NO suspension at all I mean it you will not be able to push a Formula 1 car to the ground. They are so stiff that all but the very biggest of bumps are soaked up through the chassis and they are only an inch from the ground. Obviously the car cannot be ridgid so this is why they have dampers to help when hitting apexs etc.. If you listen to any commentry on F1 they will say how the F1 car has no suspension as such and this is why even the very smallest of bumps goes right through the drivers body.

I cant for the life of me see how you can compare the suspension of an F1 car to a £400 monster truck, its rediculous, especially as the Revo has god knows how much travel. I believe that when you say F1 inspired you are on about the layout of the shocks, and I can see that there is a slight similarity but its not going to be enough to make me rush out and buy one.
Old 06-16-2005, 04:21 PM
RenegadeRevo

"Unlike road cars, Formula One springs are no longer mounted directly to the suspension arms, instead being operated remotely via push-rods and bell cranks which (like the lobes of a camshaft) allow for variable rate springing"

Just like the Revo... and in the picture... So, yes... F1-inspired suspension.
Read this ^^^^^^^ and you will see how it is F1-inspired. No one said that it had NO suspension travel, like the F1 racers... the Revo's suspension is operated remotely via pushrods and rockers (bell cranks) to allow for variable rate springing. "Inspired" means that they got the IDEA from a certain source, hence the "F1-inspired" suspension. It is more technologically advanced than the old style of attaching a spring/shock assembly directly to the suspension arms... and to a shock tower, which generally fails when put under a large load (unless well-braced). The new style also allows for a more "progressive" spring/shock rate. As the suspension compresses, it changes the amount of shock/spring stiffness, and also can be adjusted (Via different progressive rockers).
Old 06-16-2005, 10:52 PM
eightball258
Banned

if u r a nigger get out of my forum.
Old 06-16-2005, 11:01 PM
RenegadeRevo

HA HA ... Wow... a bit racist are we? Last I checked, this is a free forum, and no matter what color you are... you're allowed to be here...
Old 06-16-2005, 11:08 PM
Lardman

if u r a nigger get out of my forum.
Wow, were did that come from ... better watch out or your gonna get banned for that kinda stuff

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.